CSI: Miami Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

CSI :Miami cancled!

laurameyer

[1]May 13, 2012
    • level: 58

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/its-official-cbs-cancels-csi-miami/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]May 13, 2012
    • level: 63
    It had a good run, but ultimately the CSI franchise is running out of gas.

Airsoftking525

[3]May 13, 2012
    • level: 6
    yeh i agree csi miami and ny have pretty much run out of gas however i have really enjoyed CSI Season 12 more so than NY and Miami.

Jim856796

[4]May 13, 2012
    • level: 14
    Now that CSI: Miami has been released from its contract without a special last episode, can anyone provide a list of storylines and loose ends that were left unresolved by the time the last episode aired in April?

wildhoney66

[5]May 13, 2012
    • level: 13

i honestly dunno on that one. i can tell you one on the home show though, who the hell killed "Catherine's ex Hubby" ? they kill him off than plump forget about him! as for this being cancelled that really SUCKS! but honestly i didn't see this coming.

i thought this was coming back next year. & NY would have been cancelled since it's never had the ratings as the other shows have had.

also if anyone remembers CBS did say that they aren't going to rely on it as much. before this season began. at LEAST it didn't end with a cliff-hanger. & i do agree that this season of the home show was great. i even was shocked at the way it ended!

which hasn't happend to me since the minature killer! that was the last REAL good one. funny thing is both times contracts were in negotionas both times! sorry about my bad spelling by the way.

Jim856796

[6]May 13, 2012
    So, by the end of the 10th season finale, CSI:Miami never had any real loose ends or storylines?

ltcomstella

[7]May 14, 2012
    • level: 18

nope csi tied everything up.

well if you don't count the following

everyone is pretty much single not in a relationship.

calliegh has adopted justin and his sister..

vouglar is probably paralysed or almost dead form the car crash.

and the show was getting stale anyway imo

dh4645

[8]May 14, 2012
    • level: 15
    that sucks, but i'm kinda glad too. i watch too many shows and this will free up 42 min a week. :-)

glad csi ny is still around, liked it better than miami. next season will probably be it's last though. oh well another 42 min for me next year. ...and i'll try not to start watching any new shows since most of them get canceled...like AWAKE. :-(

Jim856796

[9]May 14, 2012

ltcomstella wrote:

Hate to beat a dead horse, but is that all?

rcastudios

[10]May 14, 2012
    • level: 11

The only thing I can think of that was left unanswered was the whole thing with Horatio becoming very hardcore and not following typical rules. I feel that it seemed as though they were going somewhere with that and never did. That was the main thing thatdisappointedme a bit this season, but it was a greatplot-linenonetheless.

hal9000_basic

[11]May 14, 2012
    • level: 8

It was a good run and a steady pay cheque for eveyone. Its time to turn out the lights.

HelloStuart

[12]May 14, 2012
    • level: 63
    ltcomstella wrote:

Who cares if everybody was single? Who runs the TV industry, professionals or annoying little shippers?

Jim856796

[13]May 14, 2012
    I pretty much do not think CSI:Miami had any ongoing storylines throughout its 10-year run. If it did, name any and answer whether they were resolved or not.

If the characters of CSI: Miami did have a proper ending, I would have saw Calleigh and Eric either take their relationship further and end up getting engaged and then married or breaking up, Vouglar (whoever he is) would probably be killed off as a result of the car crash, and Horatio Caine retiring from the force for good, possibly for personal reasons.

One question that remains: Did CSI: Miami become a worthless piece of trash that did not deserve or need a proper ending/wrap up in any form? Or should that wrap-up have occurred between 2007 and 2010? I do not intend to insult the series or its fans, but I heard that the series has its "haters".

If its time has come by this year, anyway, how would you have wrapped up the series? Either discuss in this thread or start a new thread.

wildhoney66

[14]May 14, 2012

every show has it's haters. i can't stand reality shows. i hate those with a freaking passion! yet there are for some reason or other people who like them. i dunno how the show should have ended but they should have been able to do a 2 hrs finale. even if it's just one of those tv movies that "Dallas' later did. those have their haters as well. but to be fair i think people think the 1st one is good? anyways sorry for going off topic a bit here.

i dunno about anyone else. but i did enjoy the whole ride. i mean sure they did plots that didn't work but any show does that. even "Lost" did it's storylines that i didn't like & others that i loved. regardless of it was at the start of the show or the end of it. funny thing about the home show though is that people have been saying that next year will be it's last for years! i hope it honestly isn't. i'm not ready to let that one go just yet. i wasn't ready to let this one go yet either. i had actually prepared myself just in case NY got cancelled & oddly this got cancelled & that one didn't.

all 3 of them are good in my book. i love all of them. some will love the home show best others will prefer this one. & others will still prefer NY.

that's my point. sorry for taking awhile to get there

MichellePulli

[15]May 15, 2012
    • level: 4
    The killer was the girl in the same episode, the one where Lindsay is still in the car at the bottom of the ravine. Would have to watch the episodes to tell you which one, but it was resolved,

kimgrl1216

[16]May 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    They can't cancel CSI Miami it was given a horrible time slot where it either started late or was preempted because of football games. We can't take this lying down we need to petition to save this show.

SG1andAhalf

[17]May 17, 2012
    • level: 7

I guess I am the only one that's going to miss it.........the reason given was pretty lame for the cancelling. I think loose ends (Ray) were tired up. Would have liked to know what happened to Suzie and Ray's daughter. Or Ray's son. A proper ending? I don't know....maybe Horatio finally getting the girl (maybe his sister-in-law) and finally being happy. Seemed like every time he had feelings they killed them off. I also felt they were going somewhere with his 'outside the law' edginess. After so many season you would think they would let them go out with some dignity. sigh!

wildhoney66

[18]May 19, 2012

i agree. i will miss it as well. but didn't Catherine's Ex's killer also get away? keep in mind that i may have it on dvd, but i just haven't watched it in ages. as for "Miami" i think "Eric & Calleigh" pretty much were on their way back to each other. other than that them killing off H's various women

they should have written him in one where he got to be actually happy. another thing that was kind of a loose end was we didnt' get to see Julia i believe's ex. played by the great Kim Coates" while he's a great actor he's one UGLY ASS DUDE!

we at least to my knowledge never saw him actually get killed did we? to be fair we may have on that one. but since they've written him back so many times i've lost count. so i never was sure he was 100% dead or not? they also pretty much wrote out his son as well. & Ray as well. i remember an interview during i dunno i think it was the one where they went to Rio in the premiere of season 4 or 5? i forget which season it was.

where they said that the next i dunno few years were going to him becoming a cop like his dad. so i was reading this thinking ok. but than his sister-in-law left the show & that led me wondering if that was planned before she decided to leave or after? & we rarely even got to see Ray anymore after a certain time. in fact i forgot who you were talking about for a minute. i had to rack my brain to remember this. i also read an interview that Eva LaRue did saying in an interview that if they got cancelled this was before it was announced i believe. than they we got a crap ending. which really is true. i watched the finale with my mom & she goes why is H Quiet? i said i have no idea. either he was upset by the events or it was something that would be resolved in the premiere? don't get me wrong i am thrilled to bits we didn't end up on the show having a cliff-hanger! i love the fact that we didn't have that. i just didn't like the end of it. on who was the killer i mean.

but having them drunk as skunks together was kind of fitting though. it just SHOULD have been 2 hrs. that's all. i do 100% agree on the slot though. it really killed the show. not cause sunday's a bad night for tv shows. cause it really isn't. but its' cause of that damn football game.

or basketball. i'm sorry i just HATE sports that's all. people who work certain hours are going to give up on waiting for it to start. the show i mean.so it really did kill the show if ya ask me.

Jim856796

[19]May 22, 2012
    I forgot to mention: Some possible factors in the cancellation may include the following:

* CSI: Miami was very expensive to produce; and it was more expensive than CSI: NY.
    * CSI: Miami has 232 episodes, which is already enough for syndication.
    * Final episode was pre-empted due to Masters golf tournament coverage, and it suffered a series low.
    * Shortening of Season 10 for NYC 22 (which sucks and got cancelled)
    * When I first heard of the cancellation news, I didn't think there was enough closure in the last episode of season 10.

gdavis101

[20]May 27, 2012
    • level: 5

Its about time!