CSI: NY

Damned If You Do

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 08, 2010 on CBS

• One of the best cases ever!

For a moment I thought that the case would never be solved, the evidence wasn't there for their two suspects and then that one little piece of evidence brought the team to the real killer. I like cases that make you guess all the time and that make you wonder how in the world they team is going to solve the case.

I also loved the scene where Adam got to play the polygraph expert, Adam was really good at acting in that scene and so cute with the glasses on!

As for the how the case turned out, the moment Lindsay revealed some important evidence about the killer's past it was easy to guess his motive, which in the end only caused him from going straight back to jail. Sad, how a person can just throw their life away like that and not even manage to take their anger out on the right person.

In the end; very good episode and a very good case!

Okay, so this episode was worth watching, it was interesting, good case from the get go, solid acting (although Sela Ward needs to stop standing there with a mischievous look on her face and actually try to pay attention) but I cannot give it a high score because it is still a slow-moving show. Too many of these scenes could have been cut out and CSI: NY needs to work on 44 minutes of quality, not 33. The opening scene with the slow-motion dancing went on for too long though. That is something that they tried to be new and different with, but let's chalk it up as a failure.
  • Review. Spoilers.

It was an interesting case.
    Mac tries to communicate with a woman beaten within an inch of her life before she is rushed to a hospital. She points at her son's photo identifying him as the attacker. It seems that everything is clear but in the end the team finds out that someone else is responsible. Very absorbing story with a twist.
    In this episode it's also revealed why Jo left the FBI. She discovered that her colleague destroyed a document detailing his mistake. She clearly doesn't completely trust anyone now, even Mac. Adam was great as a polygraph expert. His conversation with Owen was very amusing. Same as Flack's dialogue with Danny while he was in the sewer:)
  • Mac and the team investigate a gruesome case in which a husband and wife are brutally beaten as they lay asleep in their bed and left for dead. The sole survivor of the attack, the wife, identifies the attacker to Mac: her own son.

"CSI: NY" has started the season on the right note. This episode worked on so many levels. It has a great and very compelling story. I found myself hooked from the very beginning. Sela Ward has done a nice job of settling into the show. Her idea to trick the Rikers Island prisoner into admitting that he lied to help a fellow prisoner is a high point of this episode. AJ Buckley deserves some credit too in that particular scene. The only problem I have is the old formula plot device in which the victim's son is accused. Great episode.
  • 7x03 The old CSI NY has came back!!!

after a very bad season (I mean season 6), I think that this one is oging to be great, I loved the last two episodes, for me, they have been very convincent.

In this one I really could´t predict what was going to happen, the case was solved in a very interesting way, definitively this is one of the best cases in the last times, it reminds me those good episodes we saw in season two, three or four that in my opinion, were the best seasons of the show.

I also loved the beginning scene, the use of PNL, mixing the party with the music and the crime scene, it was brilliant, I think I´m receiving a good season after two years because I didn´t like season 5 nor season 6, but this one looks like be great with episodes like these.

P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in english, please forgive my mistakes