CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Slaves of Las Vegas

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 15, 2001 on CBS

• Lady Heather and a clever murder - very well written.

I would have given this a 10 were it not for the secondary story, which is a bit of a non-starter in my opinion. Given the subject matter here, it would have been better to concentrate on Lady Heather and the lifestyle of the rich and submissive.

Melinda Clarke is amazing as Lady Heather, though kudos to the writers as well, as they have given her great material to work with. Her interactions with Grissom are classics - it's almost like gentle sparring and he knows enough not to be fazed by anything about the work she does.

It's also good to see the rest of the team's reactions to Grissom and to Lady Heather's workplace. Again I'm amazed and gladdened that the US networks have seen fit to air this stuff, as the subject matter is a little controversial to say the least.

The secondary story - well it's okay, but it is so overshadowed by the main one.

And the ending to the main story - very satisfying. It's awful that the woman died, but the guy's reasons and his reactions at the end are priceless.
CLOO