CSI: NY

And Here's To You, Mrs. Azrael

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 15, 2006 on CBS

• The CSI's investigate a difficult case involving a young girl who was killed days after a near-fatal car accident. The story also revolves around Dr. Sheldon Hawkes previous job and experience.

I realize that the CSI's border on the brink of pure fiction in some of their hypothetical story lines, but this one was too hard to believe it would actually happen. Also it was clear to me immediately who killed the victim just based on the first scene showing the two mothers hugging after the death. One was clearly calm, almost smug, while the other was left speechless to the incident. Trying to believe that a mother could mistakenly kill her own child is too far-fetched. I realize that her face was damaged from the car accident, but there is no way I can believe that other aspects of the daughters body would not be obvious to her mom, her friend's mom, and her boyfriend. Seriously? I cannot believe all of the reviewers who thought this was a good episode. CSI: New York is my favorite of the CSI franchise, but if this is how naive they are going to treat me when writing plots, then I will have to stop watching.

On the plus side you do get to learn about Dr. Hawkes previous work, and why he became a CSI. Other than that I take nothing positive from this epispde. Hopefully they will redeem themselves with the next episode.