CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Meet Market

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 01, 2007 on CBS

• Yay, last day with Keppler on the job (I think)!

If I'm reading my sources right, this is Keppler's last episode and Grissom's coming back! I'm so happy. I never liked him. Yeah, switching him with Grissom was a good idea on the originality scale, but if they could be so kind as to not doing it again, that'd be great. Grissom's no freak! So what if he collects bugs, jars weird things,and has the scale models the mini-model killer (who didn't actually do it) made in his office? It a hobby, and it's a Grissom hobby. Lol, Sara looked like she wanted to ream him a new one for commnting on how Gris reminds him of a serial killer that collected toes. I love Nicky's determination. Yeah, doing all those exhumations and looking through the body to find donated parts will take months but Super Nicky will get the job done!

Onto crime scene B. That takes a whole new twist to dating service. I suppose it's sort of nice, until the girls get attached. I feel seriously bad for Jesse. Finding out his mother through his work. That totally sucks. Looking at it from his view point I'm totally understanding why he'd say he has no mother and that the way she was going at him was the sickest thing anyone's ever tried. Poor guy.

Lol, I like Cotton Candy. She's a funny, mislead girl. Pity she thinks Jesse's her fiance. She doesn't seem like the type to take rejection lying down. The scene where she went all CSI was fricking awesome! It's good to know that there are people out there (besides us crazy fans) who think that way.
  • The team investigates a torched body without any organs inside and a murder of a woman who got bludgeoned to death with a bottle of wine.

This episode has many twists that can keep the audience in their seats until it ends. Nick, Keppler, and Greg are assigned to the unknown torched body case that finally leads them to a greedy mortician and an irresponsible organ donation company owner. The corrupt mortician manipulated the CODs of the diseased bodies that came into his mortuary and replaced bones and organs, which should not have been used any more, with some kind of pipe, called PVC, and an umbrella in cahoots with the owner to make a few extra money. (How could he possibly think of putting an umbrella in a human's body?) Their dirty business cost seven innocent lives, who had received those diseased body parts from the company. Sara and Warrick work on a murder of a woman who was found dead in her own house. They traced her tracks back to a cabaret where men were getting paid to entertain women and found out she was one of the cabaret's regular customers who had an intimate relationship with a young host. This is the case that shocked me with these stunning twists. It turned out the woman was the young host's mother and that he killed her. It was so sad when he said in tears, "You call me a killer... a murderer, whatever, but don't tell me I have a mother." He had gone through a tough time without any family when he was a kid, and probably that experience could've made him flip out and kill her when he heard the whole story (even though he said he thought it was one of the tactics that his clients commonly use to be with him).
  • An interesting episode, but there is still that flare is missing that Grissom brings to the show.

I hardly payed attention to the cases in this episode. I was focused more on the characters. I thought the cases were kind of dull and disturbing. The guy sleeping with his mom goes beyond disturbing. And the bone harvesting made you kind of sigh and go "oh brother." I thought it was nice that the tention from Redrum didn't carry over into Meet Market. I think the team has learned to forgive and now they have to focus on their cases. Catherine gets very little air time which was a little disappointing, but then again she was the center of attention in last week's episode. I thought the part with Cotton Candy and the money she pulls out to have printed was funny. In my opinion the end of the episode was the most interesting part. I winder who was the voice that whispered "Keppler" at the end was? He is so strange.
  • Killer replacing victims' bones with metal pipes and umbrellas...

Keppler and Nick lead an investigation where the organs are removed from the body to be sold on black market and the bodies are burnt. The bones are replaced by strange things: metal pipes and umbrellas …The rest of the team work on a case where a rich woman is found dead which lead them to a business where women choose guys from catalogues to get romance.. Also, who’s the mysterious girl on the picture that Keppler keeps looking at? On another note, we see Grissom, still on his sabbatical, writing a letter to Sara… It is unknown at this point whether or not Sara will see it.
  • Great episode with interesting twists.

From start to finish, the twists and revelations kept me glued to the tv. It was almost funny when they found the broom handle and umbrella inside the burned body, except for the whole desecration thing. The greedy and nasty mortician was selling diseased tissue and bones to a clinic for transplant into healthy people. Some of those people died because the mortician falsified death certificates and cause of death. Then there was the meat market. Choose the guy you want to have a relationship with for money. A mother who gave her son up for adoption then pays money to spend time with him in a so-called relationship. There are so many things wrong with that on so many levels. Then there is creepy Keppler who gets an invitation to a memorial for a young girl who has been dead for 20 years. He gives me the willies.
  • So true...

So, the real people that work in the coroner’s office tell stories. One of these stories sounded very familiar to the tissue and organ part of this story. There was a dirty funeral home that was doing something similar. It’s nice to see that as strange as these stories sound, most of them are inspired by real events. So I was upset that Grissom didn’t send that letter. I wouldn’t blame Sara is she didn’t take him back upon his return, but then I guess that she knows him and knows how hard it is for him. So I really want to know more about Keppler. Guess I will have to wait until next week.
  • An episode worth watching for so many reasons

An episode worth watching for so many reasons, the acting, the writing, the story was all top-notch.Once again we saw a lot more of the whole cast, with Catherine only being given a small section. Her only part really being there to mirror the stripper and be the good cop. I loved Nick this episode, he again showed how caring and strong he is, and why he does this job. It was great to see his relationship with Kepplar develop further. ( time passes between episode to episode, we didn't nessesaserily see the time where Nick had to forgive Kepplar, or to move on from that and put it down to csi tactics that were not entirely the best option. It was Catherines descicion too.

Also I think that Kepplar has no 'alterior motive', i mean it's CSI, he's not a cylon or here to bring down the lab or anything, it's just not that type of show. He has different tactics in police work/forensics, but he's from a different city, so thats normal. You have to have a strong character to have that type of position, and he's bound to have reasons for being there. I don't think he's evil, probabably hurt, and not afraid to step on others toes to get the job done. Overall i think hes a good person

Thewriters really tried to develop his personality further this episode.We were led around to gaining respect and sympathy for him, which I think right now was a good idea. Although so close to Grissoms return, I can see some conflict coming up, it's really inevitable.

Sarah seemed overly suspicious or carefull as usual, with only a few choice cryptik words to Kepplar. She seemed oddly unaffected by the death of the lady, possibly she is missing Grissom so much her emotions are all tied up there.It was cool to see a flashover to Grissom at his desk. Quite heart-wrenching when you just knew could not bring himself to finish and send the letter. What he wrote though was very open and honest and Grissom definately is not that person. At least not yet. to me , not a break up letter.. That would be a shame. probably more of a letter to let all of his feelings out while he is away from her. She would have appreciated it though

Who's the mystery deceased girl that Kepplar has been thinking about? possibly his daughter? (read the bio now.....grrrr. ) The first time we met him, he said he has no kids and gave a hint of sadness. Overall the episode climaxed well for me, the storylines were neartly and warmly wrapped up as usual, giving the killers point of view and throwing questions in the air.

The casting was great again in the episode~!, the tissue bank manager was perfectly cast, as were jesse and the fantastic guy in the tissue collection morgue.For me the finale of the ep, the whispering of 'kepplar', was a suprise and I honestly have no idea what it signafies. Possibly the guy who's left many answering messages and phonecalls for him.?

Looking forward to the next episode, more from Superdave!! and the Grissom return.
    "Good to see the team hasn't forgotten him yet .

'you know what Grissom would say here dont'cha
    'something ironic i'm sure'
    I loved that

Overal - 9/10
  • Curiouser & curiouser

I am so intrigued by Keppler. I wonder if he is gong to head up another CSI spin off. With Grissom coming back next week, I don't see him sticking around in Vegas. I have million questions about him. What's with the phone call he was acoiding? Who was Amy? Why is she memorialized every year?

I am glad to see that the team got over the drama from last week & work well together. I thought there might be some residual weirdness, but there was not any I could see.

I am also wondering about the letter that Grissom clearly changed his mind about sending to Sara. I wonder when that romance will be explored on the show.
  • This market's closed.

A brief appearance by Grissom. That was probably the best part of the show. Okay, i'm kidding, but not too much happened in this episode. The case surrounding the meat market has been done by so many shows, that i didn't felt like it was anything too special. I was pretty surprised when i saw the guy who played matt Mcnamara from nip/tuck guest star as the male escort. It was kind of creepy that all this time, he was flirting and comforting his mother. I got this tingling feeling when she revealed her secret to the escort, because he was about to have sex with her. Good to see that Nick has smooth things with Kepplar, but is he ok with Catherine? Also, we see Grissom planning to send a letter to Sara about how he misses her and his hesitation makes CSI fans flustered. Kepplar ends the show when he imagine a young lady passed away and i'm wondering what significance does she play in his life. An okay episode, but nothing much happened.
  • The more reviews I do the less I like the summary section and on to my review...

I liked this episode I thought it was good. I admittedly missed Grissom the most in this one and I am so ready for him to be back. Anyway, I thought both of the cases were interesting they weren't dull or anything. I liked the set for the "host" place with the girls below and the guys upstairs it was a very nice set or location if they used a location. The lady should have just been up front with Jesse or at least found a different way to have a relationship with him and tell him that she is his mother. Seeing Keppler in Grissom's office I was all like umm...what are you doing in there? I liked that Sara came the conversation was...well I don't know what to call it. It was good that she stuck around until he left. I don't really trust the guy too much. I thought Nick for being as upset as he was last episode got over it rather quickly. It was like the deception never even happened last week. I liked the office setting they had for Grissom when he was writing the letter to Sara. Though I am still trying to figure out why he stopped writing in the middle of the address on the envelope. I got that some of the letter was in reference to their departure of his sabbatical from Leaving Las Vegas. I am so extremely excited that Grissom is coming back next week. Okay, that's it until next week.
  • That moment when Grissom was writing the letter there was a song taken from 'The Hours'. I just can say it's unoriginal.

I found it a little bit silly. What the heck? Is Grissom the next Virginia Wolf? Where is the connection? For everyone, Virginia Wolf was a writer who committed a suicide. In 'The Hours' this song was played when Virginia Wolf was writing her good bye letter to her family. I just can't see what Grissom has in common with her. As far as I know he is a full time cast member of CSI?!

And the episode... Well, nothing really happened. Sara put that gift from Grissom into the aquarium probably waiting that this thing will grow up. Nick worked on a case with Kepler. Catherine was a boss.
  • Not a bad episode, but more filler. Sad ending for the poor male escort.

Definitely not a bad episode. I liked the start of the show when nick asks 'You know what Grissom would say here!?', and Dave said 'Probably something ironic'. Which alludes to Grissom's one liners before the opening credits. Very funny.

And it looks like Nick is not mad with Keppler for the previous episode anymore. Maybe he's just mad with Catherine.

After the conversation between sara and the male escort, I was wondering if the writers were trying to hint at the possible future for Sara and Grissom. Just a tiny bit. Maybe not. I am really looking forward to Grissom's return. Just not the same.
  • Please bring Grissom back asap!

7.1
    Again I am dying like all other people that are
    CSI fans that really want to see Grissom back and
    He comes back finally as I have been missing him but
    Keppler will be going and that I am glad. He really
    Rubbed people the wrong way. He and Nick didn't have a Problem working together but that was on the outside despite
    How Nick maybe fuming on the inside. Well Grissom is back
    And that is all I care about!
  • Bones, and tissue, and male "hosts" - oh my! Grissom's writing letters, but not sending them, and we don't know why. Maybe we'll figure it out before the hatching of the butterfly?

Last week I was too involved in the “mutiny” of the CSIs to notice Grissom was gone – this week I miss him. Sigh. But wait, look! There’s Grissom and he’s writing a letter to Sara and it sounds deep and emotional and then he places it in the envelope he starts to address it and - he stops. Why? Not sure where to send the letter? Not sure where Sara is living? What is going on? (a side note – how cute that Sara placed her chrysalis in an atrium – and why does CSI make me use big words like “chrysalis” and “atrium”?)

Ok, yeah, there were a couple of cases going on too. First we got Keppler and Nick investigating the theft of bones and tissue. Ewww. I have a tough stomach, but even I had to put down my dinner for this one. Just the thought, of someone placing an umbrella inside the body of my deceased loved one – ick. I hope Nick finds something on the man in charge of the tissue facility. I loved that they used the document machine with the magnets and the iron filings that show impressions in paper. I want one of those. I don’t know what I would do with it – but it looks cool. Then we had Sara & Warrick and the case of the male relationship host (BTW I’d almost consider paying for that, but I have no money, so I’d end up being jealous of those that had more time with my host and I might want to get into a cat fight with them ;) ) I felt for Sara – I mean this had to bring up issues about her past. Let alone the fact that Keppler is poking around Grissom’s office again. And they panned the camera over to the unopened box again. And Jeses was flirting with her and talking about relationships. I mean Jesse was a foster child just like she was – well not just like she was – at least I hope Sara didn’t get involved in drugs and prostitution. But really – what kind of person would hire a private investigator to find the child they gave up for adoption and then pretend to have a “relationship” with that child – an almost sexual relationship – just to get closer to them? It sounded like some sort of messed up reversed Oedipal complex.

Previews for next week look interesting – looks like Keppler is one messed up dude. Let alone the picture of the girl he kept looking at, the way the corpse turned into the girl, and the whispered voice. It’s all creepy. I can’t wait until Grissom gets back.
  • Unanswered questions

I just miss Grissom a little and the show doesn't seem to be the same without him.
    There is this secret that we are in on, Grissom and Sara have a "relationship" and I've been waiting for GSR to finally kick in, but it's like we're only allowed to see it from a superficial POV. We're not allowed to get close and see them together. It's not like Grey's, there's a show where the viewer is left somewhat satisfied, the questions are answered, there is something new and interesting going on in the characters lives and we get front row seats to see how they deal with everything. The total opposite of CSI. And here I was wondering why there were so many good things being said about Grey's. Now I know why.
    So he blurts out that he will miss her after 7 years, now we see him writing a letter to her, we have no idea why and even though there is a Shakespeare sonnet written to some extent he shows his feelings in that letter, but does it ever get sent? Was this a flashback or was this currently happening? So many unanswered questions and I'm sick of them. Warrick's relationship ended, no one had a clue how and why that happened. So far, this whole Keppler story, even though I like Liev Shreiber, his character has me clueless. I'm not satisfied as a viewer of this show anymore. It's not about the characters anymore and if we can't relate to the characters are we supposed to relate to the cases?? I've been a big fan (Have 5 seasons on dvds and have watched many times) and the writers have always been throwing clues in with GSR, whilst all the others on the show are in some sort of a standstill... but enough already. Go ahead... Disagree.
  • Nick and Keppler dig for the truth, Sara flirts for it. Grissom makes a very special appearance.

Oh, Wow. Okay I'll start with the cases. Nick and Keppler seem to be getting along okay. I guess he wasn't too mad at him for the whole "reverse forensics" idea. I guess it was more about Catherine. This case was interesting, and creepy. To think, you get some kind of replacement surgery, and find out that you were given tainted body parts. Eww. I have to say that I preferred Sara's case. How many people from Nip/tuck have been on this show now? At least two. What with Kimber last year, and now Matty. I may have been a wee bit distracted, so that I didn't immediately guess that the "relationship" guy was the dead woman's son. I liked Sara's interaction with him. The conclusion was really sad. I really felt sorry for the guy. Though I have to say, that whole relationship business they were going on about is a bunch of bunk. The strippers insistence that she and Jesse were engaged, just goes to show how wrong it is. He had no real feelings for these women, but the woman thought that he loved them. Sara knows what a real relationship is like, and I wish she'd set him straight. And that brings me to the most fabulous part of the show. The Grissom flash back. Keppler showed some nerve going into Grissoms' office like that. But at least it led to the reveal that Sara put the cocoon in a terrarium in his office. Which, I totally called. Okay, I have to go back and freeze frame the letter, but my heart was pounding through that entire scene. Can't wait for next week. Grissom's back!