CSI: Miami

Kill Switch

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 07, 2007 on CBS

• Not bad. Good dramatic episode I thought, but still sooooooooooooooo sick of the multi frame, seizure causing bits.

I think we hit an all new record with this episode. I counted at least 9 separate frames, on the screen at once! The writers, or producers seem to think that more frames will make a show better, or more exciting. It just gets more and more and more irritating.

Personally, I wasn't always a huge fan of the Ryan Wolfe character, so if he doesn't come back after this season, I wont be too upset. Maybe if he came back as a beat cop again I wouldn't mind.

I'm not a big fan of Eric either since his head injury... sorry BRAIN injury, which he miraculously recovered from in a very short amount of time. Blegh.

Anyway. This episode wasn't too bad. I hope the season finale is good.
  • Ryan, what were you thinking?

After being fired by Rick Stettler in last weeks episode, I didn't think that Ryan had a prayer in the world of getting back on the team. Even Horatio wasn't willing to take him back. H told Ryan in an earlier episode that he wasn't always going to be able to protect him, and this was definately one of those moments. I'm glad Horatio gave Ryan the chance to hit rock bottom emotionally in order for him to find out what is truly important in life. Ryan taking a job as a crime analyst made perfect sense as he loves being in the spotlight. When he was on the opposite side of the fence, things became different.I was glad that Ryan had the opportunity to see just what a thin line the media walks on in terms of the public's right to know vs.the rights of the victims and criminals. I think that he will be more tight lipped when being questioned by members of the media.

In the end, Ryan managed to swallow whatever pride he had left and asked for his job back. I think that Ryan has learned a valuable lesson and will make every effort to be a more responsible member of the team. Welcome back, Ryan.
  • Jumping the shark

4.5
    Ok these people's personal lives are getting more complicated than the cases they solve. This show is supposed to be about the cases not the people solving them. Hello the show is called CSI. Ryan is getting on my last nerve. I liked him when he first came on but they have written him badly lately.
  • Turn your back one day in the fold the next?

7.1
    I must admit that this episode was a bit better than last weeks' as, in the words of one of the shows' stars, Emily Proctor puts it, "it's the fantasy show." I was a little confused at how one week Ryan was ousted from the CSI team and in that short period of time (tv time maybe) he has landed an on air consulting job. While he is certainly disappointed to have been away from the true love of his work life, he is now providing compromising and simply too much inside information to the general public. His former colleagues are none to happy about this development but by the end of the episode most is forgiven. As is expected H gives a 'classic' line and the impression is that he's on his way back into the fold. Given how serious his offenses were last week and the fact that it resulted in him losing his job (where was H then?), I was surprised that things are now on their way to being 'cool.' Was H simply teaching Ryan a lesson by giving him the impression that he was being hung out to dry? Or was H also testing his character? Either way, Ryan and the gang may not be a part for too long.
  • One of the best of the season

I have to agree and say this was one of
    The best shows of the season if not the best
    One as Ryan takes a job at a tv station in
    Which his friends felt betrayed. But then you knew that he
    Would be coming back as H would do everything and even
    Perhaps break all the rules to get him back regardless of
    What IAB would do!
  • Great Episode, One of the best this season.

This episode starts off with a car jacking that occurs to a female. Then Wolfe has a new job as a news reporter and shows this mans face all over the new doing his CSI work. The episode then shows many twist to the dead mans life. He was found on the beach dead. This episode also had Wolfe realizing that he is a born cop and will do anything to get his job back, so he helps with a crime. I cant wait till next week when a CSI will go down and i hope it is not someone i like.
  • Huge surprise.

The best is when they show you stuff in the beginning of the episode, after that many things happen, and in the end, everything seems different. Not like it's okay to steal someone's car for whatever reason, but you know what I mean. This was all very well written. But the most surprising wasn't the investigation, it was Ryan. I totally believed that he had no chance of coming back. If I had known he had a chance, I would have bet he was gonna take it, but that wouldn't have been a surprise, would it.
  • Ryan's back with us normal people yay !!!

I'm really glad they did this episode because Ryan really need to hit the bottom to understand !!! I loved how they did the end with him talking about being a cop and all the mistakes he's done i think that's why he needed to grown up !!! very great episode the case was awesome, It wasn't Ryan's fault like everyone thought he actually helped a lot the others and that was great !! The scene with eric was hilarious i think he was looking for a moment like this to take revenge on Ryan !!! Now what we all want to know is what the hell is going on with Cake??? Eric better fight for what he want because from what i've seen Jake is gonna be around for a while !!!
    Miami did great this week again i'm sad that it ends so soon !!!
  • EEE!!! Ryan!

Oh my, in the fight for Calleigh's love, looks like Cake has taken the lead this episode with Hip-Hugger following close behind and DuCaine and CaRWash tying for last. I really liked this episode. Looks like Ryan has taken Erika's job. At least he wasn't annoying about it like she was. Although the suit is so not for him. It looks really horrible and it reminds me of the suit he wore last episode.

The scene between Ryan and Calleigh was a little sad. Poor guy, you know, he really should have picked a different job to take. Lol, for once I agree with Natalia: Get away from the camera. The scene with Eric and Ryan was....goofy. I think it was cool that Ryan spotted something the others didn't. Pity he can't take credit for it, although, I think this was Eric mini-revenge for when Ryan tried to take credit for the gun Eric found at the bottom of a pond/

I wonder if Ryan ever told Horatio what was up? This was a good episode. The way they twisted it from a simple carjacking to a drug stealing plot was really interesting. I felt bad for the camera guy. I would hate to get ANYTHING stuck in a steel trap like that. At least Ryan handled it fairly well and didn't try to get the thing open.