CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

House of Hoarders

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 21, 2010 on CBS

• the episode was overall good.

the episode was overall good.
    There were some nice jokes put in. De clash between Sarah and nick felt weird, for lack of a better word.
    and I've noticed something else in season 11. in every episode there has been a throwback to earlier seasons. from talking about Grissom or the vampire thing with the shakes or mentioning nick stalker.
    i found it very interesting that now that Anthony Zuiker is back they're putting allusions in there too episodes he wrote. even though Greg was in the episode i still would love an episode with a storyline in there for him. and please Greg lose the sunglasses they're way to big for you face and make you look ridiculous. And i still can get myself to like Langston, i don't know why but i don't like him. And greatly missing from the episode were Catherine and Hodges. But not too sound to nagging i do liked this episode
  • 11x05

5.5
    in my opinion this is the most boring episode from this season so far, at the beginning it was interesting the fact that the team had to investigate some homicides in a very strange house, but after the first 15 minutes it became so slow and boring, I´m really disappointed with this one because after watching "11x04 Sqweegel" I thought they were going to repair the mistakes done by the first three episodes but I was wrong because this one in my opinion was worse than those episodes, even worse than "11x03 Blood moon", which is a really annoying chapter I have to say.

P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in English, please forgive my mistakes
  • The CSIs are called to the home of a Hispanic woman named Marta. They soon find that Marta is a hoarder. When Nick, Sara and the team discover not one, not two, but FIVE dead bodies in the home, they begin to wonder if Marta is also a murderer.

I agree with the other posted reviews for this episode. "House of Hoarders" is the best episode of the season so far. The twists and turns the story takes to its conclusion help make this episode very entertaining. The cast also gives another top rate performance. The one problem I have with it is the tired plot device that one person, in this case Nick Stokes, is convinced Marta is guilty. I knew from the minute Stokes voiced his opinion that Marta was innocent. Despite that this episode worked. The final scene was a good way to end this episode.
  • Best episode of the season so far

Well, I thought last week's episode had been the best, but I take it back after seeing this one.

I love how psychology plays in this case and in both mother and daughter's illnesses. Is one the product of the other? Sara makes a very good analysis in the end... Every human being experiencing a trauma has many choices, but there are many factors around us that makes us choose right or wrong, or one path from the other. Finally Sara talks about her family, something that was left hanging seasons ago and I guess I understand her more now.

I don't think Nick and Sara's argument was forced or unnecessary because you have two partners who have grown in two different families and it was normal that these disagreements showed up. Nick, a family boy and Sara, from a broken home saw the case from a very different perspective.

Ray's Erich Fromm theory or whatever was actually pretty good and one thing I liked was that when Nick was being so stubborn about how he didn't get the case Ray was trying to make him see why.

Ratings were up for this episode, good to see it's back in many ways.

Willows wasn't in the episode? I love her but sorry, I didn't miss her :(
  • After really BAD few episodes finally a decent one! Spoilers.

There were few things that made this episode a good one. First of all Ray was toned down at last. It was very refreshing to see Greg, Nick and Sara working together. I looked forward to scenes liked these in the hoarder's house all this season. The only unnecessary thing was the argument between Sara and Nick in the lab. That was strange and the whole scene seemed forced - all of sudden they were arguing about their feelings about the case instead of looking for more evidence. I guess this was a way to show once again how "wise" and "experienced" Ray is. Completely uncalled for.
    I missed Catherine in this episode. Was there any explanation of her absence? As for the case - I enjoyed it very much. Finally something more ordinary and probable. It was a good change after all those sharks, vampires, spider-like serial killers and young pop "stars". The interior of Marta's house was really impressive. I have never seen such a mess before. All in all a good episode - for me the best of season 11 so far.