CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Post Mortem

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2006 on CBS

• Hard times for Greg as he comes to terms with Demitrius James' death.

Despite the very excellent miniture killer story line in this episode, for me it was really all about Greg.

Greg has always been my favourite character. This season has seen him grow from goofy kid to hard working CSI. Unfortunatly, he's learned some very hard lessons in the process and this episode is the accumilation of that.

The treatment of Greg by the judge, jurors and the James family only serves to add to the guilt he is clearly already feeling. His words to Sophia, "I just want to be able to sleep again" indicate the high price he has paid for saving the life of Stanley Tanner; a price she is quick to remind him of. Despite the verdict of justifiable, it is easy to see that Greg is still troubled. His ordeal is not over when he is served with a civil suit at the end of the episode.

Eric Szmanda shines in this episode. He is an actor who has persitantly been cast as the comic relief over the past 6 seasons, leaving the grittier storylines to other cast members. However, he has proven himself to be every bit as good in the dramtic sphere as this storyline proves and I sincerely hope the writers of CSI further allow him to grow.