CSI: Miami Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

10x11 - Official Episode Discussion Thread: Crowned

Starprincess13

[1]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 24

Please discuss the episode here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[2]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 47

Snow on video tape? Ah, first who uses analog tape these days anyway? Digital tape doesn't get snow from pausing a few times i the same place, as the damage to a tape is very low (microscopic). Just as you can scratch a CD without an issue, digital media has error correction that reduces or eliminates snow from normal wear.

Even analog tape, didn't show as much snow / damage from a few pauses as they were showing. Finally, this all assumes the person was using tape. Many cameras today use a digital media, such as memory or a CD / BluRay.

Finally, I doubt the tape was good old VHS. Given parents are spending upwards of $60,000 a year on their child, you'd think they and the organizers would use the latest or a later model camera for the best possible quality - to show off their girls.

bmoshier

[3]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 47

What is wrong with H? As an hero he shouldn't let a guy fall to his death, even if he's guilty. H is no longer acting like a hero, but as a worn-out, tired, over-worked police office, who should take his retirement.

haldrey

[4]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 22

Another children pageant themed episode. Why? Because they still go on thanks to irresponsible mothers. The episode was pretty good but I do not like where they are taking the Horatio character. The tape thing, maybe this episode was written ten years back but that was just a minor thing.

Edited on 12/16/2011 7:48am

thribs

[5]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 8

Loved the ending but I would of kicked the guy in the face to make the fall more impactful!

danharr

[6]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 45

Well beating up on kid beauty pageants is always fun but I agree they are taking H way too far. Yeah it fun when tv cops kill people they always get the bad guy the worst of the worst. As opposed in real life when homeless people are beaten to death and citizens are gunned down for nothing this show is on the bubble for me.