CSI: Miami

Sinner Takes All

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 06, 2011 on CBS

• great episode

Great writing, great directing, and what I liked most is great animation, as always. Interesting that we have this 'subway trail' in our anatomy. Wow, how the bullet travelled from the waist up to the neck! whew! who could have thought of that? They mystery of the killer held till the end. It wasn't obvious at all, though I had an idea that the masked thief was the bystander taking pictures -- simply because he was given some lines haha... But who asked him to rob the game was mystery to the end. Good episode.

• Horatio and the team investigate a robbery/homicide at an illegal high stakes poker game.

"Sinner Takes All" is a good episode of CSI: Miami. However a number of problems prevent me from giving the episode a higher score. The most significant one is Emmy winner Drea DeMatteo. Her performance just did not work here. Her dialogue was just too cornball to be taken seriously. Her performance was nothing to speak of either. She is quite capeable of good acting. Her time on The Sopranos proves that. I also found that the rest of the poker players were screaming cliche. The ruthless movie producer, the big time actor who's deeply in debt and the rap mogul living the champagne lifestyle. While this episode is not horrible. It has too many problems to be one I would highly recommend.

WLNY-2