CSI: NY

A Daze Of Wine And Roaches

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 21, 2007 on CBS

• Bugs and people trapped in guillotines... Just another day in New York.

*The opera music at the beginning freaked me out momentarily. For a second, I thought my CBS station had screwed up and was airing Murder Sings the Blues again! I was about ready to cry!

*That whole guillotine thing was freaky. FREAKY. And did anyone else get ticked because a) they thought Simone was going to be beheaded and she wasn't and b) everyone kept mispronouncing 'guillotine'? Or was that just me?

*No one was half naked! YAY! Is that a record? A whole episode and not one half-naked person?

*Dude. Flack's tie was just hideous.

*They totally stole my diplomatic immunity idea! Who rocks? This girl.

*Gerard is a tool. I don't like him. However, I suspect that his new promotion will mean he's going to be around a lot more.

*Every time the scene switched, I went, "D/L!"

*"Good to be back." - Hey, at least they acknowledged that she was gone. That's something, right? No long, drawn-out explanation, but a little something is better than absolutely ignoring the fact that she was gone for three weeks. Especially since, while she was gone, they acted like she never even existed.

*Flack knows wine? Priceless! I love episodes where Flack actually knows something, because usually they make him look kind of clueless.

*Danny's comment about his favorite type of wine being beer... Did he NOT order a bottle for him and Lindsay the night they were supposed to have dinner? And when Lindsay said, "Danny's knowledge of wine is the house chianti," how does she know that? ;) Just a little something to think about.

*"My favorite kind of wine is beer."
    "Screwed to death."
    "What exactly was this chef cooking last night?"
    Oh, Danny, I love you.

*It's great to see D/L back in top form. I wasn't expecting any kind of 'romantic' gestures between the two of them, but I was very pleased to see a return to the friendly, flirtatious banter that was present most of S2. That, I think, is the true dynamic of their relationship, and the fact that TPTB have gone back to that shows that, whatever happened in Montana after they faded to black in 318 made sure that Danny and Lindsay made long strides into repairing their relationship after all that *ahem* unnecessary angst.

May I just say... SQUEE!

*Lindsay's face when she realized that she was holding an emerald was priceless.

*They got new evidence envelopes I see. They're white, and they say DNA. Remember the plain old manilla envelopes?

*The blood on Hawkes's gloves was enough to run a tox screen? Seriously?

*Dude... Lindsay is totally checking Danny out in the scene where she explains the cockroach. Totally. I caught at least two instances of her sneaking a peek. *giggles* I love it. LOVE IT! Plus, the frequent glances they exchange... Eye sex, baby. Pure and simple. No more of this avoiding each other - they're looking at each other full on. Do or die. D/L OR BUST!

*The touching of the small of his back is such an intimate gesture. I had a mad gigglefit after that little bit. It's so little, but it's SO MUCH, too. She could have touched his shoulder. She didn't have to touch him at all. But she did. That says a lot.

*I love how Danny adopts an accent when he says 'Montana'. It's cute because it's kind of a twang, and I don't know if that's really how they talk in Montana, but the fact that he was doing that... I don't know, maybe it was an indication of how long he was there?

*The D/L interaction is BACK, baby! Now just give me a scene like this - one scene, all I'm asking - every week, and I'm set!

*Okay, Mac seriously broke some protocol. You'd think Gerard would have, I don't know, put up a bit more of a fight. Especially considering his attitude in 311 and the beginning of this episode. Also, isn't he technically Mac's boss now? I'm just saying. And, actually, this isn't the first time Mac has broken protocol. And for a Marine, who's so by-the-book, that seems a little, I don't know, out of character? Or is that just me?

*Wouldn't you notice the blood spatter on Cooper's hand right away? I mean, that right there is an indication of murder, but he's been in the morgue two days.

*"We're not all beer and buffalo burgers, Messer." And OH MY GOD, THAT SMILE!!! I JUST ABOUT DIED!!! It's a total, 'that's my girl'-type smile, too. He's all giggly over his Montana. I so need a cap of that.

*By the way, I love that he's back to calling her Montana. I kind of missed it this season. He usually called her Lindsay, except once or twice.

*When they're talking about the labels and she just walks away, he goes, "Well, let me know!" It reminded me of 214, when he follows the trail of glue into the club and she just goes, "Okay, bye!" So funny.

*Danny said 'boom'. Twice. In one scene.

*Oy with the puns already. Seriously... They're a BIT out of hand.

*There are three types of tears? Are you kidding me?

This is where I stopped taking notes, so I have to go on memory.

*EW. BUGS. NO BUGS. BUGS ARE BAD. That was just creepy. Creepy creepy CREEPY.

*Lindsay had a gun! I love seeing Lindsay with a gun, you almost never see her with one.

*I loved loved LOVED the expression on Danny's face when he's like, "You killed this guy over a cockroach?" It was just the perfect Danny WTF face. I so need a cap of that, too.

*Oh... So the bodyguard dude did it? But it was really the little girl's fault? Whatever.... D/L IS BACK!!

Did I say enough? Did I squee enough? That episode was just... I can't even really describe it. It feels to me like NY is finally FINALLY back on form! After 304 I felt the quality of the episodes slipping a bit, and maybe it was because of the lack of Anna or what, but now I think it's getting back to the way it used to be.