CSI: Miami

Chain Reaction

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 05, 2007 on CBS

• Somewhat exciting but no great improvement.

I rated this show an 8, which is due to the fact that I didn't fall asleep. The story was somewhat predictable but I found it intersting to learn that herion can be transported in clothing. Score one for creative thinking.

A beautiful model (aren't they all) is electrcuted during a fashion show and it's discovered that she was the wife of Horatio's nemisis, Joe LaBrock. As the story unfolds, Horatio fears for Kyles life when the man Horatio asked to look out for Kyle gets killed during a bomb blast. Kyle is then accused of setting off the bomb and as luck would have it, the phone is planted in Kyle's bunk. The one aspect of the show I did like were seeing Horatio and Kyle together. He's a good kid that has made some bad choices and I hope the writer's don't forget that. I liked how Horatio blackmailed Joe into saying that he didn't know who Kyle Harmon is. I found it hard to believe that Horatio could bring a hardened criminal like Joe to his knees but Horatio did him a favor by keeping his son's pedohphilia a secret. I can only see Joe being nice to Kyle out of fear that Horation will spill his son's secret to the wrong inmate. The one postive aspect of the show was that no romance was involved and the case seemed to be all that mattered.
CBS