CSI: Miami

Last Stand

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2011 on CBS

• When The Mala Noche Returns With Killing Law Enforcement, Horatio And The Team Must Piece Every Possible Clue To Find Memmo.

"Last Stand" is an excellent thriller from the beginning to the end. It was so much better than "Manhunt". The episode works in many ways because it has a razor sharp script, investigation and intense shoot-outs throughout the episode. The opening scene is just epic and it will catch your attention. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole time because the episode had many surprising twists. I'm glad about the end of Memmo saga. Let's hope that the writers won't do the same mistake by bringing Memmo to many seasons as the writers of the original CSI made the mistake with Haskell by bringing him for three seasons. The episode would have hit the bullseye if there were some music in the end. A really great episode.
  • Further fallout from Horatio's terrible decision

In "Manhunt", Horatio lets multiple murderer Memmo escape rather than let him be shot in front of his daughter. That cost an innocent cab driver his life.

In this episode, several other people die because of Horatio's decision. Some of them are members of Memmo's gang, so perhaps no great loss, but a policeman and a public defender are also killed.

As I said in my review of "Manhunt", Horatio should have lost his badge for letting Memmo escape. It was an unbelievably poor decision, and one wonders what the writers were thinking when they wrote this.

Innocent people died because of Horatio. The only thing we get is a setup for a one on one confrontation between Horatio and Memmo. I hope all those innocent people dying was worth it to sooth your ego, Horatio.
  • Very happy about the ending although the episode did lack a bit of action.

I would have wanted this to be a bit longer, sure they've chased Memmo now for a while but still; explosions maybe, gun fights, a few injuries among the team (not fatal) would have been great to see. It would have added to the suspense and the action and I missed seeing that. It's not that I wish for the team to be hurt because it's fun but because it keeps you on the edge of the seat and I think it would have been a good way to really show how difficult it could have been to catch Memmo and how crazy he can be.

It seemed a little too simple to trick Memmo on to the boat and catch him. He really didn't think at all and Memmo doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would go on a boat alone, when he knows the police are looking for him.

However, I do like the fact that Horatio didn't kil him when he had the chance; that would have been evil and Horatio had already done enough vigilante stuff. Memmo deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life.
    I love the small talk in the end and it sure was a sunny, beautiful day.
  • 9x13

obviously, it was thousand times better than the first part "9x04 manhunt" which I consider is one of the worst episodes in the entire show, at the beginning I thought it was going to be bad too but I was wrong, I really enjojed this episode, I know it was kinda flawed but at the same time it was full of action and interesting scenes like the lawyer´s murder and the shooting near the turism bus, the only thing I did not like was the ending scene, to predictable for me, but it maybe marks the end of memmo´s saga forever P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in english, please forgive my mistakes
AMC