CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

CBS (ended 2015)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Fan Reviews page 6 of 34

• All I can say about this episode is I was flabbergasted what an excellent epiusode.

This surely must be one of the most scariest and creepiest Serial killers that the CSI have had to deal with this guy Is a really good actor this is the first CSI when watching The program that has made me feel sick, the things that He did in the past. I hope Grissom comes out alive From this two-parter I hate it when they start killing of the Maine people in the cast, William Peterson will be mist Sad to see him leave, but hopefully he will come back Now and again in some of the other episodes later on In guest aperients.
  • The team is working on the case of a victim. Meanwhile, Everybody is still in suspense about whether or not Grissom is definitely leaving. Guest Laurence Fishburne.

In part one of the two-part episode that will hand off the reins of power at the Las Vegas crime lab from Gil Grissom to Raymond Langston, CSI spent as much time breaking the news about Gil's exit as it did lay the groundwork for Langston's entrance. Speaking of entrances, Laurence Fishburne was given quite the platform, appearing in shadow until the light clicked on and he was revealed. It'll be interesting to see if Petersen's last scene will replicate Frank Sinatra vanishing into distant spotlights, singing "Excuse me while I disappear." Considering the Vegas connection, I think that would be a perfect way for him to go.

But not just yet. First there's this very complicated, very gruesome case that's still unresolved. The Dick and Jane Killer, a guy who murders couples, seems to have a copy cat on the loose because the confessed serial killer, Haskell, is already behind bars. Brass and Grissom learned that Langston was using Haskell -- via remote feed -- as part of his classwork at the University. Without telling the prof, Grissom got into the lecture hall in order to question Haskell. It seemed like an oblique way to get Langston and Grissom to work together -- they eschewed the direct approach -- but it did immediately create a schism between Brass and Langston, something to be played out when Langston takes Grissom's place at CSI.

Because this was a two-parter, we're left on edge about creepy Haskell -- a good turn by Bill Irwin. With those engineer glasses, he kind of looked like Noah Bennett on Heroes. But if a prisoner is in keep-away, as Gil points out, why was he allowed an unsupervised phone call to Langston to taunt him and tip the authorities off about the ninth D&J kill? Still, Irwin scared me as Haskell, so he definitely did his job well.

Interestingly, for me the best part of the show was how oblivious Grissom was to the way his abrupt news flash about leaving CSI is affecting the team. He seemed genuinely stunned by the tears in assistant M.E. David's eyes when Gil said he would miss him and not the work. Like the bugs and insects he studies, Gil is still in the cocoon emotionally. For a student of behavior, he should know that some reactions -- like Hodges being hurt that he was not personally informed by Gil -- were predictable. The coolest (as in wise and aware, not reserved and uncaring) reaction was probably Catherine's. She anticipated it, perhaps based on the conversation at the end of the last show about Grissom upping the ante. My favorite exchange was Brass and Grissom's, suggesting that they'll stay in touch and perhaps go out on the boat and celebrate July 4th together. Gil's response, "You have a boat?" was priceless. It was so obvious they never socialized before and likely never would in the future. Their relationship -- and friendship -- was all about the office. Better than Michael and Toby on The Office, but not by much.

As for Fishburne's character, it's too soon to tell. He only met with Grissom and Brass and only on his own turf. He came off as authoritative and imposing, but also intelligent and observant. He also was pretty obvious when dealing with Haskell, like putting him on hold to conference Gil in on the phone conversation. That could have been done in a more stealth-like fashion. I suspect Part Two will have more opportunities for Nick, Catherine and the others to meet/clash with Langston.
  • And we meet Raymond Langston!.... And I love him!

This episode kept my eyes on the TV for the whole hour. They made this serial killer feel real, he has the face of evil and when he spoke he just made you shake in fear. He had to be the wierdest person on this planet. Hearing him tell everyone how he choose his victims and what he did and how he did it. He was just plain freaky! I think that I'm going to love the newest addition to the CSI family. Dr. Raymond Langston seems interesting, and dark. We find out in this episode that Gil Grissom is going to leave and the team is so surprised that i swore the actors didn't even know that was going to happen. I love this episode and can't wait to see the second part. I was so mad that they left it like that. When I saw the blue letters "To Be Continued" I was going to get on a plane and go kill the writers. I wanted to know! I guess I'm going to need to wait!
  • very good

Last year, Law & Order franchise operator Dick Wolf made his smartest move in ages by promoting Sam Waterston's Jack McCoy to district attorney. And now, instead of relegating him to a few token wise-papa scenes (à la such predecessors as Steven Hill and Fred Thompson), Wolf has put snappin' Jack at the center of some of the best episodes of the immortal series' 19th season.

Riding herd over a couple of stubborn young bucks - assistant DAs Mike Cutter (sourpuss Linus Roache) and Connie Rubirosa (glamour-puss Alana De La Garza) - McCoy argues, bellows orders, and croaks with outrage when his charges disobey his legal advice. In the season premiere, a macho snit erupted when McCoy overrode Cutter to use a Bush-era terrorism law to go after a bunch of
 amateur street fighters for murder. A week later, scorning one of Cutter's prosecution arguments, McCoy growled, ''You're screwed,'' with tart, barely disguised pleasure. And
in the Nov. 19 episode, Rubirosa pointed out to Cutter that in trying to save guest star Jena Malone from being returned to a group of fundamentalist Mormons who'd impregnated her character at age 16, ''you're doing exactly what Jack told you not to.'' And Cutter just nodded with grim glee.

What's going on here is a nicely overstated case of oedipal conflict. McCoy sees in Cutter his younger, more impetuous self, while
 Cutter sees an aging father figure he wants to vanquish by proving he's smarter and more daring than the old coot. It makes for some superfine debates over points of law that also carry personal, emotional weight for the protagonists, an approach the Law & Order mothership has rarely taken over the years.

As for Order's current lawmen, Anthony Anderson's Det. Kevin Bernard and Jeremy Sisto's Det. Cyrus Lupo sport identical beards and similarly dour, dogged approaches to criminal apprehension. Both are good actors, but their characters are kinda dull. Oh, for the days of Chris Noth's hothead Mike Logan and Jerry Orbach's dry wit Lennie Briscoe!

By contrast, Roache thumbs through law books as though Cutter were searching for a precedent-setting breakthrough every time out. De La Garza is, per the show's distaff tradition, obliged to have Rubirosa scissor her legs around the DA's office. But unlike past office trinkets like Angie Harmon (1998–2001) or Elisabeth Röhm (2001–2005), De La Garza also draws your attention to her sarcastically raised eyebrow when she looks at the clashing McCoy and Cutter as if to say, ''Boys, boys - is that a legal brief in your briefs, or are you just glad to see each other?'' B+
  • CSI is a cutting edge show which uses modern technology to solve crimes.

I absolutely love this show. It has always been my personal favorite. I love the stories, the lines and most of all the cast. It is hard for me to choose my favorite CSI because I love them all! I've been watching this show since the beginning and it has evolved so much since then into an even greater show. It's going to be so hard for me to find another show to watch after CSI goes off the air. Unfortunately, this show added a new character Riley Adams who I don't like too much. I think they should've kept the team the same and just added Laurence Fishburne. It's going to be so sad when Grissom leaves. I cried when they killed Warrick off and now we're losing Grissom too. Hopefully, William Petersen will make regular guest appearances because it's going to be hard to watch this without him. Anyway, I've always loved this show and I think it will do well in the coming years.
  • A show that substitutes flash for intelligence.

This show is provides very slick effects and has a beautiful presentation, but the stories are often insultingly ridiculous. The X-Files was more believable. I watched the show about 10 times to give it a fair chance. Here were a few of the story lines:
    - A bounty hunter doesn't want to be viewed as a sissy for killing himself, so he ties balloons to his gun, shoots himself, and the gun floats away.
    - One street drag racer wants another dead, and so while they are racing at 100+ mph speeds, he shoots the other - with a handgun - in the head.
    - Teenagers play a game in which they put an automatic machine gun on a bamboo rod and spin the gun around shooting the entire time while they all stand in the room. This was my favorite because the CSI team can find evidence anywhere, but they can't find fingerprints on a bamboo pole.

My final opinion is because it was a really good idea, but they try to have three story lines in every show, and each one has to be convoluted, so there's no way to make that work for long. Let alone spawn mutliple spin-offs.
  • I love shows that keep you intrigued the whole time. CSI has done that since 2001. I classify this as a guilty pleasure because CSI not only has great storylines but also the hottest actors such as Eric Szmanda and George Eads.

I have been a fan of CSI since 2001. It was been and still is the best show. Great graphics, amazing beautiful actors ( Eric Szmanda and George Eads). Just great !!. The only time I was ever disappointed was in season 9 when Warrick was killed off. He was a great attribute to the show. I will miss him. Every show has had a great story along with a great ending leaving me shocked and sometimes breathless. I hope that CSI continues on as being one of the greatest shows of all time. Many credits to all the actors in the show and to the people who created it!!.
  • This show has everything I want in it. Drama, suspense, some casual interoffice politics, and great detective work. I think that everyone should watch this one. I'd love to meet everyone!

This show has everything I want in it. Drama, suspense, some casual interoffice politics, and great detective work. I think that everyone should watch this one. I'd love to meet everyone! The fact that they have such a diverse and talented cast is just amazing for a TV show. Their seasons just keep getting better and better. For my birthday, all the girls from Novel Adventures took me to the set of CSI and I got to have a little party on one of the sets it was so cool! Anyway, this show is the greatest and everyone should check it out.
  • Awesome!

When talking bout csi ad especially this las vegas one, words tend to fail me coz this is the utter definition of full optical satisfaction from the leisure of viewing TV. This show has never dissapointed me whatsoever be it a season finale be it a middle of the show episode or just some nondescript episode showing. It is always a blast and fully satisfying.Courtesy of Grissom and his crew, I tend to be cautious of things that I would otherwise brush aside and coz of that I tend to learn things that I would otherwise not know. At the end of the day, this is one of my top shows probably within the first three.
  • My favourite show of all time

CSI follows Gil Grissom and his fellow CSIs Catherine, Nick, Greg and the new girl Riley as they solve crimes in Las Vegas. The funny Captain Brass and Dr. Robbins and Hodges fill out the rest of the team. CSI has been on for nine seasons and is still going strong. It has cool technology but it also shows that you need to think every little detail through. The charactors are smart and cool. And the show is not all about their personal relationships. The show is always throwing out suprises. The cast seem to work well together and you can see the chemistry between them all. One of the best things about it is that you can always learn something new from it.
  • A double murder and a child gone missing makes for a great episode of CSI.

In this episode of CSI we can really see Grissom's emotional side as the whole team tries to find Park Band, the boy who went missing after a double murder took place.

Nick and Hodges scene was just fantastic, you can really tell that even though Hodges doesn't like being out in the field he's damn good at it.

After the boy is found, there's a startling revalation that I won't ruin for potential people who have yet to see this episode, and Grissom is at the boy's side personally. He does everything to protect the boy and after he makes the ``evil doctor`` go away, there's yet another revalation that is very unexpected.

This episode is very emotional and very powerful. I recommend CSI fans old or new to watch it.
  • Why spend over 8 years creating one of the best television ship, GSR, to have it torn away from us?

How did we come to all this? I'm appalled. Not so much at the Lady Heather arc, after all if there hadn't been GSR... In any case GSR exists, am I the only one who heard Grissom propose to Sara, or who saw him so clearly in love with her in that beautiful helicopter scene when Sara was hurt. It feels as if GSR fans have been taken for a ride and not in a right way. I've recently read an article in which the actress who plays Lady Heather was saying that she thought this episode was very moving,... I guess it must be... in an alternative lifestyle world in which crushing devoted fans is the norm. (sorry about the rant, GSRS tonight seriously vent...)
  • CSI : best show out there.

I started to watch CSI about 2 months ago. All i want for my birthday is all 8 seasons of it :). This show is incredible. It's realistic in its own, creative way, and is a guilty pleasure of mine. If I'm hanging out with my friends, and CSI is gone, I might fib and say I'm tired, I want to go to bed. So I head home, and run to the television as fast as possible. At sometimes, I feel stupid doing it, but then i realize that it's worth the running. Suspense, mystery, and intelligence, packed into a t.v. show. The American Dream, as I think. I can't help to wonder, though, if the t.v. is anything like the real thing? Whatever the matter, CSI is number one on my list, and nothing is bringing it down.
  • WHY???

Why did they move warrick out of the show, he was a very nice CSI, they way they pulled him out of the show was classic and showing his name in the starring list at the start of the first episode was a HUH.. and on the next episodes they just pull him out of the starring list :S

Any one saw that coming or know why did they pull him out of the show??

Anyway the show still rocks for me and i'll not stop watching it anyway. Just hope the crew get over his loss and start to give us more interesting episodes
  • Follows the lives of forensic team in Las Vegas doing the Grave yard shift solving murders among other crimes.

Set in Las Vegas Were Gil Grissom and his forensic team (Catherine Willows, Warrick Brown, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle and Greg) Work the grave yard shift solving murders in Las Vegas from Casino's to the vast Nevada desert and they learn the only thing you can believe is the evidence. They also work alongside Jim Brass a poilce officer who used to be the boss of the forensic team. Among Solving the cases you will see the forensic team working along side various members of differant police forces such as the FBI and proving Grave Yard shift are better than Day Shift.
  • back on track with fresh blood

Well, I did like the story with artist serial killer. Very good idea and it seems that storywirters have got some fresh concept for 9th season. I liked the dialogues in this episode, especially between Cath and Riley and Riley with Doc Robbins. This sense of humour brings back memories of first seasons of CSI. I love Cath's brilliant and sharp rapier-thrust.
    As for new characters... well. The shrink - interesting idea, I'm very curious about her storyline. And with her british accent, lovely.But Riley Adams, I'm confused, I was alredy flabbergasted seeing her in credits.The new one between the old crew!? oh c'mon... i rememberd Greg's character how long it took to see him with "the gang"-2 or 3 seasons i think. So, with Riley, it's ok for bringing the new one for Warrick's replacment but U have to deserve the respect of the crew to become one of them.Although i already liked her intelligence and sense of humour.
  • My compliments to the writers. I think writing is key to be #1 show in television. There is a new kid on the block, actually there are two kids on the block. And there is another preparing a departure.

Keeping my toughs on writing, it's amazing how we are hooked to this show week after week, season after season. Despite how we get attached to the characters, the plots are so well written that it doesn't matter who play them. I'm not quite sure if i will keep saying this when Grissom leaves!
    We have a serial killer, who kills and dumps the bodies in very unique way. As Gil said "It's so weird even for Vegas". The bodies are found in an active positions. It was so hilarious to see Gil giving David hard time because he didn't see the bodies when he first got to the crime scene.
    We are introduced to Riley Adams, Warrick's stand in guy. I have to tell you, she is a very interesting and fun character. She comes with this self confidence, even it's her first day at work, and she is aware of the terms of her position. The cool thing is she did interact, individually, with the whole team. And i did love her scenes with Catherine.
    I did miss Greg a little, he had so little time in this episode. Or at least seemed to me.
    On the other way, we have Dr. Patricia Alwick (played stunningly by Alex Kingston), an expert in grieve. The scene where she handed Greg a kleenex was so heartwarming.
    The way the show is portraying Gil Grissom struggle is the way to tell us, the end of the greatest character on television is so close.
  • CSI finally finds its old self back! 3 cases bring out different emotions from the team.

So glad to see the comeback of the CSI. The case with Catherine and Nick, I believe, reveals the fact that Catherine and Nick are sort of like being hypnotized by the job, trying to ignore the grief and pain of losing someone close. Grissom's case blows my mind... the victim and the killer's relationship is just a duplicate of him and Sara's. It makes him realizing the consequence of their unhealthy romantic relationship. And the case with Sara of course let her to understand the current status of her relationship with Grissom. All 3 cases carry different messages and in certain level reflect the emotions of the corresponding CSI's. That's what I expect after Warrick's death... That's classic!
  • crime scene crime scene ooh la la

i have been watching this show with my mom since the dawn of time and i love it..
    even though gersham sometimes gets on my nerve with his broodyness.. and his weird antics i love this show and the way its formulated..
    what i really love is how all of the characters have their own little stories that play out during the course of the show.. i think thats what really makes this show unique.. because its not just a bunch of characters running around solving crimes.. you actually get to really know the characters and all of their struggles they face .. not only at the crime scene but in their personal lives as well.
  • heart wrenching episode.

normally i watch Greys Anatomy and TIVO CSI, but because Warrick was leaving, i had to tune in. What a GREAT episode, great acting. i'm not a fan of Sara, but was glad to see her come back, she's definitely in love with Grisson :) Cant wait to see what Laurence Fishburne adds to the show. i hope they follow thru with the trial phase of this storyline. The acting was phenomenal, especially Marg helgenberger and William Peterson. I wish Gary Dourdan the very best in the future, as he is a terrific actor. and i might add... William Peterson PLEASE DONT LEAVE!
  • Cult, Murder, Suicide.

I agree with most of the posts on this episode, from the Wife of Warrick, and Nick's hesitation being underground....but the best line of that show, which noone mentioned, was Grissom's line at the end.......gave me chills...so true....

Abigail: You don't believe we're alone in the universe?
    Grissom: Abigail, I'm sure if there is something out there looking down on us from somewhere else in the universe...they're wise enough to stay away from us.

Wow....nice ending. Why cant these be under 100 words?? Don't we all love the short and sweet reviews that get right to the point? I most definitely do.
  • Heartbreaking!

Well worth the wait! I was surprised how quickly Warrick was out of the show - I thought his character would be fighting for his life in hospital. Short and sweet was his ending. I thought the grief of the team could have been expressed more but not enough time to fit everything in one episode. I'm sure we'll see more of this in the next few weeks. This episode really explored the depth of feeling Grissom had for Warrick and also for the rest of his team - his "family". Nice to see Sara back -the Sara/Grissom dynamic was always exciting and unpredictable. All in all a very tender, sad, painful and emotional episode that will certainly rate as one of my favourites. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
  • A show that is interesting. It keeps you wondering and trying to figure out what happened and why the whole way through, plus character interaction and back stories get more envolved each season.

Always been a favorite. Anxious to see hat Season 9 holds in store. Bringing Sara Sidle back can only be a good thing, but at the expense of Warrick Brown? I'm wondering how the team will be without him, being an important character. Then again I said that last year when we lost Sara. It turned out to be a great season and I really enjoyed it. I think the cast, the team, will pull together and it will be the best season ever. I am sorry and sad to see Gary Dourdin go. I am, however, very excited to the coveted Season Premier.
  • This used to be my all time favorite show. GSR changed all that.

I am seriously considering not watching this show anymore. The whole GSR stuff ruined the show for me. I was very happy when Sara left, but then to end the season in such a way left a very bad taste in my mouth. Why mess with such a perfect show? My advice, for what it's worth, forget the soap opera moments and get back to solving crimes and all will be wonderful again. I loved the camaraderie but I hate the mushy stuff. I'm no prude by any means, hey Lady Heather was a favorite character of mine. I found it difficult to believe Grissom would put his career in jeopardy like that. He would have, should have had Sara transfered to another team so that he would not be her boss as well as lover. I could never understand what he saw in her anyway. She never seemed like his type. I think TPTB bowed to pressure from a minority of fans who wanted GSR. The 2 never had any real chemistry on screen, not like he did with Lady Heather or Teri Miller. It's only my opinion, but I think CSI jumped the shark with the whole GSR stuff. Also it now looks like William Petersen may be leaving the show, so for me there is little reason to continue watching. I will give it a chance, it has been a top 10 show for me since it's first season and I would miss it, but only time will tell if I will stay the whole season.
  • i love it period.

i love csi.each season is great.its kind of sad though how some episodes are based on real events.jorja fox plays her role extremelly well.so do others but i love her.hurray for season 9.i dont care if "sara sidle" is there for one episode atleast she came back.
    if you go on youtube and search interviews for some of the cast members you'll understand better why in time "sara" had to leave at one point or another.
    i also saw some season 9 promos they seem pretty good.totally ca't wait till thursday,october 9th.8 full seasons of csi plus other versions says alot bout the creators of csi.they are truelly appreciated.
  • I can never get enough of this show! The cast is perfect together and Grissom could never be replaced!

This show is in the hearts of the world. There is not a person who can say they do not know what CSI is and what it is all about. We use CSI in our daily lives.....like parenting! :) Tell your kids you are CSI and know what they are doing or will find out! I am very impressed with the cast members of this show over the other CSI's. The others have great attributes but this "one and only" comes in a whole package. I paricularly like the episode that combines Las Vegas and Miami. It was very interesting! I believe if they replace Grissom, like they keep talking about, the number of viewers will stop watching. I have seen every episode and absolutely love this show.
  • This will be so wrong if you take the grissom away

I have watched csi since the start and with all the changes i don't feel the show will last. After sarah and then worrick and now you want to take away grissom this show is sure to bomb. Why would you want to change a good thing this show was great as it was. Now you are making it like the rest and it sucks. Why can't anyone leave good things alone.I will watch till grissom is gone and worricks killer is caught then i will nolonger watch. You took my best show away and it won't be the same. i'm sorry it came to this
  • a good show to watch.

i dont watch a lot of csi because there are a lot of spin offs and to much to keep up with- every now and again i watch an episode though and it is good to see how they track down the killer. i remember one where the crew found a body in the sewers of a nice neighbourhood and the raided another house to find loads of guns and bombs. the actors do a good job and the murderers arent always the obvious ones- which is what i like. i must admit though im not a die hard fan and can take or leave it
  • Brillant

oh my god i think i may actually cry what are we going to do without warrick? And with sara gone the team is getting smaller and smaller will the show actually be any good ??? this program would defiantely not be the same without grissom so if he leaves then i may not be able to watch it anymore. csi is not csi without this team. Is warrick definately dead?? and are sara and grissom actually going to get married or not? i really cant wait no longer for the next season my heart broke seeing warrick get shot at the end of the last season :(
  • a great story!

The show follows the cases of the Crime Scene Investigation division of the Las Vegas Police Department, usually referred to by officers as the "Las Vegas Crime Lab". Anthony E. Zuiker chose to set the series in Las Vegas because-as mentioned in the pilot -that city's crime lab is the second most active in the United States, after the Federal Bureau of Investigation lab in Quantico, Virginia.[12] The division solves crimes almost entirely through forensics evidence, which may or may not come to conclusion of a murder or accidental death. The bizarre conclusions of these cases often force one to question morals, beliefs and human nature in general.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10