CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Spark of Life

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 31, 2005 on CBS

• Great Episode

I think this is one of the best worked episodes as I was surprised at who killed the family and how the cases were linked. As you wouldn't have thought a bushfire and an apparent murder-suicide would have been linked. I also liked how they got a GSR moment in at the beginning of the show. I was a little put off however at the close-ups of the burnt woman, they made me feel abit sick and made me wondered how her unborn baby could have survived, I think the writers should have thought about that a bit more. But overall it was a fantastic episode and liked how they showed Greg's softer side.
  • Could be better

This episode is written by Allen MacDonald and directed by Kenneth Fink.Greg, Sara, and Gil Grissom investigate a scene of bush fire which led to the death of man and the 3rd degree burn of another woman. Catherine, Nick and Warrick solve a case involving the death of an entire family. The father is found dead, apparently from a suicide, on his bed. The mother was shot while running downstairs. Their little daughter drowned to death in the pool. Later, Mia analyse the DNA from Catherine's case and find out it is connected to Grissom's case. Both of the case are related!!

This is not the best episode in this season. Could be MUCH better than this. This episode is kind of boring. Hopefully the next episode will be better.
  • Grissom & his team investigate a fire that kills one man & seriously burns a woman who amazingly is still alive.

Great episode, even though it was a bit gross & sad. Especially the burn victim.

Grissom & his team investigate a fire that kills one man & seriously burns a woman who amazingly is still alive. We see another side of Greg in this episode, serious & sensitive.

Catherine & her team investigate the murder of a family: mother, father & 5 year old daughter.

As each team investigate, they discover that both cases are connected to each other & that they are actually working on the same case.