CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

The Hunger Artist

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 16, 2002 on CBS

• I know how this pain feels...

I found this particular episode of CSI to be painful. Painful because I used to work in an Eating Disorders Unit of a Psychiatric Hospital.

I chose to work in this area because a person has/had to be pretty thick skinned to deal with the sorrow of a person's self hatred.

So on that note this is a rather gruesome episode but it is pretty spot on which is very sad and unfortunate. No human being should be influenced to think they're so "ugly" that they literally kill themselves over it. But damn, yes it happens. The extremely very sad sad part about this episode is that it is painfully realistic. More so then many other episodes.

I can't work in this field anymore. It hurt so damn much that it almost killed me. I still, however, worry about my former clients/patients. That is what separates the jerk offs from the real feeling people. This just sucks so bad I can't even began to describe it.

Anyhow, this is one episode of CSI that unfortunately is pretty damn accurate. Which makes it an extremely grand tragedy.
USA