CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Nesting Dolls

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 03, 2005 on CBS

• Total Classic

The scene where Sara tells Ecklie that he only runs the lab because Grissom doesn't kiss butt was so perfect. Again, the more I think about it, the more I realize that my favorite scenes inevitably include Jorja Fox. She's just great. And the whole scene where we find out about her family life. I remember the night I first saw it. I was stunned that CSI would get so personal but I was happily stunned. The dynamic between Fox and Petersen just blows me away. Fox especially managed to convey about 50 different emotions in one scene. Frustration with Grissom's lack of ability to act on his feelings, blatant honesty, resignation, childlike need for comfort and re-assurance and of course, flat out, heart-wrenching grief. "Do you think there's a murder gene?" Love that line? She's just raw there and vulnerable in a way we rarely see from Sara. I adore her as an actress and then the scene at the end re-inforces why I think Marg Helgenberger is fantastic. The look on her face when she says to Grissom "what action are you taking?" and Petersen's retort "I've already taken it" is why I watch this show. Fine acting and a true investment in the characters though we get to see so little of their personal feelings. That's why this is a classic ep. I also consider this the turning point for Sara. I felt as if she knew Grissom put himself on the line for her and either that was enough to prove once and for all his feelings for her or b) she simply cares about him and respects him too much to let him down, but her character gets more centered and stronger after this. I just love the whole GSR. It's well written. I always felt as if Sara was like a flower needing some sun and always leaning toward Grissom for that sun and in this ep she got the reinforcement she was needing. I also liked Greg and Cat's scene where Greg is saying how Sara always helps everyone out. I also adore Greg. He's one of my favorite parts of CSI. Loved this ep. Oh and another great line. Sara telling Ecklie "No I'm not..." when Ecklie tells her she's going to apologize to Catherine. If words could kill Ecklie would have keeled over.
CLOO