CSI: Miami

Just One Kiss

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 14, 2002 on CBS

• On a beach a man is murdered and a woman is badly beaten, Horatio finds the suspects in the crime are people he's familiar with.

"Just One Kiss" is in my opinion the best episode of the season at this point in the inaugural season. Despite a few small problems I think it worked very well. A problem I have is the episode has a plot that is rather formulaic. You have a very wealthy and prestigious family who everybody knows are not saints. A member or members of the family have committed a very serious crime, but the family is convinced they will get away with it because they have gotten away with just as serious crimes in the past. Nothing we have not seen before. Still despite that I found myself very interested in this story and wondering where it would lead to. Even Kim Delaney was quite good. Meagan Donner seemed much more like a team player and willing to work with Horatio and his team instead of trying to be the boss. This episode made me think that maybe if she had more time on the show that her character could have worked out. However I think with the early episodes the damage had been done. I also actually felt for the characters here, especially for the female victim. I actually said out loud how could anybody treat another person so horribly willing to trade her for a watch. In this episode we saw "CSI: Miami" start to become the great series that it is.
  • this was a good ep i thought

in this ep of csi miami it involves a really wealthy family and they are investgating a murder a man that had his trought cut and a women that was beaten to death and thrown into the water. when they do some investgating it turns out that was not the boy friend that they found with his throat cut they later find his place and go ask him some questions they realize in the photos they saw he was wearing a cheap watch and then remember he had an expensive watch on . they later learn that he got it due to him getting it from a son of the family for a kiss. and when they start to investigate the son things start to happen horeshio knows the father from a case 20 years ago and when they go to search for blood on the walk way to the beach its getting destroyed. except they learn that the father cut the mans throught after seeing him and his son fight but the man trys to excape and the father chases him and cuts his throught and they burn the cloths but the son and father get caught.
  • Just 1 Kiss

A couple is beat while kissing. Someone walks up on them and hits him then rapes and tries to kill her. The guy bled out. The girl lived but barely. The girl had skin on her retainer. The boyfriend wasn't the dead one. The dead boy was someone else. The boyfriends prints were on the champagne bottle found at the crime scene. The skin in the womans retainer had part of a penis. It wasn't the boyfriends DNA. Tyler traded his watch for a kiss. Blood drops were on his dock. The Hamiltons had the guest house demolished. Evidence points to Tyler Hamilton. The nose piece found was Tyler's uncle. Blood was also found on Drake's eyeglasses.
  • A complex case involving a murdered young man, a beaten, possibly raped girl, a 15 year old case that haunted H and a very well-connected family.

A good one that keeps you guessing, about the ultimate denouement if not the actual perpetrators. When a dead young guy turns up on a beach with his throat slit and his face burned, original suspicion falls on the boyfriend of a young woman who has been found a little way away, beaten, possibly raped and left to die. But his presence at a party held at the house of a very prominent Miami family starts to point fingers in some very difficult directions.

The family is headed by a guy Horatio had had a previous run in with in a case that could not be prosecuted because of a lack of evidence - and because the guy had lawyers. Now that his son might be somehow involved, the lawyers start coming out of the woodwork again.

It's a good episode overall, with the usual mix of forensic explanation and discovery and characters doing themselves and each other no favours. The ending is satisfactory for once, though I did think that once the 'perps' had been identified and caught, the explanation of H's old case that he tells to Megan was a little superflous. It would have been stronger done earlier, so that we knew exactly why H was so personally involved.

It's also interesting to see H actually doing some scientific investigation himself, which in later episodes and series he doesn't really do. He's usually the one giving the instructions or standing over the people with the microscopes.

Definitely worth a look.
  • Family who thought that they were above teh law!

A Kennedy like family who thought that they were above
    The law as the team investigates a man who had his throat slit and body washed up off the shore
    As a little girl is left for dead and unconcious as
    She tries to help the team peace together who nearly killed her as well as killed the man in question
    Horatio learns that the family involved he was investigating a case earlier on.