CSI: Miami

On The Hook

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 21, 2010 on CBS

• 9x07

this chapter in my opinion was entertaining but at the same time it was flawed, for me, the beginning scene was brilliant and the shooting at the lab was a very good scene too, i also liked the twist about who really was the bad guy here, but, i have to say that there were some things i didn´t like here, for example that weird weapon , it was very unreallistic, however, i think that this chapter is not a brilliant chapter but it doesn´t deserves this bad grades.

P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in English, please forgive my mistakes
  • Running out of steam ...

Even though I still watch all three versions of CSI each week, Miami is just getting worse even with all the pretty colours.

CSI Miami really is the third out of three. CSI is routinely interesting and well acted as is CSI New York. Miami is just badly acted by a group of uninteresting actors playing uninteresting characters, with the possible exceptions of Jonathan Togo and Emily Procter. I think more back stories for all concerned would be a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure just how realistic all of this is but it seems to me that the suspects, even the innocent ones are treated with disdain right from the get go. I completely dislike Rex Linn and his constant guilty before proven innocent Frank Tripp routine. Adam Rodriguez gets to come back just because his career in prime time comedy did not work out replacing the much more talented and interesting Eddie Cibrian. And why in the previous week's episode was he hired out as security at a reality show love in? Probably just bad plot manipulation. David Caruso's Horatio Caine is actually a bit better this year but just how is it possible for him to be able to judge a runner's trail so that he can jump out and point his trusty gun at the most opportune moment?

The most annoying and unrealistic element with CSI Miami is how is it possible to solve a crime in just a single day? That is just nonsensical.

I will continue to tune in but sure hope the interest and intrigue quotient steps up soon.
  • It's not everyday Horatio gets physical with a criminal!

It was nice to see Eric go back to his speciality which is diving and searching for evidence underwater, it's been a while since he did that. Same goes for Horatio processing evidence himself, it's been a while since that too and it's a nice reminder that he is actually a CSI. I missed Natalia in this episode though, but it did feel as if all the other charachters were given the same amount of screen time which is always nice!

As for the case; well, I liked how the victim AKA bookie switched from being this innocent guy right after being shot at and having no idea whatsoever about who could have wanted him dead and then become this arrogant @ss when the team found out about his little secret. And of course I loved it (although in real life it's not okay to do it and I don't support police brutiality) when Horatio threw Perkins out the window! It reminds of the child molested that he beat up or at least it seemed like he did (we never really found out about that). Overall, great episode! I have seen better, but also worse and I think the Miami writers did a good job this week as well as great acting from the cast!
AMC