CSI: Miami Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

Official Episode Discussion:"If Looks Could Kill"(5.4)

rate this episode

danharr

[1]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 45
    This weeks episode enjoy
    Edited on 10/08/2006 7:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dayn37

[2]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    I am pretty darn excited for this episode! It is sort of reminding me of an episode in season one, but that's just cause of the male model type deal, but I suppose he was a dancer haha. But I am still excited. Male models are rad, and I am always excited to see CSI: Miami haha. Now I'm pretty much rambling. So I am just going to keep my excitement to myself for the rest of the day/

xboxdukex

[3]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 7
    it sounds like it will be a boring episode, but maybe it'll be good. I'm looking forward to it anyways

dayn37

[4]Oct 9, 2006
    I actually REALLY enjoyed the episode. Sure, the cases were solved a little fast.. haha but the male modles were SO undeniabley hot. Oh gosh. That made it better hah. Trust Miami to have the hottest people on it. Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek at the end made it more amazing for me. They certainly do play wonderful music on tihs show! Last week, Death Cab, this week, Imogen Heap,. Last season we had some Metric. Definetly commending the music. And the storylines were nice too. The male model thing was interesting, and it did keep me guessing as to who would be the convicted in the end, even if the cases were over shortly. Natalia and husband or ex or whatever thing is actually making me like her more beacuse she's bringing interesting plot lines onto the show I suppose. THat's maybe what they're tryign to do, make us sympathetic towards her or something... I don't know whether to believe the husband when he says that she is just as much a part of it because she was quick to sleep with a lot of people, and I do not like her that much, but then again, that could be exactly what he wants people thinka bout her, manipulating it so that he can hurt her more easily and get away with it. It gives me things to ponder during the episode anyways. As long as it doesnt turn into Natalia/Eric romance, I am quite fine with it. I enjoyeed the part where Calleigh was like, to the one male model, take off your shoes and put your feet up on the table. What are you going to take off for me? ahah. Oh gosh that make me chuckle. ENjoyed, overall. Cannot wait for next week!

reallyniceguy21

[5]Oct 9, 2006
    Our freaking news broke in just as the dad started to say that his daughter was in the hospital with Leukemia when he was confessing to the murder

so, what was the story there?  I caught everything else but I missed that part.

thanks!

danharr

[6]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 45
    Good episode nice resolution for Boa Vista I was expecting that guy to die or end up back in prison but imagine a non-violent solution to a problem on tv.  I'm a little tired of the song trading on shows I mean I just heard that hide and seek on the now defunct Smith.

YoungStylez

[7]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hi, can anyone tell me the name of the song at the start of the episode? I'm pretty sure it was by fabolous, so obviously it was rap. well, thanks if anyone can help.

bobtannica

[8]Oct 9, 2006
    Does anyone know the name of the band that played towards the end of this week's episode while Alexx was closing the bodies up in the morgue? (If looks could kill) I have heard them before but don't know who they are. They played a beautiful slow ballad that was highly tinkered with electronically. Thanks.

bobtannica

[9]Oct 9, 2006
    Nevermind, I found out. It Imogen Heap singing Hide and Seek. A truly beutiful song!

moggiye16

[10]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 19
    It wasn't bad, and they definitely took a different road for Boa Vista's relationship with that dude. Instead of "He ends up dead and she's the suspect" or "He goes back to prison" or "They get back together (for some weird reason)" they agree to an uneasy truce. You could definitely see the submissiveness in her agreement though.

laneangel

[11]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    I think that episode was the best of this season debut. The 100th was quite Xciting but that with the ho killin in the end was pretty awesome. I think the boa vista thing with her ex is no going to end so easily but i totally agree with him on the sex matter, i mean she's slept with too guys of the csi crew and they're three. I still  have to admit his ex is damn hot. Always loved rob estes

JPPT1974

[12]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 50
    I don't think that the Boa Vista thing will end at all either with her ex. Sure she has slept with like so many men I even lost count of them LOL. But her ex was just a total creep in this show.

sugah66

[13]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 12

Yeah.

*sigh*

I just... This season is not doing it for me. I can't really explain it. Maybe I have all these high expectations and they just aren't being met. But I have just been disappointed with every episode.

Natalia's ex-husband returning. I have a few issues with this. First off, if Natalia was as worried about her ex as she was, don't you think she would be aware of when her TRO expires? And how did he find her, anyway? I thought the group she belonged to was supposed to make sure that the battered women couldn't be found by their exes. But not only did he know where she lives, he knew where she works. Seriously?

And what kind of security do they have at crime scenes where random people can just walk under the police tape? I saw a patrol officer there. As soon as Rob Estes crossed the tape, he should have run over there and told him what's what. You just can't crawl under the crime scene tape!

And how the hell did he get a job so fast? Seriously. I'd like to know his secret. I've been job-hunting for three months with no success and he gets a job in, what, two days? And he's got a criminal record. And he still gets a job super fast.

As for the cases... Well, I was just confused. So, was everyone involved in this insurance scam? Was it a scam? The tiger guy and dead model #1 were partners in it, I know, but what was up with the two women? What was their deal? Did anyone understand what was going on?

Poisoned lipstick? Really?

Is it me, or are the motives getting weaker? Why did model #2 end up dead? I must've missed that part.

Anyway... Yeah. Sorry. I ramble.

Pedroff

[15]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 6
    I thought it was a great episode, keep it up.

Duds_2k

[16]Oct 10, 2006
    The problem is the whole restraining order plot is false.

In reality they work both ways. He's as legally bound to stay away from her as she is from him. In reality she wouldn't have to have left that first crime scene and if he continued to try the order would have been resinded anyway and probably him arrested for stalking.

Lynn770

[17]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 6
    I found the dynamic between Boa Vista and her ex more intriguing than the actual case they were investigating.  (Though that may have been a bias, I have a love/hate thing for Kari Wuhrer who played Janet).  It's going to be hard to get used to Rob Estes in this role.  I'm used to him being the protector as opposed to the creep, but I imagine it will be a more fun role for him.  I'm interested in where this will go.  The whole restraining order, Natalia having to leave the scene didn't really make sense to me.  And Boa Vista's comments to Eric about talking to the judge were uncalled for, I think.  Did she really expect him to say he couldn't speak to Judge Chambers?  Overall, the episode was good for character development for Boa Vista but I didn't care much for the case.  The opening with the irate ex-husband chasing his wife's lover with a gun was rather fun though!

dayn37

[18]Oct 10, 2006
    YEahh. I enjoy how Miami often does openings like that, where there is a chase and then a body is found, thus the lover doesn't get shot haha cause someone else is already dead. Sort of snaps the husband back into reality or something. Hm. I definetly do not think the exhusband thing is ending that easily. There will be more, I hope! Gosh, as LONG as it does NOT turn into more Eric/Natalia. Ew. Haha. I like her by herself, and I like him with Calleigh. Even though everyone else seems to be liking carwash these days. Ohwell. To each their own. But I suppose he could have seen her on the news? Iduno. If I was paranoid about creepy ex husband coming to kill me, I think I might cut my losses and stay in the lab. But ohwell. I do hope there is more on that. And also, I do not think the motives are getting weaker. I was only sort of modelling and such, well I didn't even do anything really because I live in such a small town and it is unrealistic to drive to the big city, but when I did the one photoshoot and such, everyone was BRUTAL there. They woudln't look at you and if they did it would be the meanest smile ever haha,. I was like: woah, intense! So if they are modelling at that level, I'd say it's realistic to think the one model would have killed the other if he was stealing his career, and by sleeping around nonetheless. And I suppose the rest just got greedy. Two million dollars a kill for a model, and then six million for your partner? They were all so hostile and secritive towards each other anyways, I definetly believe that it was motive enough. And poison in the lipstick? hah. stealth. I did enjoy this episode a lot, and as I mentioned before I loved it so much more just cause they played Imogen Heap at the end, since she's pretty much my favourite singer. Hah. Can't waiiiit till next week!

jekyll

[19]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 86
    sugah66 wrote:
    First off, if Natalia was as worried about her ex as she was, don't you think she would be aware of when her TRO expires? And how did he find her, anyway? I thought the group she belonged to was supposed to make sure that the battered women couldn't be found by their exes. But not only did he know where she lives, he knew where she works. Seriously?
    She's a public employee; it can't be that tough to find her. And that group was only to help when a women was aware she was in danger of being located, and she seems to not have known to be expecting him. And I could even believe her not being on top of the RO issue since she thought he was due to be in jail a while longer.

That said, it doesn't mitigate the positively ridiculous presumption that a judge would give a just-released convict a restraining order against his victim (a police officer, no less) after he breached a clearly marked crime scene to initiate unwanted contact with her.

Still, it was nice to see Kari Wuhrer.

reallyniceguy21

[20]Oct 11, 2006
    holy crap. how did I miss that it was Kari Wurher. wow.

I used to be in love with her haha