CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

In Vino Veritas

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2013 on CBS

• Worst. Episode. Ever.

I've been binge watching CSI, and have become a huge fan. But with this episode, I'm pretty sure I saw sharks circling - hope it's just the crossover effect. After watching this abomination, I had to put in my "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" DVD to see if even George Lucas had ever written worse dialogue, and you know what? He hadn't. "I knew you'd come for me!" "Always!" "I love you, Mac!" "I love you too, Christine!" Gag, retch, spew. Even Ted Danson couldn't save this one. I really hope the show I love hasn't jumped the shark.
  • WTF!!!!!

This episode sucks!! Really don't watch this!
  • As DB and the team investigate the murder of a wine connoisseur, Mac Taylor arrives from New York to surprise his girlfriend.

"In Vino Veritas" was a bit of a letdown for me. When I heard that a crossover between "CSI" and "CSI: NY" was happening, I was not overly excited, but I was eager to see it. While it was not terrible it did not live up to expectations. The story concerning the murder of the wine connoisseur was well done I will admit. However the storyline concerning Mac and his girlfriend seemed way too contrived for me to buy into. Also, since it was not given much screen time and was overshadowed by the murder investigation, it seemed like filler. Mac's dialogue in the final seen just seemed like he was reading lines from a script it was so cliched. Well, nobody's perfect.