CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Oct 06, 2000 Between Seasons

Joker00303

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Fan Reviews (995)

• CSI is still going strong, and I see no decline in the near future. The characters are more developed, and the storylines are still intriguing. CSI has been my number one favourite show for a long time now.

I too have loved CSI from the start. It must be hard to keep the episodes fresh every week, but I think they manage. There have been a few duds, but every show has duds. I especially like how the characters develop over time, and I think that's what makes the original CSI stand out from the spinoffs. There are always some new things to learn, cool effects to marvel at, and some silly puns that make up Grissom's distinct character. I for one will keep watching for as long as CSI is on; I love this show.
  • CSI is by far the greatest show on tv!

CSI has great storylines and interesting characters. William Petersen is brilliant as Grissom. I don't see who else could bring this character to life.

It's a pleasure to watch (and rewatch... and rewacht on DVD!). From the very first episode I saw, I was hooked. I certainly hope they'll keep this up for a very long time.
  • After 11 years this show is starting to age. What was once a the best show on TV has just become another average cop show.

I reviewed the show last year and i thought it was still great. It still had it's original charm despite the lack of original characters. First of all i would like to say i am mainly going to be reviewing season 11 as this is where i think it all went wrong.

At the end of the season 10 i was still hooked, season 10 had been another great season a huge improvement over the second half of season 9. After the season 10 finale this all changed. The season 10 finale is the only time Nick fired his gun and the second time a CSI has fired their gun in 10 years.

Negative:

The start of season 11 was stupid, the funeral scene was good until the bomb. Nick shooting at 100 cops was unrealstic. Ray recovering from major surgery and still being an expert and taking to Nick was stupid, too many shootouts and action for one episode.

The rest of season 11 was filled with cases lacking in Forensics and overdoing it in terms of action. Almost every episode showed Nick with his gun unholstered or kicking in a door. There once was a time where the patrol officers would do that.

As for the forensics this show is becoming like CSI Miami, they get the answers fast and then take the suspect into custody.

The Haskell storyline has become frustrating and the entire back story centred on Ray yet again. The finale was stupid as we all new Ray murdered him.

Posiive:

Despite being the worst season of CSI yet it does have some positives. The return of Grissom and meeting Grissoms mother and ex lover was great nice to see the man himself after 2 1/2 years.

The sqweegel episode was great, it reminded me of the old CSI and i was interested throughout the episode. A kiss before frying was a good episode as it provided a story about Greg.

Summary:

Season 11 has been awful in comparision with old CSI, a lack of good forensics filled cases, the Haskell/Ray story and Nick shooting people or kicking down doors has left me thinking this show is going down the tubes. In conclusion the CSI writers need a good kick up the ass, bring back forensic filled cases and the original team.

• Even after 10 years still creative and brilliant

I have watched CSI from the day it started. Over the ten years the storylines have got better and the chemistry and likeability of the characters has gotten stronger for me. I have always been a fan of the level of science involved and it is not just an ordinary cop show. The cast is fantastic, i have always liked how the writers of CSI have managed to keep the chemistry between the characters going. They started out as a group of people we knew nothing about at the start of the first season and now for me they have almost become part of the family. I was upset when Sara left in season 8 and then Warrick was killed off. That upset me because 2 main characters were missing. I did not like the new CSI Riley Adams when she joined in early season 9 and i'm kind of glad she left. I was very upset when Grissom left however as William Peterson said in and interview, "I think a new character will keep the show fresh."

The storylines manages to keep me guessing until the end, the level of scientific detail is very good. The stories have been interesting and engaging and even in it's 10th season the rating are still as high as they've ever been. I like the addition of Ray Langston to the cast, although i will never like him as much as Grissom. Personally i think this show is one of the best crime drama's ever made and will continue to be until it is cancelled. CSI is my favourite out of all 3 because CSI miami is starting to get boring as there is not enough scientific detail anymore just Haratio weilding is shades and sig around.
  • Nothing beats CSI

CSI is a programme based upon reality, it shows different ways of how a culprit can be caught and how justice can be prevailed. I have watched this programme ever since it started and if it wasn't for the programme itself then i wouldn't of realised why these people do what they do. But yet so many people judge the actors in the programme, but its not the actors that make the programme its what they do to make it seem so real. Even if Gil Grissom, Catherine Willows, Jim Brass, Warrick Brown, Raymond Langston, Wendy Simms or Riley Adams are no longer in it it doesn't mean that the people in it now aren't just as dedicated to the work they do. People who judge others on the roles they have to play, are just disrespectful because the actors aren't the ones who make up the different ideas or decide how things are planned out and acted upon. I've always been fascinated by forensic science, so this was tailor-made for me! It's intelligent and literate, with intriguing stories and lots of cool crime-fighting toys. In addition to seeing all the cool ways the crime scene unit can place you at the scene and ultimately prove you did the crime, it has gallows humor/sarcasm and edge. To be quite honest I hope they don't cancel it.
  • CSI STILL CLEARING CASES

Man, I STILL love this show. I have watched since the very first episode aired. Waited on the edge of my seat for every episode. Have been a huge fan of forensic science ever since "Quincy " first ran on tv . The growth and fleshing out of the characters on CSI has been remarkable . I never thought the show would survive the loss of "Grissom", but , has thoroughly awakened my lagging interest after two miscast wannabes. The writers have provided a wide spectrum of new titillating episodes that keeps me waiting for Sunday evenings. Thanks immensely
  • You gotta be kidding!

This is a very disappointing 200th episode .... I mean I had expected more from this episode. The show just simply goes downhill from the time when Sarah left. First Sarah, next Warrick and I think the final straw is when Grissim left. The show just broke apart. If this is what the producers want for this show, I think they should just stop here and forget about season 10 (if there are plans for it). I was so bored to death throughout the whole 40 min or so of it. It's sad, cos it was one of the best series I had watch and I had followed it since day 1. I do hope it will get better the next episode.
  • CSI is still good

CSI wil never be as good as it used to be,the older episodes with grissom were addictive and every episode made you want to keep watching and the season finale(s) were always really great the best finales in TV history,most people say oh CSI sucks now grissom left and sarah left and warrick died and yah that does suck and now that Detective willows is leaving who knows were the show is going to go.
  • Crime Scene Investigation -- has to be one of the best Crime shows out there. It went through some changes but it's still great and at the top. And I still enjoy it.

Even though this show lost three of their main characters (and they happened to be my favorites) this show is still great. They still focus on the evidence and the forensics. And now they're starting to show more of the characters lives, which I love. I loved this show when I first started watching it 5 years ago and I still do. The way they explain the stories, the evidence, the forensics -- just everything about this show is still great and it just keeps getting better and better. I'll always be a fan, no matter if more characters leave or what. CSI is just a great, amazing show.
  • A team of CSIs investigate crimes, how fun could that be to watch? LOTS OF FUN! I know I'm weird...

The greatest CSI team consists of Catherine, Nick, Greg, David, Wendy, Archie, and Jim. Catherine has taken the place of Grissom who left sometime in season 9. I miss him. Oh, I can't forget! Sara has recently joined the CSI crew again temporarily. Anyway Nick... well he's the same as always. Greg is getting tired of being considered the kid with the spiky hair and loud music still, because of course he wants to be treated like a grown up (oh Greg, you'll always be thought of that way in our hearts no matter how old you get.) David and Wendy kind of have a thing going on. It's kind of confusing. Archie is still the computer geek, and good ol' Detective Jim Brass... I really don't have anything to say about him, but he is a good detective.
  • I miss Grissom big time!

Please bring Grissom back for a couple of episodes (like a two-parter). Have Catherine need to call him in for his bug expertise. Or better yet, have something happen to Sara and Catherine has to be the one to tell him. Either way, I need a Grissom fix! I think Fishburne's character is good, but I agree that he seems to be "overstepping" his place in the group with only being a level 2. I like how the "lab rats" are getting more air time since they are the ones who run the majority of the tests. All in all, I love this show and have watched it since the very begining.
  • This show has gone down hill since Sara left and Warrick was killed off. And the clincher was when Grissom left the show as well. I would rather watch CSI: Miami and CSI:NY now and hope you don't ruin those shows as well.

I used to love CSI and couldn't wait for Thursday night so I could watch the next episode but all of that changed. First of all after several seasons of Grissom resisting Sara they finally get together only to have Sara leave the show. Then you decided to kill off Warrick and to add insult to injury Grissom leaves the show. With three of the original main characters gone the show has gone down hill. Grissom was the anchor of the team and I couldn't wait to see what he would say or do next. Why didn't you get rid of Hodges instead? At first I was not to sure about the CSI:Miami spin off and then the CSI:NY spin off but now love those two shows as well. In fact I would rather watch Miami or NY now rather than the original CSI. That may change as well also if and when you renew them for next season and we see who does or does not survive. Needless to say I am disappointed with how CSI has turned out and hope you don't destroy Miami and NY as well.
  • Used to be my favorite show. With Grissom gone its crap.

Who came up with the bright idea to get rid of Grissom. Didn't like the new guy in Matrix and I don't like him now. You would have been better off to just use the old actors even without Grissom the show would have been better than with the new guy.

Everytime I really start to get into a show you have to change it up and I know you need some fresh ideas but you really blew it this time. Not just the new guy but the stories are not even in the same league.

My kids could write a better story line. Come on guys... our government has gone to crap and now tv is too.

Shape up or we are going to fire the whole bunch.
  • What Happened To This Show?!?

Granted, I have never been what you would call a "fan" of CSI but several years ago I used to watch it fairly frequently (probably the first 5 seasons or so). After not seeing the show for so long, today I happened to catch a rerun from Season 13. I truly wished I hadn't watched. I was absolutely blown away. I can't believe it's still on the air. Big names like Danson & Shue can't begin to compensate for the horrid writing, lack of victim-character development and profoundly insulting bubble gum forensics. No doubt this show is being run & produced by 'intellects' in their 20's. It resembles nothing of the show it once was (which was never anything spectacular, mind you) and it serves as a painful reminder of how mindless our society has become. The Dumbing Down of America continues.
  • The worst epi ever!

Why?It was boring,too much Ray and not enough of the team that brought us here to this moment.Where was the team,the team that made us watch for the past 199 episode?If I were them I would have been insulted! It Stunk boys! I really don't think it had anything to do with the absence of Petersen,Dourdan or Fox (Who by the way was on CBS promoting the ER episode) but the lack of hte people who were still there.

So when does a CSI 1(Ray) boss around a CSI 3 (Greg) never should be the answer, but not last night.

I wish that CBS would listen to what the viewers want instead of pushing their own agenda (The Ray Langston Show), We want to keep watching but this was beyond bad and sorry,it was horrid.

Yeah,it was that bad.
  • Still great!

Have watched every episode and is still the best tv show. Danson breaths new life into it as well!
  • The best show on TV!!!

CSI is the best show in the world that I have ever watched! It's an amazing show with all your drama, emotion, and excitement!!! This is a show that has great in all good ways possible in it's 10 years! Although we had seen some of our all time favorite characters leave or pass away, sun as Warrick, Sara and Grissom! The show still remains a 10 star rating for me and always will. All because of this show, and my all time favorite character, Grissom, I want to be a CSI! I know that what you see on TV isn't the same as in real-life, it sill inspired me to want to be one. I thank the show for that! CSI is a show that whoever wathes, whether you've been wathing since season 1 or just watched 1 episode, you will be hooked! And that's a fact!
  • CSI is crime/drama show that follows the cases of each murder investigation and explores the nature of the crime. The CSI's inspect the evidence and ultimately catch the killer or in some cases, do not.

This show has been my absolute favorite show ever. since it premiered in 2000. Now it is in its eleventh season and still standing strong, interesting and just amazing. I watch this show every Thursday on CBS and reruns on Spike and own half the dvds, only because they do not come cheap, or else I would have them all. I love this show and all the characters and story plots and I am sure millions of people will agree with me. If you do not like it, then you have some serious problems and cannot see a good thing when it is standing in front of you.
  • Slick, classy - the best!

My only regreat with this show is that, living in England, we have to wait before we can watch something that has been out in America for quite a while.

Consistently well plotted, acted, directed (well, just about everything!) it has transformed my viewing habits (along with CSI:Miami).

Long may it continue - marvellous tv
  • It's a intense and emotional show.

It's a intense and emotional show. The whole cast do a great job.The most difficult cases are shown here. The tension among the agents, the criminols and the lab staff is the target. Time is running and it's a justice matter. Grisson is funny, provocative and human. Great show! I used to say it is a top show, but this season it is different. I miss the presance of Grisson, so becaouse of that this season it takes an 8. They brougth sarah back but it's not the same... Laurense F... is a great actor but he just dont fit in the CSI show.
  • Love Ted Danson

I didn't expect to like Ted Danson in this show. I think of him as a funny guy and that seemed out of place. However, he's great! The new character is interesting. He has a normal family life and yet he is quirky and enjoys his job. I am enjoying the show again. Thanks!
  • I used to love this show. But it's not so great anymore.

I watched every single episode of CSI. But lately I find it more and more boring or irritating. I know that there are many people who will disagree with me but I think that Grissom leaving changed this show. Grissom was a character that never dominated. He was there but other characters had their screen time too. He was eccentric and wise but he also made Catherine, Nick and others think and do their best. They could shine.
    When Petersen left and we were introduced to Ray Langston I was hopeful. At first Ray seemed very ambitious and willing to learn. He was fun to watch. But soon writers forgot that he is a new character with little to no field experience and made him omniscient. That put me off. Almost every case the team is working on is solved by Ray even if he is lying in a hospital bed. Langston started to dominate the show and minimize other characters. I would like to see more of Nick, Catherine, Sara or Greg, see some development of them. The old chemistry - now forgotten. They have been CSIs for a long time, they can handle this job on their own. Another thing - CSI was always the most realistic one. When I wanted to see sharks in a swimming pool I switched to CSI:Miami. CSI's stories deteriorated and are getting a bit lame.
    This show still has a big potential. I hope it will get better.
  • *Sigh*

I use to LOVE this show. Now, not so much. Sorry.

Danson is fine, but the stories are unoriginal and the characters have become cliche. And it's struggling to stay relevant.

And it makes me sad, because it was once such a groundbreaking show with interesting stories and original characters.

I'll be sad when it ends, but I think it's time.
  • If you're an ex-fan and reading this, I tell you, CSI is still at its best! Come back and CSI has a lot more to offer for a lot more years!

After 10 years, CSI continues to bring interesting cases and amazing character development. I've been a fan of this show for 1 year and seen almost all the episodes from season 1 up to present. The show has tackled real and bizarre cases: from murders to suicides, from recklessness to mysterious medical conditions, from jealousy to greed, from human to non-humans. So how does CSI make it far if we're dealing with murders every week? It's the creativity and amazing twists in every episode that make fans love it.

Even a successful show like CSI has gone through a lot of changes and challenges. We've lost three major characters within two seasons. It's not easy to take but let's remember that in real life, people retire. Grissom for example. A lot of loyal fans stopped watching CSI when he left. But to tell you the truth, CSI is still great. Grissom and Warrick will always be a part of this show. I'm happy that at least Sara is back. CSI still has Cath, Nick, Greg, Brass, Doc Robbins and Ray with the lab techs Hodges, Mandy, Henry and Archie.
  • 10 years and this show is still standing strong.

I do not think that it should be considered unbelievable that CSI has remained as strong as it has over the years for one reason. Before designing their show, the producers devised a storyline that will never grow old or uninteresting no matter how many years pass. The good old use-science-to-bust-the-dirty-criminal gag will never fade because there will always be interesting criminals who committ a seemingly perfect murder. Therefore, there will always be a CSI unit of some sort to piece together who did the killing, why they did the killing, and to bring that killer to justice. It's a foolproof plan and it left only one problem: creating interesting characters to play the leads. The producers of CSI have definitely done that. From the emotionally complex Catherine Willows to the starkly sarcastic and brazen Jim Brass to the sometimes laughably claustrophobic Nick Stokes (Grave Danger parts 1 and 2 made my top ten list because I couldn't stop laughing at Nick's ridiculously fearful antics) the producers of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation have proven that they chose top men and women to carry the show. Though I cannot say that I have watched every episode of CSI, I can say that every one that I did watch was no less than a fun, entertaining (and sometimes somewhat disturbingly scary) ride and that I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • In the City of Las Vegas six crime scene investigators use science and intuition to solve murder, chaos, and mayhem.

This the show that I would kill to watch every week (and then maybe the CSI team would investigate the murder I committed and find the evidence that it would be completely justified). I love the music, the flashbacks to the crime that change as they discover more about the crime, the science scenes where we learn how to collect and analyze the evidence, and the interesting cases. I'm a big fan of the romance between Sara and Gil. I also love Greg - I mean what's not to love? He's cute, quirky, greeky, and fun. Nick is hot and Warrick has a sexy voice. I love how the writers focus on the cases and the science, but every once in a while throw in emotional issues and personal character development that makes you ask for more. This show is the number one scripted drama for so many reasons.
  • Quite possibly the best show ever!

I have been watching CSI since the beginning, and I have loved every minute of it. Each episode captures your attention and holds it throughout, while being both humorous and informative in addition to dramatic. I think that the cast is just perfect, as each actor/character compliments the next, making each episode flow smoothly. I have never seen a show I could say this many nice things about, and I hope CSI stays around for a very long time. This is quite possibly the best show ever made for television. (Although, I am not nearly as fond of the Miami and New York varieties).
  • Good Casting

The addition of Ted Danson has been the best decision since Gitssom left. He has added the interest with a touch of humor that was missing. Shows have to evolve and though I hated to see the character of Grisson leave, Danson is filling the spot uniquely and keeping the show interesting but not
  • warrick murdered

is it ever going to come out that the head man at csi killed warrick i WANT him found out anyone please let me know
  • The original...and much imitated through the years.

This is the show that was a virtual template for all the crime scene investigation dramas that came after during the past decade. The original. The best. The show that made state of the art forensics and excruciatingly detailed autopsies sexy. This show does almost as much for John Q Public's understanding of state of the art science and technology as some of the better episodes of PBS's NOVA. People who read my reviews on a regular basis know what a crime drama freak I am, and I think I can speak with a degree of authority when I say that this show completely re-wrote the book of standards for all the crime dramas that followed. Trail blazing television at it's best.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10