CSI: NY

Admissions

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 30, 2008 on CBS

• An excellent case driven episode!

This was a great episode that centered on two major cases rather than the ongoing personal drama. I have to admit, I am a Danny and Lindsey fan, but I do need a bit of a break. I missed the twisted and more than slightly sick cases that made me a fan of CSI:NY in the first place. At first, the case of a teacher murdered at an elite prep school's prom was more politically charged than it was sick, but as the evidence was gathered the more twists appeared. At first, it looked as though the victim may have played a criminal part in his own death but then the facts showed that even though he was no demure schoolteacher he was trying to do right by a victimized student - and that's what led to his death. The curveball came when we learned more about the killer/rapist/student/30-year old sexual predator. It was frightening the way that he and his "father" had utilized their criminal talents to prey on unsuspecting female students and were not just unapologetic about their crimes, they were proud of their ingenuity. Just when you thought that was it for the surprises, Mac's boss, whose daughter was victimized by the ruthless pair walks into the interrogation room and shoots the younger one between the eyes. Whoa.
    I also liked that they kept the Cabbie Killer thread going. I do like the carryover cases that aren't solved in just one episode and you have to wait to see how it plays out. With a suspect dying in police custody and a Cabbie Serial Killer on the loose, Mac's gonna have his hands full. Can't wait 'til the next one.