CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Zippered

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 07, 2011 on CBS

• One of the best episodes I've seen in a long time, and it really showcased Marg Helgenberger's talent and beauty.

I've watched this show almost from the beginning, and I catch the one's I've missed in reruns. I am really glad I stuck with it through the ups and downs, as it is hitting an up once again. It's well known Helgenberger is leaving soon, and they could have just put her on the backburner until it was her last episode, but instead, we have, "Zippered," which not ONLY showed her struggling with still being a CSI, but also showed her as an older female who still has feelings, wants and desires. I LOVED the chemistry between Willows and Grant Show's agent. It was two adults, behaving like adults...in retrospect, it reminded me of the chemistry between Renee Russo and Clint Eastwood in, "In the Line of Fire." We got to see her use her science skills, but also her years of experience, and she was able to, "save [agent's] ass."

I also liked the idea of the *spoiler alert* soldier wanting to protect his wrongdoing buddy, but still do the right thing.

I also liked the posturing of Dr. Russel (Danson's character) with the FBI agents. While the rest of the team was not looking forward to working with the agents, it was he who smoothed things over, called the younger agent BYU (hilarious reference to the college's clean cut image) and made friends with the Agency...which, in the end, saved the day.

All in all, I could not have found a better hour of television. Respectful, smart, funny ("Get a room!" "Oh, I have one."). Thank you, CBS, for continuing this franchise.

LOGO