CSI: Miami

Grand Prix

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 10, 2003 on CBS

• This episode BLOWS............

Your mind! some one wrote that the qualifying scene was unrealistic which is totally not true. They do run at the same time during qualifying practices. They dont race but they run through like they are. During a pit stop they will run like a normal race pit stop so that they can judge and practice how fast they will be and hone their skills before a race. They race hard and fast and its all about the begamins. You can tell that I am just typing right now cant you. Hi tori how are you doing today. Anyways I just covered 100 words :D
  • Grand Prix

A man at the Grand Prix race is inqulfed in flames. The flames were invisable. The car driver fled and nobody knew where he was. The gas man had some kind of accelerant involved and burned right through the fire resistant gloves. Jimmy's heel print is found on the victimss tool box. Jimmy's racing boot wasn't on the print. The cocky driver was the one at the tool box. The team is at war this itself. The chief has got a burn on his hand. It was proved to be him by his glove. This was an awesome episode. .
  • Implausibly, a fuelman\'s hands catch fire, he recognizes he is on fire but fails to call for assistance. There is a fire hose nearby but no visible effort is made to use it, and he dies.

As a race fan, while I enjoy the scenery and sounds of the bits of race footage, the plot of this episode just falls apart.

The fuelman burning to death with no visible effort being made by anyone to put out the fire makes for an implausible start. Yes, alcohol flames are virtually invisible, perhaps a surprise to the audience, should not be a surprise to the crew themselves. A professional crew would recognize the fire and respond with the fire hose... and then maybe actually notice that it was jammed (but in the episode, noone actually made effort to put out the fire).

But then, to say the fuelman had to be murdered because he saw the crew chief making unauthorized wing adjustments? I would think the crew chief should have been able to make up some reasonable sounding explanation for whatever wing adjustments to make them appear authorized and appropriate... what sort of credibility does a fuelman have with regard to what wing settings are proper anyway?

And so what if the fuelman were to complain to management, it would appear that the team manager was in league with the goals of the crew chief anyway, so he would have sensible reason for action against the fuelman. Let him whine, fuelmen are a dime a dozen, if he\'s a whiner and slow at his job to boot, fire him and replace him.

Death and murder rap complicates change in sponsorship in the end, and predictably so. How would anyone believe that murdering someone would help such a precarious legal and financial matter is beyond me. It would actually be all the more plausible if the guy was murdered for being 0.3 sec too slow on a pitstop and losing $150K of contingency money.
  • Horatio and team investigates a death at a race track. The victim caught fire, but he was a good mechanic, and not likely to make that type of mistake.

7.8
    Never watched the show before. It's entertaining but predictable. The reason I watched the show was because there was a contest going on at the time, interactive TV it would ask you questions about the show as it's going on. You were like an investigator taking part in the show.
    About half way through the show, I figured out who was involved in the crime. Someone said that character didn't have motive, I told them what I thought the motive was. Anyway, later they got one person who did the crime, wasn't my suspect. Then Horatio spoke with my suspect, and did confirm everything I had said. I like crime shows, but when it's just about the crime, I usually figure it way before the end of the show. Still entertaining.