CSI: Miami Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

9x01 - Official Episode Discussion Thread: Fallen (Season 9 Premiere)

Starprincess13

[1]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 24

Please discuss the episode here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[2]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 25

I was surprised that they killed him off

StarbucksAddict

[3]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 46

pgsuperfan wrote:

I was surprised that they killed him off

I wasn't, I knew someone had to die & knew it would be Jessie.

Mimori

[4]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 10

I wasn't the least bit surprised they killed off Jesse. Poor Natalia! My heart was aching for her when she tried to revive him. She looked like she needed a hug or something.

Eric was so sweet with Calleigh too. Awwww! They really need to get married. Hope the writers will listen.

danharr

[5]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 45

I knew he was leaving but damn kill him off wasn't expecting that. Okay episode I wasn't really impressed didn't give the impact that past character deaths have given us and the master mind didn't really impress me that much. Really it was a plain jane episode nothing in terms of a season opener.

blue_fish24

[6]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 18
    I was surprised they killed Jesse, but I am not too upset. I like the character, but I haven't had a chance to get attached to him like other characters who have died. My favorite part was Eric freaking out about Calleigh!

yen35

[7]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 2

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. My favorite was the scene between EC at the beginning. So sweet. I also liked the experiment Ryan and Eric did with the box and the gas which confirmed to them that Starling had an accomplice. I never did guess it was Melissa until Calleigh did the experiment with the bullet which was also cool. Not my favorite episode and certainly I won't say the best episode ever but it was a good and catchy season opener. I didn't mind Jesse (he was OK looking and a good enough actor) and I am sorry he had to die but like someone else said, he wasn't on for a long enough time for people to get very attached to him. In other shows like Grey's and DH, you get people leaving after 1 season so it wasn't a big deal for me. I was very glad to see the core cast from seasons 4 to 7 back. I hope that they can have a future episode with Alexx appearing

Edited on 10/08/2010 11:06pm

Starprincess13

[8]Oct 9, 2010

I really liked this episode. It wasn't an amazing premeire but it was quite good.

Liked:

~Eric trying to get Calleigh out. It was kind of stupid for him to do (he really should have just shot out the windows first like what he told Horatio to do) but it made sense for him to worry about his lover who has already had respiratory problems. As a hiphugger fan, it was nice to see.

~the scene where Natalia tries to revive Jesse.

~Horatio shooting out the window.

~Horatio's line to Tom about why couldn't he save Jesse.

~Calleigh working in ballistics and figuring out what was wrong with the bullet.

~Natalia getting a lot of screentime.

~Travers reciting the poetry. That was funny.

~the amusing camera angles they used to cover up Emily's baby bump.

~The team having to look through books to figure out the symbols.

~Eric chasing the suspect.

~Both Walter and Calleigh's scenes with Jesse's body.

~the team playing basketball together. It was a really nice team scene. It would have been even better if Calleigh had played too but understandable why she couldn't because of Emily's pregnancy.

Not liked:

~the way Jesse died. I have already ranted about this before but basically, the TPTB had the opportunity to send Jesse off in a really good way (either have him move back to California alive or if they had to kill off, have him be killed in a battle to the death sort of thing with the guy who killed his wife). It would have been better if everybody had survived the poisoning and than had Jesse die a couple of episodes later after they clued up Jesse's wife's murder storyline like they were going to.

~Melissa wearing two wires. They did that before with that private investigator guy at the restaurant.

Overall, a really good episode and hopefully the rest of this season will be as good or better.

Starprincess13

[9]Oct 9, 2010

Ratings for October 3, 2010. CSI Miami was down a bit from last year's premiere but improved on last year's Sunday combination of Three Rivers and Cold Case.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/04/tv-ratings-simpsons-desperate-housewives-sunday-night-football-rise-csi-miami-premieres/66334