A CSI: Cyber Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS

The Beek is back... again!

Just a few months after the cancellation of Friends With Better Lives,  James Van Der Beek has landed a role on another CBS series. The actor is joining the cast of CSI: Cyber as a series regular, the network announced Wednesday.

Van Der Beek, who will forever be known more for Dawson's Creek's than anything he did afterward (including the late ABC comedy Don’t Trust the B---- in Apt. 23) will play FBI Agent Elijah Mundo, a battlefield forensics expert who's recruited by Patricia Arquette’s Special Agent Avery Ryan.

Described as a savant when it comes to weaponry and bombs, Mundo is a self-proclaimed "action junkie" who often puts himself at risk in the name of justice. Ryan plans on cutting down his diehard behavior by using her expertise in the field of psychology. And somehow all of this equates to the two of them teaming up to fight cyber crimes.

All I want to know is, how long until we get to see him cry?

Does Van Der Beek's casting make you more or less likely to check out CSI: Cyber?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/13/2016

Season 2 : Episode 18

32 Comments
Comments (32)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The Beek is actually a pretty good actor. His best work was as Patrick Bateman's little brother in Rules of Attraction. Untapped potential.

Flag
James' best stuff is usually when he does snarky comedy. I hate to see that come to an end.
Flag
Wait..so he's not playing himself then?
Flag
CSI Cyber continues to sound like a clingy turd.
Flag
And with that news I've placed m bet that the series will be a one-season wonder.
Flag
so when does that series start?
Flag
He played a seriously creepy dude on Criminal Minds... so an actual drama role isn't out of his skillset. And CSI actors aren't stone-cold dramatic the entire time... they need to be able to handle humor. So I think he'll probably do fine.

Unfortunately people just remember him from Dawson's Creek and Don't Trust that B---- in Apartment 23
Flag
He clearly has the (fore) head for it.
Flag
Well, it's not like they could do much worse than Intelligence, right???
Flag
You really want to money on that?
Flag
Oh no..... I've learned not to bet on freshmen series. Even with lots of footage and synopsis available, they're still WAYYYY too unpredictable.
Flag
Great addition! It will be interesting to see The Beek in this kind of show/character. Now I'm gonna give a chance to this spin-off.
Flag
Lets see how this gonna work out for him, even though i am betting on early cancellation

Flag
Staff
Excellent.
Flag
I want to 'like' this soo many times. Fantastic.
Flag
There is no need for this show, it will end after few episodes, the idea is not going to work, and every show James join canceled after few episodes :) :) :)
Flag
So how is this different from Scorpion? I'm dying to see how two similarly themed shows will work on the same network.
Flag
This one has "CSI" in the name.
Flag
what the hell is scorpion?
Flag
A really scary arachnid with a stinger at the end of its tail...oh, and also this really retarded show coming out on CBS that no one is bother to watch. Don't watch.
Flag
First John Cage and now it's Dawson Leary? Who's next? Prue Halliwell? Arvin Sloane? Or maybe Fox Mulder?
Flag
Actually, Shannen Doherty is also joining CSI Cyber---no, no, wait, she just quit again.
Flag
I'm just surprised she stuck with it that long.
Flag
LOL longest period of work in her career. DId you see it? Nope.
Flag
more likely
Flag
Follow this Show
Members