CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Homecoming

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 09, 2012 on CBS

• Superb

what is going to happen!?! it was a great episode!
  • Three People Are Murdered Near The Site Of A Campaign Dinner As The 12th Season Ends.

This episode was fantastic! Definitely one of the season's top-ten episodes! Let's start with the opening scene. It was great to see D.B. as a family man. He has a loveable personality. There are many other great scenes with D.B. and his family throughout the episode. The investigation was also interesting and it kept me guessing the direction of the plot. Also, the political fallout behind D.B.'s and Julie's troubled past was revealed during the investigation. After I learned their secret, I have to admit, I was kinda disappointed. It could have been much bigger. It was also nice to see this old enemy as a special guest star. But I miss Sqweegel. He should come back! I would hate to see Nick leave but I am 100% sure that he will return! I loved the mention of Catherine in the scene where Nick hesitates to continue his job. Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue give their best performances in the series. This episode also worked very well since dark music was played around for a very long time. After watching this episode, I actually like Julie Finnlay. This season (Which is the second best season of the show!) ends with a dramatic cliffhanger. It will be a long summer and I'm looking forward to part two. All I can say is WOW!
  • Going Back To Its Roots

Excellent episode, CSI at its prime. A bit slow to start, a bit too much time spent focusing on the triple murder, considering all of the important, plot engaging action happened in the last 10-ish minutes of the episode.

In this episode the final plot fell back on some classic themes; a character's doubt about their job (something Sarah Grissom and Catherine have gone through, a character getting attacked for something they did on a case (Brass, Warrick, Nick nearly, Langston).

There is also an element of "hit them where they live" stuff, with DB's daughter, after he threatened McKeen, something which Catherine and Langston had experience with.

Finally we have the whole mob and insider inside the department plot being dredged up again, which is a plot which has a timeless charm to it.

All in all I think that it is a testament to the quality of the tv show that after twelve successful seasons they can still manage to have such entertaining and engaging plots, even while dredging up plot-lines that have been used before. Furthermore the introduction of the personal aspects of a number of the other main and secondary casts makes the show all the more enjoyable, an dis the reason why this show has survived where so many other in this genre would have long ago died out
  • will comes all to a end

it gets boring to much changings...dont care anymore about the show
  • The twelfth season ends with the team investigating a gruesome triple murder. Who the trail leads to stuns and angers the team.

My old enemy, the cliffhanger ending, has reared its ugly head once again. That aside I enjoyed "Homecoming" quite a bit. Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue work very well together. They have both done a great job helping to keep this great series afloat. However in the end I found myself not enjoying this finale as much as I have ones in the past. Possibly because I saw some recycled plot devices here. For example, Julie Finlay being convinced beyond the shadow of even the slightest doubt who the killer was, and then later (surprise!) that person's innocence was proven. Despite that, "Homecoming" is still a good episode. Now it's on to season thirteen. Look forward to seeing you there.
  • Amazing

The story was actually a pretty good one, But I would have to say that the best part of the episode was definitely the last 5 or so minutes, It left it on such an amazing cliffhanger it makes me wish that I hadn't watched it because now I have to wait to see what happens. I would recommend that people watch this episode because the story was pretty good but the ending just made it perfect in my opinion. So surprising. Its a must watch.
CBS