CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Slaves of Las Vegas

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 15, 2001 on CBS

• A look at relationships, in a more diverse sense of the word.

I'll add my voice to those who thoroughly enjoyed this episode - though, I confess, my attention was focussed more on the main plot, and I wasn't as moved as I think I might have been supposed to be by the discovery of the stolen money in the pockets of the robbery victim. That plot aside, once again we have CSI, and Grissom specifically, taking a look into another rarely-discussed subculture of American society. First the hearing-impaired, then Autism, and now S&M. I loved the calm with which he was able to use the "lingo" (not so unusual, really, but it does go against the mold he tends to fit himself into), and the fact that he seemed unphased by the Dominion.

Lady Heather is shaping up to be an interesting character, and I look forward to seeing her interactions with Grissom. There's only thing hanging over my head after it all; at the very end of the episode, when Catherine tells him that she thinks they have a healthy relationship, Grissom agrees to tell her something that he's never told anybody. I'd love to know what he says to her when it cuts to black.