CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

CBS (ended 2015)

neomichel

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Fan Reviews page 7 of 34

• One of the greatest investigator shows

CSI is one of the best investigator shows and it's alot of superior from the spin-offs.It's especially better because of the relationship between Sidle and Grissom,but i think the ratings are going to go down a little because almost all the original regulars are departuringbut it will alllways be popular with or without all the regulars.And Catherine,Nick and Brass are regulars and they'r still on CSI,at least they'r still here.And now a new superior who is still unknown will take over after Grissom and Lauren Lee Smith,Liz Vassey and David Berman are also joining the regulars. So i hope you enjoy CSI.
  • CSI? hmmm

7.3
    well me growing up i always wanted to watch disney channel and Nick but as i grew up and watched it more and a s i grew and matured i started to understabd and get it and liked it more but as a kid i thought it was just blah blah blah! lmao but i like it now im not crazy about it but i like it more than Law and Order or any other drama show on television im not a big drama television fan put it that way but yea over the years it has grown on me thats all i have to say for now
  • I love this show! I have the first 6 seasons on DVD and going to get all of them!!

I wish they would keep all the charaters. Like Sara and warrick. What are they thinking taking Warrick off???? I love my CSI guys! LOL. I have watched this show since the begining and will continue as long as its on and i am able. I have missed a few episodes but i find them on the net and watch them! I dont know what i would do on thursday nights if it ends! I got my ex boyfriend, his 2 kids, and almost all his friends hooked on this show! I think if i had to pick a new profession i would choose this field!
  • The first of the three CSI's, and for a long time my favorite CSI series.

I've watched this show from the beginning, and fell in love with it right away. I still haven't lost that feeling. This series is in one word just FABULOUS. All the characters are great and I love how they are all so well written and so well played by the actors. They do an amazing job. The storyline of this show episodes' always manage to catch my attention, because I find them all interesting. It is a big part of why I want to watch each episode, and most episodes multiple times. I think that almost all the cases are well written, so great job to the writers of this show. This used to be my favorite CSI out of the three of them, but for some reason not anymore. Now it CSI NY for me, why I don't know. What I do know is that I still love this show and want to watch each episode. Here's to many more seasons!
  • CSI, The Thursday Night Shark Jump

2.5
    I am sorry to say that my love affair with CSI has ended. With Sara, Warrick, and now Gil, leaving the show, it has lost its appeal to me. It began with the cockamamie storyline concerning Sara and Gil, but then both parties leaving the show, leaving their fans hanging. *sigh*

They had a good run, but the end is in sight.

I like Nick and Catherine, but I don't think that they will be enough to keep the show going. It just won't be the same without Grissom pulling the strings and tying it all together in the end.

Goodbye, CSI, I shall miss you. But at least I have the DVD's!!
  • A truly catching program.

I say this with every ounce of respect, this is the greatest investigation program on the air! This is actually my favorite show, and William Peterson, or Grissom, is my favorite actor. This show captures you and it keeps you interested in it throughout all of the episodes. I would say that if you get the opportunity to watch it, you should, and you would probably find yourself slowly being pulled in and becoming addicted to it.

The episodes also portray very great knowledge when it comes to science and forensics, I have written many stories where I have been able to make believable murder mysteries because of what I learned by watching this.

Of course I don't say this is a good substitute for education, I just believe it's a great show to watch and you can learn from it. It is also fun and intriguing, don't pass up the chance to see this!
  • CSI is a great show that can teach you alot of things that you can learn.

I love CSI. I can't wait till Jorja Fox comes back.It has great music. The characters all get along and work together to solve a case. Man I get freaked out when I see someones body cut open. Its nasty. I can't wait till season 9 premires. That will be great cause you will find out what happens. I will miss Warrick. The under sheriff is so stupid. I hope they catch him and put him away forever. I heard Sara will be there when she hears the news. I can't wait to see her.Everyone will be happy to see her too.
  • You will love following the investigation for every episode.

this show is amazing. i recommend everyone to watch it. Every episode is so real and you sit there asking yourself do people really die this way or do these crazy things? The show keeps you until the end to see the truth about how the person really died. The main characters have such chemistery together that they are like really close friends. But one thing im embarrassed to say is that i cant watch this in the dark because its too creepy sometime, i have to have the lights on. This show is amazing and has the coolest adventure that it takes you on to solve the investigation.
  • TV with style.

CSI is not only a great show, it's storyline about a world of murder, adultery, assault and other crimes really grab you. overtime you experience crime scenes and learn medical facts from killers or victim's deaths that are really fascinating, some of them I've never even heard of before:

for instance, in one of the episodes a girl who was raped helped the CSI people track down the man who assaulted her, but surprisingly when they did a test for evidence, he was proved innocent. However the girl was then murdered later on and they found evidence that it was the same man that the girl accused of raping her, and they found out that he was also the same person that raped her and couldn't have found that out before because he had a rare condition called Kimera, a disease from birth that caused the man to have two sets of DNA.

Or another disease thats genetic, that causes people to grow more body hair than a normal person so they look almost like werewolves or other furry animals; if you look at them, it's rather creepy and almost makes you cringe, and yet its really sad at the same time (at least for the people who have such a disease), especially if you've never heard of the condition before. You just become drawn to the whole concept and story of the show, the theme, just everything that's to do with CSI. it may be a show about crime, but the show is not a story of black and white, goods guys winning against bad guys, the characters in the show are imperfect like normal human beings, and sometimes they don't end up capturing victims without making their own mistakes with the crime scene, or worse, they don't even succeed in solving the case; and sometimes even the killers or assaulter's are complex people. which is sad, but realistic at the same time!

these eight major characters; six CSI investigators a cop and a doctor solve murder mysteries, and are hunting down criminals every day; but these people also have personalities and backgrounds of their own, and overtime you just become attached to them, no matter what character they are. However, (or at least according to all the episodes I've seen,) they don't really develop, as characters, nothing really changes in them (or at least so far), for instance: Grissom has always been a rather reserved isolated man who's almost never good with people, (except maybe once in awhile he socializes, or at least tries to) throughout the series, his only life is CSI, and even now, he's still somewhat the same distant unsocial person. and yet; at times, it is strongly hinted in the series that he has feelings for Sara; who is somewhat a lot like him.

friendships are once in awhile hinted in the show but hardly relationships, except maybe for Warrick who is married, and Katherine, who did go out with a guy, who is hardly well known, for some time in the show, until he cheats on her. But other than that, both are almost never apart of the show.

Overall though, I don't think there's any other crime show that I could like better!

If you are in to crime and mystery, than you will probably like CSI!
  • CSI is getting old. It's losing it's edge.

Thank goodness Sara is finally gone! The producers (or whoever is in charge) should be ashamed of themselves for "uglying" her up as bad as they did the last few seasons she was on. Sara started to get moody, surly and obnoxious. It was time for her to go. And I'm sorry, but "ICK" for putting her together with Grissom. He should have been with Lady Heather! She's more his type. This past season on CSI the writing wasn't as good as it has been. Although the "Miniature Killer" shows were pretty good. I feel that CSI is trying too hard to regain their edge from the first couple of seasons by bringing in younger/prettier cast members. I'll watch one more season before calling it quits. I hope they don't "jump the shark".
  • Has style *and* substance.

Balancing technical jargon, multiple cases, and eight leads effortlessly is makes CSI one of the slickest shows on TV. Perhaps the greatest strength of the show is it's ability to give character information on the fly. Actions define who a person is and we learn about the characters as they work cases. So, there are no special dramatic episodes of CSI where the cases take a back seat to the character's issue of the week. Through it all, the victims are never forgotten, the deceased or injured are shown in flashbacks or in subdued interviews. This is not true of all cop or investigation shows where the villain is more important than the victim. The show's shadowing and glitzy mix of color distinguish it from other shows and the editing keeps the shows exciting even when something is being dusted. William L. Petersen and Marg Helgenberger head the strong cast with Petersen the scientist with a heart and Helgenberger the heart with science. The two compliment each other very well and both exude a sex appeal that adds dimension. Who doesn't like the boyish, but determined George Eads, the geektastic Overall this is a technically superior show with an underrated blitz of humanity.

P.S. I don't believe that there is a better opening credit sequence for a current show. Images of the tools and methods to the CSI's madness with The Who's "Who Are You?" in the foreground. Classic.
  • It was very good for a long time until they started cutting off people. Hopefully without some it will improve.

It is a good thought-provoking show and will keep you guessing until the end of the episode. Gil Grissom is definitely the most interestting character on this show. without me, no show. But the other characters certainly add to the show. When they dig into a character's life though the show goes downhill fast. They should stay on track and think of new crimes instead of the charater's life. If you are lazy and don't think about shows, well you can be entertained by the lights of the T.V because this is a good thought-proking show that you can think about. As for me the best parts of the show are when there are serial killers.
  • Sadly, I've already had a funeral for my once-favorite show...

5.4
    A very dedicated GSR fan, I quit the show the moment that Sara left. Since then, I've only caught snippets and summaries of the show - just in case Sara might return - and have decided that after the close save last year after the deteriorating episodes the year before that, CSI has defininately taken a very sharp turn for the worse. I understand that real life intrudes upon fantasy - I am, of course, referring to Warick's departure - but it truely seems that after Jorja Fox left, a string was cut loose and now everything is falling apart. This is very depressing for me because I loved the show but...we'll always have the reruns!
  • Too many spin-offs? Respect the original

I actually started out with CSI:Miami and only really got into CSI begrudgingly as it is often shown before Miami on British TV (CSI Sundays on Five:US – god how I miss university!). But after watching a few shows, I soon discovered it was a great show. I've since gone off Miami (too cheesy and not enough about the crimes) but have become a huge fan of the Vegas show.

One of the many things I love about the show is how you can dip in and out of it; I find shows which blatantly attempt to hook me every week tiresome sometimes so it's great to have a show you can trust to just do its job of entertaining you for 40-odd minutes. Its formula is, yes highly unoriginal, but it never feels too generic or stale. That being said, I don't watch the two spin-offs so perhaps if I watched them all I might feel a little differently. It's great when they add those little cliffhangers every now and then because, as I said before they don't do it very often so it means they never overdo it. The Grave Danger two-parter, for example, was absolutely fantastic and really had me on the edge of my seat wondering if Nick would survive. And I actually had to not watch "Living Doll" when it first aired because I couldn't bear to see Sara maybe-dead-maybe-not until I could watch "Dead Doll" right afterwards and know for sure! For a show I watch mainly for the "who-dun-it" storylines it has done a great job of also making me care hugely for the characters. I also think it's a great credit to the show how they've been able to keep the same characters for so long; ok so we've recently lost Sara and now Warrick – I think after 8 seasons that's pretty acceptable. I think as long as the show doesn't lose Grissom it will continue to stay strong; because he is of course an absolute legend.

I really do hope it continues to stay fresh; as long as the writers can continue to create great new storylines this shouldn't be too hard. My only hope is that when it does finally end it will go out on top and in style – so perhaps two more seasons if that, more would be pushing it. Finally, CSI is a great, well-written show; it's fast-paced and formulaic (which isn't a bad thing). It never tries to waver too far from its roots as just a "who-dun-it" based show – as long as it stays that way I will be happy. I love the stories, I love the characters - I've said it before but I'll say it again - Grissom is a legend and finally….finally….the theme tune is AWESOME! (Respect The Who)
  • CSI is my favorite TV-show. Best Crime-Drama show.

CSI is for sure one of my favorite TV shows. It has everything and it truly does get better every season. The cast has amazing chemistry and they play the characters so well. Every episode is writen very well and have amazing plots and twists. And if you like Science, then you learn new stuff about Science and it's really interesting, too. CSI is for sure a TV show that could last a while and plus, it's a show that I won't stop watching. If you haven't seen CSI; then you should. You will get hooked and it's just that's good. Long live CSI.
  • Crime Scene Investigation... another show like many, but definitely more interesting.

Crime Scene Investigations, whose ninth season, yes... NINTH SEASON will start in late 2008 is basically a show about a few forensic scientists in Las Vegas. The basic premise is pretty much the same for CSI:NY and CSI:MIAMI. The scientists uncover evidence in all manner of cool and techy ways and solve the crime and save the day. And before you start judging the show without watching it first, I'll have you know that it doesn't get repetitive in the least... all episodes are unique and engaging to the end, and seriously, you can't hope for anything better than this. . .
  • Greg Sanders and his new BOOK!?

Its so cool he is writing a book!But you know if it is mentiond quite a few times........then I have learned that maybe there will be a story behind it??Idk...but also havent we learned that if you deal with the mob you might get a little something in return.?I hope he doesnt DIE OF COURSE!!!!!!WOW how terrible that would be!Anyways! ummmm but you think we might see some hot "Greggo" action?Warricks death might entise him to make a move....(hopefully no fireing action will occur)...but you never know with CSI: I mean was any body predicting Warricks death?I think NOT!Well maybe you were but you just must be phycic or something?Anyways I hope some action happens with our very own little "Greggo"
  • This show provides a look into the lives of a group of Crime Scene Investigators working for the LV PD. We see them investigate a range of different crimes ranging from robbery to murder. We also get to see the effects the case has on the team members.

In my opinion this is the best show out of the 3 CSIs. I enjoy ost aspects of this show. The characters are really interesting and I love the story lines and the special effects. Another one of my favourite aspects is that that they show you a little bit of the science that goes on at the lab and a little bit of the field work as well as a bit of the police work.
    This show has changed a lot since it's first season. The first season was a lot less high tech. In the currect seasont their equipement and labs are really high tech. Although these conditions are probably not realistic in a real crime lab it makes the show more interesting in the end.
    Another reason why I like this show is that I like trying to figure out the crime as the characters do. As they find more information it is fun to try and piece it together at home and see if you are right!
  • Great, but beaten by its siblings.

7.4
    I love CSI, but I've completely gone off it since the start of this season and CSI:MIAMI and CSI:NY have upstaged it by far. For example, CSI:NY has built up two fantastic and on-the-edge-of-your-seat storylines in a single season - all the while CSI has just been relatively boring! It's a disappointment to a fan, but I rated it as "Mildly Interesting" because it used to be brilliant. I very nearly stopped watching it when all that love stuff was going on between Grissom and Sarah as it was very boring and it got rid of all of the action that CSI once had. Don't stop watching the show, and I'm not one of those people who think that it should have ended seasons ago, but it's become worse during the course of this season.
  • I got shot by the Undersheriff...

Man this is why CSI is such a GREAT show!

So we knew Warrick was leaving... we knew that Undersheriff McKeen was a son of a gun... But we did NOT know he was crooked... Did we?

I have really like the Lou Gedda story arc... the writers took their time and developed a story that we cared about... they made us hate him... In the end they made us almost want Warrick to be guilty so we could congratulate him... That is GREAT story telling!

So Gil and the team uncover the truth, that Warrick was framed, and they all go for breakfast and as everyone is leaving I am having that sinking feeling I had during the final episode of the Sopranos...

Warrick gets in his car and I'm sure it's going to explode... Then the Undersheriff shows up and I'm like Oh, My, God...

Can't wait to see him get what's coming next season!
  • Loving it

CSI well what can I say, Along with it's sister shows *CSI NY & MIAMI* they are all great. Love the story lines and all the work that goes into these shows is just fab. Season 3 was my all time good to go. Gil and the gang have such a way with words its almost funny. Could watch it over and over again. The only downfall i have about any of these shows are the story lines in which they involve children *may not be real* but still a tender subject, After watching the episode when they find the baby in the garden killed by his brother was rather upsetting. But other than that THUMBS UP FROM ME
  • CSI is a show about solving murders, sometimes coldcases.

This is a great show. It can be a little gory sometimes but for the most it is real good. It focuses in a team of forensic investagators there careers along with there personal lives. In every episode they are solving either a murder or opening up a coldcase. There are also episodes that focus on a Charaters personal problem which I thinh adds to the show. My favorite Charater is Catherine and Sarah. Although last season the actress who played Sarah left the show which was sad, but at least Catherine is still on it. This a a good show for the most.
  • The original CSI, this is a great show that sticks to the science more than the spin-offs.

CSI: Las Vegas is a great original show that started the new surge in Forensic Science courses. As the original, it tends to focus on the science aspect of the show. Showing you not just the typical 'whodunnit' aproach, it also explains the how and why, making it stand out from other such 'cops and robber' shows. With a good but sadly diminishing cast, they insert just enough inter-character relationships to keep your interest in the character side of the show. However, with Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) gone, and Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan) about to go, they will struggle to find replacements that will keep up the standard previously shown.
  • I personally prefer LV over the other franchised versions. This show is absolutely brilliant. Each character adds their own touch to the show, by having different interests and personalities. I hope it never ends! PS. George Eads is delicio

I love the suspense in each episode! This show is a genius! For someone that barely watches TV, I make time for this show. They have wonderful stories for each episode, some stories may even linger on to more than one episode(those are def. my favs). The characters are fabulous, amd they make the show more enjoyable. Grissom the stone genuis, rarely shares his feelings but always finishes his job. Catherine the independant mom, reaches for help when necessary and cares alot for her daughter. Warrick the smart badboy, Very careful about details who has alot of knowledge and may get into trouble here and there. Nick the soft solver, I personally think he takes in a case with his heart and solves things with all his feelings put into it. I really don't know if I should start with Sara, since she's no longer with the show. Although, she's really missed by me =) I hope this review kind of gives you my view of this wonderful show!
  • best programme ever!!!!

CSI has got to be one of the best progs!!!! it is definatly my favourite. the way it shows you what happened, how, why, where, using forensics is great and interesting. this is why it is much better than other crime shows like it. The characters are also really great. my favourite has to be gill grissom. william petersen plays him very well. the character of grissom is excellent, he is a quiet, educated, very clever character, and also very sexy!!!!lol without him the show would not be as good. the stories and plots are also great, stories involving various members of the team are good now and again. Some episodes have very strange stories but are good and make it more interesting to watch, like the man who was found dead on a railway line who wore corsets, the one about transgenders and performing illegal operations, and also the one about the man who raped women but could not be caught at first because he had two differnt types of dna in his body. CSI is the best prog around and better than the other spin offs too.
  • A show that takes a different angle to the crime genre-- right up front with the technicians.

This show is similar to its precedents, 'Law and Order' and other crime series, in that it profiles the efforts of law enforcement to solve puzzling homicides. However, it added to the mixture a detailed look at the way forensic technicians gather and review evidence. Other shows may dwell on the aspects of the criminals' personalities which led them to their choices in life. 'CSI' lets us know about the nuts and bolts of the mystery-- the real dirt behind the actions involved. The characters are a variety from the serious to the dry. There are a few spin-offs, but the original series is still the one to watch.
  • Csi: Crime Scene Investigation, is the original of the three Csi's and by far the best.

Csi: Crime Scene Investigation, is set in Las Vegas Nevada. It follows the work lives of the night team of CSI's, and their Team leader Gil Grissom.

Since the original began there have been two spin-offs, but neither of these have come close to the original. The spin-offs are Csi: Miami and Csi: New York (NY). I think that this may be as the character do not seem to be as much developed, and the story lines first seem to happen in Las Vegas, and then in the two spin-offs. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy watching both of the spin offs, but they don't hold a candle to the original.

Perhaps why the original works for me is the cast. I love all of them. The personalities really seem to shine through and although the show is not based upon their lives entirely, I like how the show, shows part of their personal lives through their work.

Csi Opened with a bang! With one of the new members of the team, Holly Gribs, being shot and later dying. This really seemed to give the show something different, an edge. Through the past seven years and seven seasons, the show has gone from strength to strength. It has become world known and is always a cause for talk. It simply gives you an insight into forensics.

To summarize I find Csi: Crime Scene Investigation, to be one of the best shows, airing on TV today. It has everything you want in a TV show, action, great character and actors, brilliant and original story lines.

5 star!
  • I haven't watched any of the new ones, but i watch the older ones on Spike every night. I can't believe Sara (Jorja Fox) left the show. She was really my favorite character, her and Grissom.

I really love watching CSI. I always watch the old episodes. But I never get tired of watching them. I always forget to watch the new ones. Well, truly i don't know when or what channel they come on. But i'm not sure if I'd want to anyway. I would be too far behind on the characters, plus Sara Sidle wouldn't be there. I loved watching her and Grissom together. I don't see how anyone could think CSI could be "boring" or "pointless" I think it's very interesting and sometimes I can even learn stuff. Even my husband can't stand when I watch it for three hours every night on Spike. I even watched it when it fist came out and i was 11 or 12.
  • This is one of the best of the CSI shows. Grission don't play god like the others does. the only problem is that there seems to be Tension between the workers at time. They all want to be the top dog. When it come to women Grission need a lot of help

The shows at times leave a lot to be desired in police work. Like the case where the wife was having an affair and was killed falling out of a boat by accident, but the ex blond stripper told her husband and he killed her boyfriend and nothing happened to her. Her boss told her to not tell him, but she don't listen two well. Tonight the case was about a little girl that was found dead and they completely ruined the life of this guy who was registered sex offender just because she got on her high horse and let her feeling get in her way and cloud her judgment. They also got the mother of the little girled killed when she tripped over a lamp and it sounded like a gun shot and the police opened fire and shot her, she had done nothing wrong along with her husband, but the ex blond stripper didn't even get a talking too. I loved it when the first guy came up to her in the parking garage and she pulled her gun on him and was going to shoot him. I hope he does kill him self on her front lawn and then I want to see what happens then
  • One of the very few shows that I can get my family to watch with me ... that means it's really, really good.

When I started this review I didn't know what classification to chose, the show is a personal favorite, it's cutting edge, informative and absolutely fabulous ... but I personally think it was the beginning of the "more sophisticated" shows on TV. People now are attracted to the more scientific or complicated Sci-Fi approach than the average "cop show". In the 80's and early 90's it was all about private investigators, with shows like Magnum P.I, Remington Steele and Moonlighting, then cop shows prevailed for a while with the likes of Nash Bridges and the original Law & Order. Now it's time for more complex story lines and dialogues, even a romantic comedy like Grey's Anatomy is integrated into an intricate medical setting. So you see my point.

Anyhow, about the show itself, I think it's amazing. Great characters, a fine cast, good acting (except when it comes to Marg Helgenberger) and brilliant stories. The interaction between the characters looks a lot more professional than the other CSIs, which is why I appreciate the personal touches the writers add to CSI:NY.

Definatley one of my favorite shows, I love it. Hope it keeps going strong even after 8 seasons.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11