CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Maid Man

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2011 on CBS

• 12x04

Sorry guys, I have to be totally honest with you, I know everybody is going to hate me for consider this episode as a bad one but I have to say that I did not like this episode and it is the first and hopefully the last time that one episode for season twelfth disappointed me.

I remember that in the previous season there was an episode called "House of Hoarders" which everybody loved except by me, I think the story is repeating again and this time the episode that everybody loved except by me is this one
    At the beginning this episode got my attention but after fifteen minutes I felt it totally boring and silly, the b plot was very boring too, definitively no matter how many people love this one, in my opinion this episode does not deserved be compared with any of the first three episode in season twelfth

P.D: I´m from Venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in English, please forgive my mistakes

• Whilst not being a landmark episode, Maid Man continues the trend of a solid season, incorporating two solid cases and a few twists which surprised me.

I liked this episode a lot, it had two decent cases and I am a bit of a sucker for the old-Vegas gangster-era episodes which occasionally get thrown out. As with all Dustin Lee Abraham written episodes, the A-plot was elaborate and multi-layered, sometimes even confusing at times but at least this time it didn't seem too over-the-top. *coughPoolSharkcough*

The B-case was decent, I liked how they set up the Prince as the bad guy only for it to turn out he did have some humanity in him after all. I didn't like how Morgan tried to be too much of a 'tough cookie' in this episode, she seemed too much like Riley a bit in this one and I don't think the show needs another one of those.

There were some good character moments in this episode. I'm continuing to like DB and the relationship between him and Catherine. Greg seems to be back to his old self so far this season, I loved how excited he got over the cases. Nick was just himself mainly and Brass made some priceless comments as usual.

Overall a solid episode, not anything spectacular but I liked both cases and I liked that unlike the last episode, both cases seemed finished an un-rushed.

• I love me some CSI, and I liked the depth Morgan's character was given..

My likes? Russell's bellowing, and how it unsettled the crew at first. What a contrast to the stoic and distant predecessors! I liked Morgan's emotional core, and her reaction to the Prince's surprise. I loooooved her response while having to swab and print the Prince!

My dislikes? Just one. The plot was a bit weak. I didn't feel a connection with Francis Fisher's character, especially in the last part's meltdown. It seemed *too* campy, and it takes a LOT for me to find ANYTHING too campy! :)

But who am I kidding? The team is coming together-along with Morgan (and are those sparks with Nick, or is he flirting and courting with the lab tech?)...it was another happy new episode of CSI!

• good story plot

I've always liked CSI LV, mainly because of the story line. The casts are good too, of course. I didn't like Ted Danson at first because he was too different from Langston and Grissom but it's this change in character that is making CSI more entertaining. His encounters with Greg are funny, especially when he asked Greg to approach him with a gun, it was hilarious.

USA