CSI: Miami

Miami, We Have a Problem

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 08, 2010 on CBS

• A man falls out of the sky and becomes a medical mystery, involving decompression, space flight, and four men in a tub.

Well, I just finished watching this episode. While an interesting episode in the sense of taking it to space. I found the entire premise behind it so laughable as being silly.

A micrometeor dings up the new age spacecraft (that is basically a mock-up lear jet), which ruptures a small O2 cannister which carries their precious oxygen. Instead of scrubbing the mission, they decide that this is a situation of lots of mouth breathing, firing a gun inside a spacecraft and basically a lot of further inanity, such as ejecting 1/3 of their oxygen by violently decompressing the airlock.

While a workable formula, I found the entire episode to have more in tune with science fiction than science fact. The science was also heavily off with a lot of things. So, if you want to watch an entertaining episode on the death of space tourism, this might be for you. If you want anything more than music, imagery, and some zero G shots then this would be a definite pass.
AMC