CSI: Miami

Golden Parachute

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 23, 2002 on CBS

• this was a good ep

in this ep of csi miami the team is called to a plane crashed were there are quite a few bodys and they must figure out what happen except they find a body that is 5 miles away from the crash site and the team must figure out what happen turns out that the company was on its way to be investgated and called for quesition in washinton but they later learn that the girl found 5 miles away was trown off the plane because she sent a sheet to washingotn tellhing what they were doing as a company so the guy mureder he by throwing her off the plane but the plane went down due to all the camotion and when they went to arest the guy he killed himself. this was a good ep to begin a really good show.
  • A plane goes down and Horatio and the team try to figure out how it happened and how a body ends up so far away from the crash.

I have seen mostly newer episodes of CSI: Miami and have just gone back to start from the beginning. This was a great way to start off this TV series. Since this was the first episode the only thing that may have made it better was a better introduction to the different characters. What really makes this episode so great is how it ends. Horacio Cane uses his entire team to figure out this crime and the episode ends with a great message which serves as a tribute to one of the passengers of the downed plane which just gave me chills.
  • A different look at the world of CSI

Sure you may have seen Horatio and his crew in the CSI: Las Vegas crossover, but this is where it all begins for us: The Everglades. This episode has remained unique through the years not only because of its different setting (I never knew they left Miami!), but because it shows former members of the CSI Team. The plot of the episode was quite interesting and revealed a lot about each one of the characters. I initially began watching CSI: Miami from Season 4 onward, so I had no idea just how different Horatio was in this season...and I'm not sure if I like it. Meghan is certainly annoying and unneeded, as well. Overall, I was pleased with the episode.
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation took television by storm in 2000 with its innovative and cutting-edge updating of a standard series concept – in this case, the cop show.

Megan Donner returns to the CSI unit in time to work on a jet crash in the Everglades. While searching for survivors, they inexplicably discover a female victim found five miles from the crash site. When the only survivor says the woman opened the plane's hatch in order to commit suicide, Horatio is suspicious. The team must now recreate what happened on that fatal flight, especially when the pieces don't quite fit together. And the only suvivor is the one thet pushes her out of the plane. Then he goes missing then they found him dead in his apartment dead. he had killed himself.
  • I've seen the episode again and again and I am not a fan of the storyline.

7.7
    Yeah sure there's the woman falling out of a plane, but that's not that appealing to me. The only parts that I liked are when Calleigh showed the snake cam to the NTSB guy and the version of Won't Get Fooled Again that played as the theme for this episode only. There's also the fact that Kim Delaney's character kinda' barges in like she owns the place after being gone for six months. I'm with Delko there in that she shouldn't expect to own the place after being gone for half a year...but I'm also with Speed in the fact that she was mourning her husband so give her a break. And the storyline was...I don't know...odd?
  • Golden parachute

A few men fishing in the everglades witness a plane go down. The alligators got to the bodies first. After hours out there they finally found a surviver. A girl was found projected from the plane far away (6 miles) from the secondary scene. Something hit her hand. She was out of her seatbecause she dind't have any friction marks from a seatbelt. Someone tampered with the door. Man says she was popping pills and jumped on the deck. She had a huge dose of pain killer and tried to kill herself. Christina was hanging onto the door. Her shoe hit the fam and brung the plane down.Summer killed himself.
  • Spin-off from CSI and it's not too bad.

Forget the fact this was a spin-off from CSI and that we're already into the fifth season, and this episode isn't so bad, given the fact it was aired when picture quality sucked and this episode was prety good. I liked how Horatio wanted the teams to get their @$$3$ in gear and get to the crash site immediately. He was so much more into the solving the crime bit than he is now.

Heh, heh, bullet girl. Yup ,that's Calleigh alright. I love the banter between Eric and Speed when they have to get the black boxes out of that tub filled with gators. Wonderful way to start a series.
  • Well - second pilot in a way, given that we met the characters in a Las Vegas case as an intro. Plane crash holds a few mysteries.

It's a way to let us know we're all in Miami for sure. A plane crash in the Everglades, swamp diving etc.

It's a spectacular start to the show in terms of effects and it's a big storyline, plus we get to know more about the main characters. Now I do like this show and you don't have to like all the characters or indeed the actors in order to enjoy the stories. Science itself is one of the uncredited characters here and through watching all the CSI series I've learned an awful lot, even if some of the science itself has been condensed or tweaked to make it fit the timescale. Mostly I've learned that you'd be a complete idiot to commit a crime these days!

Characters I like: Khandi Alexander as Alexx. She exudes humanity, and it's a great writing tool to have her talk to the corpses. Calleigh is great, though it took me a long time to get used to her accent (and the way her name was spelled!) Eric & Speed - great middle men, both with their own feelings and roles, but obviously written not to outshine the 'star'.

Characters I have a problem with: Kim Delaney as Megan - I don't know why I have a problem. She just doesn't seem as in the moment as the others.

Then there's Horatio played by David Caruso. I'd love to know whether it was the writers or Caruso who came up with his little gestures and way of speaking. This guy would wear sunglasses in a darkroom! And taking them off and putting them back on again then standing with your hands on your hips is not particuarly acting. Nor is speaking veeeeeeeeeryyyyy slllloooooowwwwwwwllllyyyyyy whilst pausing very significantly.

He's an interesting character, but only in terms of his background (brother, brother's wife etc.) not in terms of himself, and it's interesting that the writers often give him very few words (never mind lines) to say at any one time.

Even the announcers on British TV has taken to advertising upcoming shows with phrases like 'another interesting case for a man who can take of and put on sunglasses like nobody else'.

The story to this one - it's interesting but flawed. Maybe they should have started with something slightly less huge in scope, so that we could have seen them really using correct science all the way through. I do like the way, though, like in all the CSIs that we see the same scenes played out again and again as new pieces of information come up.

Good but too ambitious as a pilot.
  • i thought it was ok

7.4
    i thought it was ok but they could have made it better but they should have dome a better sence in the episode well thats wut i think but wut do you all think of it bu anyways heres the review:

the review:

• too far fetched, but very compelling

7.2
    The way that CSI Miami initiallyu was introduced was pretty good. This is somewhat different here. Even though the pilot is spectacular, and the cast gets a good introduction into the living room, the overall story seems to suffer a little bit.
    The good and bad people seem to be rightfully made and the CFO is a dead person of great character, however the way that the evidence comes into play here is a little far fetched for me. Too many pieces were found and too many of them came through conclusions that you just could not make in a plane crash.
    The initial 'pilot' did a much better job of that.
AMC