CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Oct 06, 2000 In Season

Joker00303

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Fan Reviews (990)

• Please Come Back

Many are complaining about the current low caliber of actors but the series went downhill for me when William Petersen left and was replaced by "Academy Award Winner" Laurence Fishburne. I haven't checked the credits to see if the writers have also changed but the current story lines are not as creative either. Neither Fishburne, Danson or the other replacements have any chemistry for me.
  • Why so many haters?

@ danielbutler - Actors only say what the program writers tell them to say. They can't deviate from the script, so if you have a gripe about the show and complain to the producers.

@mturner - I would rather watch one hour of CSI the way it is, than read your long ramling idiotic ranting.
  • Get rid of these Crappy low budget actors -Ted Dansen and other crappy new actors! bring back original cast.

EsThis used to be my favourite show now, i don't like it and don't watch it anymore. Csi has gone downhill since signing Ted Dansen to it. Talk about crappy, low budget actor, washed up old D lister scabbing onto an already popular tv show -just so he can try recover his already,crappy, acting bringing this once great show and ruining it -by being In it! If replacement actors are needed-Why look 'in the toilet' for them?! Put them back and flush them already! Get rid of Ted Dansen and the other crappy little new support cast, they all suck! Loved the original cast. Better off getting: - new, fresh face, Good, normal every day actors -to earn their place on show -don't need any phoney over-rated washed up big name actors or skanky ones either! Rate: 0. Loved the Original cast tht made this show popular! Esp the character n actor for Grissom. The show has had a gradual n slow death since he left the show!
  • subliminal gun control on girls gone wilder

I can't believe that this show would, as part of the investigation of a mass shooting, have the main character (Ted) spout a bunch of BS about the AR15 that was used by the perp. as having a 700 round per minute rate of fire. I was an armorer in the Army and was trained on the repair of small arms before my 4 tours in Vietnam as an Infantryman were I carried an M 16 which is the full automatic version. The M16 in full auto has a cyclic rate of fire of 600 rounds per minute. Cyclic rate means that the weapon will take .17 sec to cycle through each chamber and fire sequence therefore given an unlimited supply of ammo to the receiver the rate would be @600 rpm. This rate does not take into consideration many factors, the most obvious being the time required to change magazines, and again this is a fully automatic weapon. The AR 15 is NOT. Ok, is just entertainment right. Funny how the basis of the show is facts and evidence but there were NO facts involved here. I think someone, writer, producer maybe the network has an agenda and it shows. Used to be one of my favorites. Won't watch it again.
  • A Once Stunning Show Is Now Nothing Short of Lame

The show has irrevocably hit abyss. Too bad for once a stunning show that had immensely creative and engaging storylines and an amazing old cast with tremendous chemistry.

I think Billy Petersen was acutely smart in jumping ship before it sank.

I agree with zydebogus that the acting nowadays is plain smug and the actors look tired and indifferent in most of the scenes (even Jorja and George look like they just wanna get over with their scenes and have lost that spark that once marked their characters). I quit watching the show consistently once Billy left and I sort of suspected it would go downhill. It's painful seeing this new cast, who lack any chemistry or acting skills whatsoever. Even the forensics looks over the top and contrived.

Rather than treating this show as a cash cow for paying the bills and keeping actors strung in their jobs, I think CBS should probably consider cutting its losses short and ending the show. I was once a huge CSI fan (particularly the pilot season despite the forensics then being relatively primitive).

They've stretched the show, and their writers' creativity, far too thin. In life, it's important to know when to quit.

By the way, what's with George's bearded look? I get the feeling they're trying to make him look more like Grissom and less like Nick.
  • CSI v Football

I would have no idea how to review it since here in St. Louis mo. the local carrier simple deletes it when ever the sunday night football that they carry runs over I guess that one way of dumping someones ratings huh
  • Dying a Slow Death

I had hopes for this season when I heard Mark Valley was added, but his appearance was ridiculously awkward and brief. The excessive characterization of isolationists as anti-government; preppers as radicals/fringe terrorists, and the overall redundant anti-gun agenda is hammered over and over. They also love characterizing former military as being violent once returning to society, pandering to those who wish to exacerbate fear over ptsd (a treatable, if not curable condition). The fake science has become obscenely obvious to the point the lab scenes are laughable. It is time for this one to end along with its political agenda.
  • Bring back old cast too

3.5
    Have to agree with Justina, as each team member gets replaced it seems to make CSI more and more unbearable. Where once I couldn't wait for the next episode whilst avoiding all appointments, now, I would sooner watch paint dry and save downloaded episodes for times when there is really really nothing better on TV. Seems to be going the same way as NY & Miami. When Brass goes, nail in the coffin. Real Shame.
  • Sundays?

Any particular reason it's moved from it's regular Wednesday slot to Sundays?
  • Bring back old cast!

that is the only way you can save the got used to DB when catherine was around but and finn characters are dull sarah was always a bit annoying just bring back old characters or characters that can act and have good story!
  • I like CSI but....

5.5
    I still enjoy CSI, but since Catherine left it's felt like a different show altogether... I like all the cast members, but the focus has shifted too much to the new additions. I'm a little sick of DB, Morgan and Finn! I would like more back-story on the others.

• I miss Catherine a LOT!

I basically stopped watching after Marg left the show. May watch some reruns this Summer, in between taking care of my older Relative. Poor Catherine. A Stripper, bad Husband, loses her Dad, loses Warrick! Marg got started in the Soaps. I just wish Cat had found happiness, other than in solving her cases. I watched the NY Franchise and even Miami a little. Is CSI NY still on???
  • Matthew Davis

I really hope that matthew davis stays in csi i love him :):):)
  • image is lost

plz change the image of this season its of Lost
  • Love the show but hate certain characters

Please kill off "Finn" I cannot stand her when she first joined the show she seemed okay but

ever since the episode "Fallen Angels" aired I think she's a Monster for causing poor Eli to be taken away from Tina, that was a sick thing to do, and made me cry children must never be deprived of their parents unless the child is being physically abused by them. Tina wasn't doing anything like that. Sara Sidle should also be killed off as well I find her annoying. I wish the miniature killer Natalie Davis had succeeded with murdering Sara.
  • The thing is...

It's hard for me to get interested in this show anymore. Grissom leaving was one thing I could handle, sorta. But after Catherine left, I was pretty iffy about the show. And I have been since then.
  • Still love this show

I know a lot of changes has happened since the beginning, but if actors want to move on, let them move on, jeez!

I love that there are more personal story lines, it's one of the main reasons to really care about a show, I personally think. Season 13 wasn't as good as we're used to, but 14 has picked it up again. I'm happy that they tuned down Finn a bit, she was just to much in the beginning. Still interesting story lines, and I hope they make a lot of more seasons of this show!

Spoilers:

I also like morgan as an edit to the team, hope she and Hogdes finally get it going this season. I also like the swingshiftguy, hope he sticks around.
  • My career is tired, this show is tired, great, give me the gig.

I used to watch this sometimes, 10 years ago or so. Seemed even at that point everyone was smug in their formula and just going through the motions, banking on undiscerning viewers. Just checked out the latest episode, and, wow, what a poorly written, directed, and acted legacy piece of crap this is. What is Shue even doing here, and can't she manage any better acting than that.

Funny, their opening credits still flash to people who aren't in the show anymore, like, "ok, maybe they won't notice".

The show is tired, the cast is tired, the acting is smug and tired, they just don't care about their audience anymore and are banking on audience loyalty to pay the bills while they evidently cut corners on the creative end of the business Even the forensics is stupid.
  • What Happened To This Show?!?

Granted, I have never been what you would call a "fan" of CSI but several years ago I used to watch it fairly frequently (probably the first 5 seasons or so). After not seeing the show for so long, today I happened to catch a rerun from Season 13. I truly wished I hadn't watched. I was absolutely blown away. I can't believe it's still on the air. Big names like Danson & Shue can't begin to compensate for the horrid writing, lack of victim-character development and profoundly insulting bubble gum forensics. No doubt this show is being run & produced by 'intellects' in their 20's. It resembles nothing of the show it once was (which was never anything spectacular, mind you) and it serves as a painful reminder of how mindless our society has become. The Dumbing Down of America continues.
  • Where is Nick, Sarah, and Greg?????????????????

Where is Nick and Sarah. Why is Drew an investigator(she is lousy), and Greg is back at the lab. The story lines are not about forensics instead all about personal dramas. The main original characters are been written out and replaced with new characters that are not making the show better. Instead people are turning channels. Wake up writers/producers your ruining a good show.
  • It looks like Jack Coleman will be guestion on an episode

The episode is titled "Love for Sale" and there are BTS pics tweeted by him and Alimi Ballard, so YAY for that!
  • shue sucks

Gawd whatever happened to this show???? Kill off shue's character already!
  • so old

please kill off sara sidle, cannot stand her.
  • Nick Stokes hasn't been in a few episodes...

the actor portraying him, George Eads, is busy. Nick will be back soon though!
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Where is Nick Stokes?
  • I am no one

Just saw a rerun of the episode with the serial killer Ian Moone (I am no one). Was there ever a second episode with this serial killer or did he just fade into the wood work?
  • LET IT GO

I can't believe that they are still trying to make this show a success. It never will be. Thought it was neat that Sarah and Grissome ended up on some secluded island doing private studies. Now Sarah is back for how long; was supposed to be only 10 episodes. Now Nick is just not appreciated. He should've been promoted years ago.

I know that most people like Ted Danson but he's just too serious for the show. The show has just become another soap opera. It was nice when a little bit of personal info leaked out during a case. Elizabeth Shue acts more like a cop than a lab rat.

The main complaint is that are we watching HAWAII FIVE 0 plots.

Let it go. The money wagon is over.
  • Enough!

I used to love this show, but I just cannot watch Elisabeth Shue anymore. She manages to grin like some teenage flirt (Karate Kid style) almost every time she opens her mouth. It's not a comedy! Time to find a new show to watch.
  • *Sigh*

I use to LOVE this show. Now, not so much. Sorry.

Danson is fine, but the stories are unoriginal and the characters have become cliche. And it's struggling to stay relevant.

And it makes me sad, because it was once such a groundbreaking show with interesting stories and original characters.

I'll be sad when it ends, but I think it's time.
  • Love this show!

I've watched CSI since it started over 12 yrs ago and it still keeps me on the edge of one's seat!
CBS