CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Oct 06, 2000 Returning September 28, 2014

Joker00303

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Fan Reviews (981)

• Lack of Science and Silly storylines

First off I have been a long-time fan of CSI from day one and have seen every episode up to 13.10 (UK). This show was once one of the best highest rated dramas on TV. The episodes used to be fantastic with a great mixture of Science and good acting. Recently (2nd of S12 and S13) there has been a lack of Science or forensics in most episodes, the cases range from the easy to figure out to silly. I have no problems with Danson or Shue I think they're great additions to the show however the lack of science/forensics techniques is getting on my nerves. Rather than completing tests like they used to it cuts to them sharing reports like CSI Miami. Episode 13.10 involved a plane crash, this is a prime example of where CSI is going wrong, we didn't see the crash site or CSI collect a single piece of evidence it was all in the lab and then they cut to reports. This is turning into another run of the mill cop show. Whether this is due to low ratings and therefore a low budget I'm not sure but no wonder why a show that used to get 25 35 million is now barely getting 10 million.

I like CSI but compared to what it used to be it is fading fast, the cast changes now work but the writers need to stop spending time on personal storylines every episode and focus on science and actual forensics.

LOGO