CSI: Miami

Double Jeopardy

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 13, 2006 on CBS

• Over the top

While I really liked this episode, I thought it was a bit over-the-top. I mean, come on, in one episode we have a case of double jeopardy, copycat murder, hate crime, not one but three murderers, and tons of bizarre evidence. Each of these makes sense on its own, but a combination of all of these in one crime?

And frankly, some of these didn't really make sense together. If this was a hate crime (the husband hated the discovery that his wife was half-black), why did the husband "practice" by killing a random white woman? Wouldn't a real black-hater kill blacks, not whites? How come was he so comfortable killing a random white person, but couldn't go through with killing the black wife he hated?

Moreover, there were too much "convenient" evidence, which altogether seem very unlikely. The first victim was conveniently tied with an airplane-specific chain that leave distinctive marks. How convenient... And the third victim was redressed with pantihose which only people from Connecticut would use (?!) and conveniently had the murderer's nail fall on it...If she was redressed with ordinary pants, they wouldn't have even suspected the mistress?

So altogether, not a very realistic episode, but a very enjoyable one.