CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

603 Lat-40-degrees-47-minutes-n-long-73-degrees-58-minutes-w (possible Spoilers

lynna12000

[21]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 21
    Well, the retro thing is pretty 'hip' these days. Maybe the wife really liked the '60's stuff.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JoeyDC83

[22]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 7

This episode was definitely better than the previous two. No doubt! I liked the scary theme and the retro looking house the killer lived in. I was also wondering if his gf/wife is pure imagination or real. I guess he was just imagining her. The storyline was good, and I also enjoyed the beginning competition between Adam and the new tech girl. I don't know why, but she'd be perfect as Hawkes gf, because they both seem so smart. It's about time Hawkes gets his shot too . And I had to smile when Hawkes said something like: "The hot girl..." I'm not really used hearing that from his character so that was something new and unexpected.

Flack with beard looks just as horrible as Danny with his! That's really a big NO GO and I guess they are just trying to show everyone how much he is still suffering from the death of Angell. I still can't believe they cut her out. Those two were perfect for each other! I enjoyed Stella's line: "He used to shave every day!" Well, let's hope he'll get back there soon again . I don't mind his casual look though.

boom-moo

[23]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 75
    I really liked the episode. The case is very intriguing and I like having all the time putting efforts together It was cute seeing how Flack was closer to Angell's family than I thought, and Stella being worried about him. 10 months after and Flack is still grieving a lot. One really feels like squishy hugging him to bits.

Both Mac and Adam called Hawkes 'Doc', and Adam and Hawkes greeting each other with that knuckle thing... I like those little things that bring them closer together. Anyone caught on Hawkes' leather bracelet? I don't recall having seen him anything like that before. Must be a present from Danny

I keep hating Haylen, no news in that department I was meh at Hawkes calling her hottie and being that excited to have her around. Apparently she is just gonna be around part time and twice a month so whatever.

Lucy is 10 months old now, so some 8-9 months have gone by since 6x01, cause that one happened a month after the shooting. Danny has been on his chair for a long time indeed, I'm sorry for him but sounds like TPTB are not giving him super healing pills to have him on his foot in no time which is good. However, Haylen tells Mac that they meat a couple of weeks ago (that being again 6x01) so tsk, tsk, TPTB, messing up your timing there?

jordinajamaica

[24]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 42
    I think the timeline is slightly different.... Lindsay was working part time in 5x24 so that meant that Lucy was at least 2 or 3 months old (Lucy smiled and babies don't do that until they are like 2 months old)... More or less that means that when the shooting happened she was already 3 months old ergo 4 months when 6x01... 6 months after Danny is still in the wheelchair.
    Anyways Haylen's quore was out of the timeline for sure!!

boom-moo

[25]Oct 8, 2009
    Taking into account that she was born being 2-3 months old...

jordinajamaica

[26]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 42
    boom-moo wrote:
    Taking into account that she was born being 2-3 months old...

Yeah, more or less!!

boom-moo

[27]Oct 8, 2009
    Maybe after all the time matches Go TPTB!

DaisyBeetle

[28]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    I liked this episode. But the previews kinda threw me off - what the heck? My mom and I were confused - thinking that the previews would relate to the unfinished case. Anyway, other than that I liked it but Danny PLEASE shave!!

MelissaZaf

[29]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 14

DaisyBeetle wrote:
    I liked this episode. But the previews kinda threw me off - what the heck? My mom and I were confused - thinking that the previews would relate to the unfinished case. Anyway, other than that I liked it but Danny PLEASE shave!!

I was thinking the same thing! You also forgot to mention Flack, but at least, Stella noticed. Am I the only one who is annoyed by the "cute but evil" blonde girl? What's her name again? I'm sorry, but I just don't see her place. Possible romance for Adam? Maybe?

I have noticed that starting with the episode before, CSI:NY is focusing more on the psychological traits of the killer than the usual technology stuff. It feels almost like a Criminal Minds episode mixed with smart and no nonsense scientists. I'm not saying that's a bad thing though...

Anyway, I was so sad when Flack didn't go to the dinner. It's going to be a while before he can really move on. Last, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm not into Lindsay and Danny together anymore. It used to be intriguing and exciting back then, but I almost don't want to watch them. Maybe it's because I wasn't a Lindsay fan in the first place, I just got interested in her as soon as Danny did. Overall, very creepy and well written episode. Let's see what they have in store for us next week.

boom-moo

[30]Oct 8, 2009
    MelissaZaf wrote:
    Am I the only one who is annoyed by the "cute but evil" blonde girl? What's her name again?
    You are not alone there, I'd really hate it if she would get involved with Hawkes, he seemed enchanted with her She is called Haylen, by the way. And yeah, one can tell Emmanuelle was fired because of budget issues... guess they had to cover the new fancy lab sets (EDNA samples, was it?) and the blonde bimbo

GrandviewEagles

[31]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    So I thought this episode was good. I didn't like the ending so much but hey, it works right? I loved when Adam called Haylen a cute but evil job-stealing blonde. Scruffy Flack was unbelievably gorgeous! I'm loving Flack in casual clothes. I'm glad Flack at least went to Angell's house. I also loved that they showed the "Game" scene. Is the same person playing Cliff Angell that played him in Pay Up? One thing... Didn't the newspaper that announced Jess's death say that Jess was born in February? It definately didn't seem like February to me. For one thing they weren't wearing coats. Plus since when is Lucy 10 months old? That was a quick 10 months! lol

boom-moo

[32]Oct 8, 2009
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    One thing... Didn't the newspaper that announced Jess's death say that Jess was born in February? It definately didn't seem like February to me. For one thing they weren't wearing coats.
    It said whe was born on September 2nd, 1981. She died on May 20th, 2009. It is inconsistent with her bday happening in some days time though.

mamunn2

[33]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    OK Great episode I am so glad that I'm not the only one bothered by Flack not shaving or Lucy being 10 months old all of a sudden. I really hope that Flack isn't the next target 'cause that's the feeling I got.

rhylee71

[34]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    Jess's birthday was Feb 9th 1981.. She died May 20th 2009. In last nights episode the date was noted as Oct 7th 2009...So her birthday is off by 8 months. lol

Dakotagirl823

[35]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 23

Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't been around much but life just happens.

I REALLY REALLY loved this episode. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that Gary and Skeet didn't have any scenes together. They worked together in a film called Albino Alligator back in the late nineties so it would have been great to see them work together in at least one scene. Skeet's character is quite interesting and I'm very curious to learn why he's so hung up on things associated with the 1960's. Judging from the ending, I'm sure he'll be back soon (hopefully during the November sweeps).

I loved Don with a beard, Danny less so. I found the scene with Don watching Jessica's family though the window was quite poignent. Grief is personal and it was interesting to see Jessica's family honor her memory with laughter. I think the more he watched them the more he realized that he too, needs to find a way to honor her memory. One thing I will say is that I'm pleased that the writers haven't had Don engage in any distructive behavior as a way of dealing with Jessica's death.

As far as Haylon goes, who's evil spawn is she? She seemed to know that finding such a small piece of evidence in the elevator would certainly put her on Mac's radar and it paid off with Mac hiring her. I don't see her as a love interest for Adam-only someone who has her sights set on his job.

The one thing that really did bug me about this episode was the fact that it is now 10 months since the first episode of the season-judging from the fact that Lucy is now an active 10 month old. I did watch Criminal Minds and I also noticed that the writers were taking liberties with Rossi's age-which really got on my nerves. While I can handle tiny inconsistancies in the time line of a show, big ones prove to me that the writers don't care about already established history of a show and instead think that the audience won't care if they substitute their own verion of a shows history.

Edited on 10/08/2009 3:04pm

GrandviewEagles

[36]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    rhylee71 wrote:
    Jess's birthday was Feb 9th 1981.. She died May 20th 2009. In last nights episode the date was noted as Oct 7th 2009...So her birthday is off by 8 months. lol

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. I'm so confused now! lol

tonyandzivafan

[37]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 41
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    Scruffy Flack was unbelievably gorgeous!

Glad I am not the only one that thinks this.

And the death of his wife could have been the trigger. I'm CM watcher, and call the possible suspects unsubs!!! And I think the building is one that is abandonded. The broken window that Skeet's character looked out. It also might explain the decor. While retro might be cool, that place almost looked like a set years ago. I lamost expected it to shot in black and white or sepia.

boom-moo

[38]Oct 8, 2009
    rhylee71 wrote:
    Jess's birthday was Feb 9th 1981.. She died May 20th 2009.
    Sorry true, us Europeans put the day first then the month so I stated it in the reverse way.

coolceruleanblu

[39]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 26
    I am pretty positive that his wife is dead, as well. Pretty sure of it.

princessleia77

[40]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 26

Did anyone else feel that Melina's acting was very unconvincing in the first scene. Every line had the same inflection and didn't sound natural.

Regarding Lucy being 10 months old: that means she had to be around 8.5 months in last season's finale. She wasn't shown in that episode, so it's possible that there was a large jump in time between the Greek antiquities episode and the finale. However, we know that this week's episode takes place in October because it said so on the post mark on the envelope Mac received. That would mean that Lucy was born in December which obviously isn't the case. Lindsay was still pregnant in that episode where the coach's body was wrapped up in leftover Christmas wrapping paper.

It would have made much more sense to say that Lucy is 6 or 7 months old. I.e. she was born in March or April, the shooting took place in late August, the season premiere one month later in late September, and this episode 2 weeks later like Haylen said.