CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Play Dead

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 31, 2012 on CBS

• The CSI's investigate the murders of a police officer and a scumbag divorce attorney.

I try to stay unbiased when I post my reviews. However, being a dog lover all of my life (and having a great respect for police dogs as well), it was hard to do so this time around. "Play Dead" is the best episode of the season so far. George Eads gives his best performance since the excellent two-part season five finale. What made the episode work was avoiding the "Turner & Hooch" like formula plot device by having Stokes and Sam the Police Dog start off as friends instead of hating each other at first and then loving each other at the end. Seeing man and beast work together to catch Sam's former partner's killer was a real treat. I actually found myself worrying for Sam after I learned he had been shot. I almost cheered after I saw he survived (That's going to cost me.). The secondary storyline worked well also. However, for me at least, it was a bit overshadowed by the primary storyline. "CSI" can still deliver after more then a decade. It still remains the best crime drama on television.