CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Post Mortem

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2006 on CBS

• Great episode!

The show revealed Miniature Killer victim #2 to be an elderly woman, suffering from cancer. There seem to exist no real ties, with the exception of a mysterious cell phone number, between both victims. The suspense continues to build revolving around this meticulous murderer.
    The episode also dealt with the death of D. James. During the "circus," a jury of sorts listened to the hysterics of a grieving family (in denial about their son's actions) and to the science of the CSIs. The jury found DJ's death to be excusable. While the lawyer had hoped for justifiable, apparently meaning that the action of running over the victim was the only option, they opted for excusable, saying that Greg Sanders committed a lawful act without the intention to kill. Greg said that the result was probably right and I would have to agree. I didn't like the accusatory tone that the characters took against him in the storyline. It's like everyone forgot that this victim was part of a murderous teenage mob. While you shouldn't put the victim on trial, that should still be emphasized...tough to do when you have a grieving mother and a judge seeking an elected position. Like I tell my students, the winner in the courtroom is the person who can "razzle dazzle" their way through. Having said this, though, Greg did have other options. He could have easily have gone one way as the other. So, good solid episode that added to the storyline and provided Greg Sanders with more air time.