CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Oct 06, 2000 Between Seasons

Joker00303

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Fan Reviews (994)

• Darn English TV

0.0
    I haven't seen this yet could someone Please Please Please tell me if Nick live? I cannot watch it for ages yet someone help me out. I am only up to the episode before Weeping Willows. Even if you don't want to post it here please contact me through my email at
    tjwilson@hotmail.co.uk
  • What is this crap?

0.1
    This show is so bad. I watched one episode and it literaly lowered my IQ. I think I'll stick with shows that deserve to be #1 and are actually good. To many people watch this piece of crap, and not enough watch quality shows like Scrubs and Arrested Development. I would rather gouge out my own eyes before ever watching this steaming pile of monkey feces again.
  • Cast member quote, with a smirk: "You can put anything you want on TV, the grossest stuff imaginable, in the name of solving a crime."

0.1
    For voyeurs and those fixated on satisfying their own prurient interests. This type of programming demonstrates that everything else has been tried and we have come down to this. By the false impregnation of a feeling, given to the viewing audience, that they will actually be armchair crime solvers, and are actually one of those who has a duty to watch this crap so that they can help (from their living room) find, "The Ripper", the TV producers have a goldmine offering to the bored and ignorant, uneducated and slimy. TrailerPark inedible offal.
    The worst aspects of human behavior are gone over and over again, taking the innocence of the generally trusting public along. Blatant unwholesomeness is sold and peddled. The debasing acts of the depraved pass the censors because they lie to themselves, too. And then there is the money flowing in. Who could resist lying to themselves under those kinds of financial pressures? This is gross TV promoted with the most selfdeceptive cunningness ever seen. I guess if you are totally ignorant and have no education and have no power to eschew the obvious teasers of the reality-TV mentality in yourself, then you go with the arguments, never questioning why you feel dirty and violated after watching this sewage.
  • Get rid of these Crappy low budget actors -Ted Dansen and other crappy new actors! bring back original cast.

EsThis used to be my favourite show now, i don't like it and don't watch it anymore. Csi has gone downhill since signing Ted Dansen to it. Talk about crappy, low budget actor, washed up old D lister scabbing onto an already popular tv show -just so he can try recover his already,crappy, acting bringing this once great show and ruining it -by being In it! If replacement actors are needed-Why look 'in the toilet' for them?! Put them back and flush them already! Get rid of Ted Dansen and the other crappy little new support cast, they all suck! Loved the original cast. Better off getting: - new, fresh face, Good, normal every day actors -to earn their place on show -don't need any phoney over-rated washed up big name actors or skanky ones either! Rate: 0. Loved the Original cast tht made this show popular! Esp the character n actor for Grissom. The show has had a gradual n slow death since he left the show!
  • subliminal gun control on girls gone wilder

I can't believe that this show would, as part of the investigation of a mass shooting, have the main character (Ted) spout a bunch of BS about the AR15 that was used by the perp. as having a 700 round per minute rate of fire. I was an armorer in the Army and was trained on the repair of small arms before my 4 tours in Vietnam as an Infantryman were I carried an M 16 which is the full automatic version. The M16 in full auto has a cyclic rate of fire of 600 rounds per minute. Cyclic rate means that the weapon will take .17 sec to cycle through each chamber and fire sequence therefore given an unlimited supply of ammo to the receiver the rate would be @600 rpm. This rate does not take into consideration many factors, the most obvious being the time required to change magazines, and again this is a fully automatic weapon. The AR 15 is NOT. Ok, is just entertainment right. Funny how the basis of the show is facts and evidence but there were NO facts involved here. I think someone, writer, producer maybe the network has an agenda and it shows. Used to be one of my favorites. Won't watch it again.
  • A Once Stunning Show Is Now Nothing Short of Lame

The show has irrevocably hit abyss. Too bad for once a stunning show that had immensely creative and engaging storylines and an amazing old cast with tremendous chemistry.

I think Billy Petersen was acutely smart in jumping ship before it sank.

I agree with zydebogus that the acting nowadays is plain smug and the actors look tired and indifferent in most of the scenes (even Jorja and George look like they just wanna get over with their scenes and have lost that spark that once marked their characters). I quit watching the show consistently once Billy left and I sort of suspected it would go downhill. It's painful seeing this new cast, who lack any chemistry or acting skills whatsoever. Even the forensics looks over the top and contrived.

Rather than treating this show as a cash cow for paying the bills and keeping actors strung in their jobs, I think CBS should probably consider cutting its losses short and ending the show. I was once a huge CSI fan (particularly the pilot season despite the forensics then being relatively primitive).

They've stretched the show, and their writers' creativity, far too thin. In life, it's important to know when to quit.

By the way, what's with George's bearded look? I get the feeling they're trying to make him look more like Grissom and less like Nick.
  • CSI v Football

I would have no idea how to review it since here in St. Louis mo. the local carrier simple deletes it when ever the sunday night football that they carry runs over I guess that one way of dumping someones ratings huh
  • Dying a Slow Death

I had hopes for this season when I heard Mark Valley was added, but his appearance was ridiculously awkward and brief. The excessive characterization of isolationists as anti-government; preppers as radicals/fringe terrorists, and the overall redundant anti-gun agenda is hammered over and over. They also love characterizing former military as being violent once returning to society, pandering to those who wish to exacerbate fear over ptsd (a treatable, if not curable condition). The fake science has become obscenely obvious to the point the lab scenes are laughable. It is time for this one to end along with its political agenda.
  • What Happened To This Show?!?

Granted, I have never been what you would call a "fan" of CSI but several years ago I used to watch it fairly frequently (probably the first 5 seasons or so). After not seeing the show for so long, today I happened to catch a rerun from Season 13. I truly wished I hadn't watched. I was absolutely blown away. I can't believe it's still on the air. Big names like Danson & Shue can't begin to compensate for the horrid writing, lack of victim-character development and profoundly insulting bubble gum forensics. No doubt this show is being run & produced by 'intellects' in their 20's. It resembles nothing of the show it once was (which was never anything spectacular, mind you) and it serves as a painful reminder of how mindless our society has become. The Dumbing Down of America continues.
  • so old

please kill off sara sidle, cannot stand her.
  • LET IT GO

I can't believe that they are still trying to make this show a success. It never will be. Thought it was neat that Sarah and Grissome ended up on some secluded island doing private studies. Now Sarah is back for how long; was supposed to be only 10 episodes. Now Nick is just not appreciated. He should've been promoted years ago.

I know that most people like Ted Danson but he's just too serious for the show. The show has just become another soap opera. It was nice when a little bit of personal info leaked out during a case. Elizabeth Shue acts more like a cop than a lab rat.

The main complaint is that are we watching HAWAII FIVE 0 plots.

Let it go. The money wagon is over.
  • The new CSI:Crime Scene Investigation format is horrid and very annoying.

If CSI:Crime Scene Investigation continues with the format used for the 2/26/09 episode, they will lose me as a fan and as a watcher. That format simply drove me cracy and because it was so extremely annoying, I got nothing whatever out of the program and found it difficult to keep up with the plot(s). Please CBS and CSI -- go back to your regular format. While Lawrence Fishburn is OK, he is certainly not Grissom and I wish Grissom would come back, even if only as a guest. This show has been very successful -- please don't screw it up.
  • The worst epi ever!

Why?It was boring,too much Ray and not enough of the team that brought us here to this moment.Where was the team,the team that made us watch for the past 199 episode?If I were them I would have been insulted! It Stunk boys! I really don't think it had anything to do with the absence of Petersen,Dourdan or Fox (Who by the way was on CBS promoting the ER episode) but the lack of hte people who were still there.

So when does a CSI 1(Ray) boss around a CSI 3 (Greg) never should be the answer, but not last night.

I wish that CBS would listen to what the viewers want instead of pushing their own agenda (The Ray Langston Show), We want to keep watching but this was beyond bad and sorry,it was horrid.

Yeah,it was that bad.
  • Horrible science fiction in ghastly contrast.

The usual pc crap carefully crafted for Nancy Pelosi. Completely implausible. Token women, token blacks, 110 pound babes defeating 200 pound guys. Police officers with more expertise in neuro biology, histology, endocrinology, anatomy than all the professors of their respective fields. Come on! Reality, anyone? Same for all other CSI junk.

These depressed sissy boys and girlies drive me totally crazy. Instead of trying to induce Prozac intake to the audience by babbling about their findings in the atomic substructures in their evidence, they should do us all a favor and jump from their PD building.

Shame on Laurence Fishburne to join this crap.
  • Richard Speck

1.1
    To let everyone know, this is about the life of Richard Speck! CSI copied his life in this episode! No one needs to relive the story of Richard Speck. Next time if CSI is going to copy a murder, they should do it right and tell how the real story is. http://youtube.com/results?search_query=richard+speck&search=Search a show which follows a group of crime scene investigators, based in vegas.

CSI is truly a show worth watching, each episode is anew adventure, and even thought the episodes almost all have the exact same format, each one is original in it's own way, and keeps you watching.
  • Without Sara, this show sux.

1.5
    This show has been very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad since Sara left.
  • The worst Crime Drama next to Law & Order.

1.5
    I don't get it with people saying this is the best CSI and some saying this is the best show. Exactly what is makes this better then CSI: Miami? All the characters on this show look atleast 15 years older then the actors on CSI Miami. This show is way overatted; stick with the hottest show on telivision CSI: Miami.
  • Why people (inlcuding me) hate this show so much. Really it is bad people, wake up.

1.6
    I hate this show. It copied Law & Order, adding \"cutting edge tools\"-that exist in reality, yet take months to run. Anyone who has experience in the field of criminal justice realizes how stupid this show is: CSIs only examine physical evidence, they don\'t conduct investigations. CSIs are specialists in examining what crime scene data tells them, and I\'ll admit (even though the time frame the show provides is WAY off) this part of the show is entertaining. However, just by the CSIs doing anything outside of the lab or crime scene the show loses its grip on reality. Investigations are not done by one person, and it is just bad television that the producers thought so little of the audience to add a few police that do all of the detective work ( the CSIs should be left 100% out of it, they aren\'t trained for it). Every time a CSI talks to a witness or suspect I want to scream at the TV (one of my roomates loves the show- forcing me to watch it if I\'m at the house). I\'m suprised the CSIs aren\'t the prosecutors, judges and juries too since they do everything else on this show.

Aside from the lack of reality, there are so many shows that appeal to the viewer\'s intelligence than this. There is no character development or personal storyline that doesn\'t take place over the course of a season that a good show would cover in a single episode.

Whenever someone tells me they like this show its like them telling me \"I enjoy wasting my brain away, a single hour of crappy tv at a time.\" There are good shows on television, and we\'re so worried about being entertained we neglect that we could learn and care for characters as more than abstract unchanging (unhuman) beings. There are good things on TV, but a show that can have all its loose ends tidied in a single hour is NOT one of them.
  • Why so many haters?

@ danielbutler - Actors only say what the program writers tell them to say. They can't deviate from the script, so if you have a gripe about the show and complain to the producers.

@mturner - I would rather watch one hour of CSI the way it is, than read your long ramling idiotic ranting.
  • My career is tired, this show is tired, great, give me the gig.

I used to watch this sometimes, 10 years ago or so. Seemed even at that point everyone was smug in their formula and just going through the motions, banking on undiscerning viewers. Just checked out the latest episode, and, wow, what a poorly written, directed, and acted legacy piece of crap this is. What is Shue even doing here, and can't she manage any better acting than that.

Funny, their opening credits still flash to people who aren't in the show anymore, like, "ok, maybe they won't notice".

The show is tired, the cast is tired, the acting is smug and tired, they just don't care about their audience anymore and are banking on audience loyalty to pay the bills while they evidently cut corners on the creative end of the business Even the forensics is stupid.
  • shue sucks

Gawd whatever happened to this show???? Kill off shue's character already!
  • What happened?

The show used to be good. But now is really time to cancel it. Seems to me every show is the same. It has gotten very predictable and trying too hard. I do not miss the old characters. I wish everyone would get replaced! Something to get a fresh feel to it. The show has jumped the shark and I don't see how it can rise again. As good as the production is, it is just not worth it anymore.

• Used to be my favorite show. With Grissom gone its crap.

Who came up with the bright idea to get rid of Grissom. Didn't like the new guy in Matrix and I don't like him now. You would have been better off to just use the old actors even without Grissom the show would have been better than with the new guy.

Everytime I really start to get into a show you have to change it up and I know you need some fresh ideas but you really blew it this time. Not just the new guy but the stories are not even in the same league.

My kids could write a better story line. Come on guys... our government has gone to crap and now tv is too.

Shape up or we are going to fire the whole bunch.
  • You gotta be kidding!

This is a very disappointing 200th episode .... I mean I had expected more from this episode. The show just simply goes downhill from the time when Sarah left. First Sarah, next Warrick and I think the final straw is when Grissim left. The show just broke apart. If this is what the producers want for this show, I think they should just stop here and forget about season 10 (if there are plans for it). I was so bored to death throughout the whole 40 min or so of it. It's sad, cos it was one of the best series I had watch and I had followed it since day 1. I do hope it will get better the next episode.
  • Good if you have insomnia

Can someone please explain the reason this show is still around?? I'd say that the characters have the personalities of pet rocks but that's insulting to all the pet rocks of the world. I can't even watch two minutes of the mind numbingly boring characters before I want to go to sleep. The fact that even one person thinks CSI's sweep in to a crime scene, gather all the evidence, talk to all the witnesses, interrogate the suspects and are there when the crime is solved is totally insane. To all those out there who dream of getting a forensics degree and working crime scenes. Go ahead and join a police department. Most agencies use their own officers, some specifically trained as CSI's, to collect evidence. In most local departments there is no specific CSI unit and all officers can/do process scenes. Lab techs usually sit in, you guessed it, a lab. They usually end up testing drugs and blood samples all day long.
  • Based on one simple idea - a good marketing trick, this poor show manages to get very high ratings it does not deserve.

CSI and all its spin-offs feed on one simple marketing idea. It is the same idea that made "The Da Vinci's Code" such a bestseller - people watching it are under impression they learn valuable information and getting smarter.

If you make the audience feel smart - you will win the ratings. You will sell your product easily.

Once you look deeper into CSI though... ...deeper? there IS NO DEEPER. It is a very plain show, very simple, predictable and often plain untrue in regard to forensic science.

Not recommending it to anyone. Forced myself through 4 episodes and could not take more.
  • re-runs on Thurday nights?

2.3
    re-runs on Thurday nights? I am so confused on this one. Thought this was a new season. Can someone help me out. Where are the \"New\" season 2006 Episodes. You can not tell me, CSI watchers that on Thursday nights, you have not seen a re-run. Thought those were on the Spike Channel. When are new ones being aired? Thanks and I love the show. Just waiting for new ones.
  • CSI, The Thursday Night Shark Jump

2.5
    I am sorry to say that my love affair with CSI has ended. With Sara, Warrick, and now Gil, leaving the show, it has lost its appeal to me. It began with the cockamamie storyline concerning Sara and Gil, but then both parties leaving the show, leaving their fans hanging. *sigh*

They had a good run, but the end is in sight.

I like Nick and Catherine, but I don't think that they will be enough to keep the show going. It just won't be the same without Grissom pulling the strings and tying it all together in the end.

Goodbye, CSI, I shall miss you. But at least I have the DVD's!!
  • Insipid, unrealistic and yet another reason why Jerry Bruckheimer needs to get out of entertainment.

2.5
    This show is one of the worst ideas ever created. My wife studies forensics so as a result I know too much already. You can understand how frustrating it is to see some guy with a badge and a gun walk up to a suspect, flash said badge and say "Hi, I'm from the CRIME LAB and I have some questions!".

In the real world people who work in "the lab" don't really leave the lab - except to actually go the scene to pick up the occasional piece of evidence. DNA tests don't get solved in ten minutes. And, real crime scene investigators don't question witnesses - that's what DETECTIVES are for.

If you want to see how the process really works watch "Forensic Files" on CourTv. You'll see that the process tends to take months (if not years) to complete and that the conviction rate is rarely as high as it is on all of those crappy CSI shows.

-Ferret

...but, what do you expect from the corporation that cancels Jericho and leaves The Real World on the air?
  • Where is Nick, Sarah, and Greg?????????????????

Where is Nick and Sarah. Why is Drew an investigator(she is lousy), and Greg is back at the lab. The story lines are not about forensics instead all about personal dramas. The main original characters are been written out and replaced with new characters that are not making the show better. Instead people are turning channels. Wake up writers/producers your ruining a good show.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10