CSI: Miami Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

8x17 - Official Episode Discussion Thread: Getting Axed

Starprincess13

[1]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 24

Please discuss the episode here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 45

Ok episode expect more from an ax murder episode but the ceo who turned over a new leaf was a good plot device. The workers were funny one living in the room, the birthday bimbo/poisioner, and the fake dad nice characters.

Starprincess13

[3]Mar 9, 2010

A good filler episode. Fairly interesting case (it was nice that the details about the victim's personal life weren't really making sense at first) and a bunch of interesting characters. I liked the guy who lived in the ceiling (lol) and the guy who was pretending to have a kid (I understood his reasoning and I bet that there are people in the world who actually do that. I'm going to be suspicious of all so-called 'parents' from now on). An awesome death (for some reason, I loved that the axe went deep into her head. I probably have issues.) and I didn't guess the killer (even though I usually suspect the person who 'discovers' the body. The elevator discovery was good and I like that Ryan (accidentally???) left Tom on the top of elevator. I would have shouted louder at him though, if I were Tom. I also loved the ending and how they were all uneasy in the elevator even though the possibility of a body lying on top of it is extremely unlikely. I love how they left one by one, last of all Jesse who quickly ran after the other three. I also found it funny that it was the four guys though it had to be them since Eric wasn't in this episode, Natalia was missing again and neither Horatio or Calleigh would have done something like that.

The only thing I had a problem with was that the victim felt so guilty after the girl committed suicide after being fired. She couldn't have predicted that and wasn't really directly responsible. She fired loads of other people but only one committed suicide. I just found it a little unrealistic that she would try and completely change her life around because of that. The whole 'poisoning but eventually dying by something else' plot was used already a few seasons ago but I could overlook that since it was a little different. Natalia was also mysteriously missing from this episode again. I would normally be convinced by now that Eva is on maternity leave or something but I haven't heard anything so I'm just going to assume that writers didn't want her in the episode for some reason.

A good episode (not extraordinary but still good as a filler, non stand out episode) and can't wait for it to return in two weeks.

pgsuperfan

[4]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 25

never thought it was the receptionist. wished they had shown more of the murder

paige1408

[5]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 6

This episode was good but ''Bones'' already did it. Dead body in elevator plus the co-workers didn't like her was totally bones idea 1st.

Starprincess13

[6]Mar 11, 2010

paige1408 wrote:

This episode was good but ''Bones'' already did it. Dead body in elevator plus the co-workers didn't like her was totally bones idea 1st.

You can technically say that about most story lines on any crime drama tv show. They are continuously using similar ideas since there is only so many crimes and circumstances that you can come up with. I love Bones, especially the Gravedigger episodes but people could easily say that those were stolen from the first season of Crossing Jordan with their Digger episodes about a serial killer who buries people alive. I like seeing the different takes on similar story lines in my shows. You can't expect them to be completely original all the time.

bmoshier

[7]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 46

Is this a goof / trivia worth mentioning in the episode?

What I can't understand is how the fiance could have the time to commit the murder, as described at the end of episode. My issues are:

1) The pulled fire alarm is on the 19th floor by the elevators.
    2) The murder takes place on the 19th floor by the elevator and the pulled fire alarm.
    3) When the fire department shows up they will go to the 19th floor and by using the elevator in fire department mode.
    4) Jefferey wasn't expecting to kill her, so (A) didn't have cleaning supplies right there with him and (B) didn't have extra clothing or protective clothing with him.
    5) When killing someone with an axe to the side and head there will be a good amount of blood splatter (more than one drop, as described at the end).

So, I'm wondering how did Jefferey have enough time to kill her, dispose of the body, and clean up both himself and the murder site BEFORE the fire department shows up on the 19th floor? Additionally, how is it he only had ONE drop of blood from the time of the murder? Wouldn't he have more of them? If it is because he cleaned up, ah, dude, have you ever tried to clean blood from a shirt in a bathroom plus given the time . . .

So is this a goof? If not, why? If yes, do you see other reasons it might be a goof in the plot / telling of it / etc?