CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Tell-Tale Hearts

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 28, 2011 on CBS

• The Task Of Solving A Grisly Quadruple Homicide Of An Entire Family Becomes More Complicated When Three People Confess To The Murders.

WOW!!! Followed by a sensational season opener, "Tell-Tale Hearts" doesn't miss a beat. I don't see why not to consider this episode as one of the bests in the recent seasons after "Sqweegel" (Season 11)! Like the other reviewers here, this episode made feel like the old "CSI" has returned. I also liked how D.B. took the leading role here and it was entertaining to watch him. The conclusion was unpredictable and even the oldest audience couldn'n predict it. Now the show is in its 12th season and it manages to deliver fantastic episodes, despite the character changes the show has suffered. I believe Ted Danson keeps getting better and better every episode. I do not miss Grissom. D.B. is exactly what "CSI" needed. See you in next episode and long live "CSI"!
  • GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I would love to know who had the help with teaching these actors and actresses of this episode how to say the family's last name. My last name happens to be Chambliss. It really gets to me when I hear someone say my family's last name wrong. 99% of the time they got it right. the other 1% is what drove me nuts. Please if you are going to use a last name like Chambliss. Please learn to say it.
  • I'm liking Ted Danson

He's doing a great job. He's like the anti-Grissom (I love Grissom okay?) but he's like more paternal and is trying hard to fit in. Very observant guy.
    The case was very upsetting and it reminded me of two other episodes from the series and they have already tried the "Strangers on a Train" formula back in the first seasons of the series. Still, they did a very good case and I liked to see all of them communicating any new evidence that was found so they know what way to go.
    One thing I've never liked is that the new member almost always has the best clue. In this case, Morgan had it. Why not someone else? Let the new member make a mistake every now (like Greg did) and then and let the experienced members shine.
    I'm sure Willows is thinking why she can't be like Russell. She's bright but she's made a lot of mistakes, professionally and personally. Hopefully, there is room for Nick to finally get some acknowledgement for all the good years of work. He deserves it!

• Great old CSI is back.

Loved this episode. It had the athmosphere of early seasons and a charismatic leader that the show has been lacking recently. Looks like CSI is really back - with engrossing cases, a thorough lab work and some character development (Catherine). Russell is exactly what the show needed.

Can't wait for the next week's episode!

• 12x02

I'll start by saying the promo made this episode seem a little strange, however this episode has to be one the best episodes since Grissoms depature.

My favourite cases are when a family is brutually murdered (i know that sound kinda wrong) and the whole team works on the case and uses lots of Forensics to solve the crime. This episode continued this high standard.

First of all i have noticed the CSI's taking a back seat in the action, patrol officers and Brass tend to enter suspects premises before CSI. In this Russel and Willows waited until it was clear and then went in and at the end of the episode Greg and cath followed the patrol officer, this makes a welcome change from Nick shooting and kick down doors.

The case itself was very interesting and contained lots of forensics, thorough lab work and the CSI's all had theories on how the killer killed the family. However their theory changed with the new evidence (one of Grissoms favourite lines). I liked the stranger on the train as an explaination to the case and how three killers had a motive.

In conclusion another great episode with lots of Forensics and thorough lab work, i am really looking foward to next week episode, CSI season 12 is great so far, Thanks Sam Malone :)

• 12x02

wow I just have watched this episode and now I can see why it is getting these high scores, this is even better than the season premiere, actually ten is not enough score for an episode like this

in my opinion this episode is even better than "1x07 blood drops" or "6x05 gum drops" which had similir plots about families being killed, seriously, I can´t find any mistake here, one of the best episodes in the last years

the acting was also very good here, Ted Danson did a great job and brass, in particuarlly in the scene where they first interrogated john, talking about him, his character was so interesting, the scene where he revealed how the family was killed was really interesting, it has that old csi feeling, i don´t want to say anything else, I finish this review saying that I recommend this episode to all the csi fans who decided not to give a last chance for the show to improve in its twelft season

P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in english, please forgive my mistakes

• One of the best episodes of the entire series, let alone the best in recent seasons.

I was very impressed with the Season 12 premiere, which meant that episode 2 had a lot to beat. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my expectations were well exceeded with this episode!

What automatically makes Tell-Tale Hearts better is the case, a brutal quadruple homicide reminiscent of past episodes such as Gum Drops and Blood Drops, and ultimately provided a chilling and exciting story. The outcome is particularly unexpected, whilst it appears that all the suspects played their part, one of them it turns out was not directly responsible for the deaths.

Danson's character proves to be excellent once more, a clear contrast to Fishburne's overly-melancholy character whichemitteda sense of gloom into the show. The writing has noticeably improved since Season 11, ensuring that all characters get decent screentime and restoring some of the humour which has been lost the past couple of years.

The episode also gives Elisabeth Harnois' character a proper introduction, and she is immediately an interestingcharacter from the start, not only with her frustration with the SatNav but her interactions with Sara, Nick and Greg. She reminds me of Riley, but softer and more likeable.

The end of the episode provides some forewarning, including a sad moment which shows Catherine appearing to ponder about her job over her family and social life, her exit arc it appears has officially begun.

Overall, Tell-Tale Hearts is a superb episode, combining all the elements of a good CSI episode, an interesting case, good character interaction as well as some emotional moments throughout. If the episodes can remain up to this standard, Season 12 could well be CSI's best yet.

• DB and the team investigate the brutal murder of an entire family in their home. A suspect is brought in and soon confesses to the crime. The CSI's congratulate themselves on a job well done. That is until two more people confess to the murders.

I could not agree more with hakone1. Seeing this episode made me feel like CSI has returned to greatness. "Tell-Tale Hearts" is, in my opinion, better than every episode from the previous season. The writing is razor sharp. The opening scenes of the team looking over the crime scene are very well done. They are in fact so realistic they are almost frightening. Ted Danson was excellent. We are only two episodes into the season as you are well aware, but I believe Danson has settled into the role perfectly. A welcome addition to CSI. I believe he will continue to get better. Hopefully the show as whole will also. The rest of the cast deserves credit too. There are great performances all around in "Tell-Tale Hearts." The episode's only liability is I saw echoes of one of my favorite season one episodes "Blood Drops". Regardless, "Tell-Tale Hearts" is one of the best of the series. With all due respect to Laurence Fishburne, he is not missed.