CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

603 Lat-40-degrees-47-minutes-n-long-73-degrees-58-minutes-w (possible Spoilers

boom-moo

[41]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 75
    The sooting took place on May 20th, that's when Angell died.

The timing is absolutely off no matter how we look at itl The episode takes place in October 7th according to the envelope Mac gets. However Angell was born in February and they are supposed to be just days apart from it. Also 6x01 happened happened in June, one month after the shooting. We saw Lindsay rocking a baby Lucy back then. 2 episodes afterwards she is 10 months, however Hayley tells Mac they first met a couple of weeks ago... TPTB totally messed it up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FoxPhile

[42]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 8

I don't think we can take Hayley's comment about "a couple of weeks" literally. Strictly speaking, "couple" means two. But in common speech, people (at least Americans) often use "couple" to mean few or even several, or simply an indeterminate number. Hayley could just as easily mean six to eight weeks or more when she says "couple".

If you see it that way, then the shooting could still have been in May, the premiere in June and this episode in early October. But if Jess' b-day is February, that's still way off.

If the only issues of continuity that TPTB mess up are a few dates, and time slips of a few weeks or even a few months, that doesn't bother me. I'm glad that Flack is so obviously grieving. I'm glad that Danny's recovery is taking some time. I'm glad that Lucy isn't suddenly five years old (yet). I would like to see more fallout from the Stella/Adam tryst - if only a bit of them being slightly uncomfortable around each other. I would like to see something come out of Flack shooting the perp in last season's finale - if only a discussion between he and Danny. Come to that, I'd like to see more interaction between Flack and Danny! They used to go to games together, shoot pool at bars and shoot hoops. I don't think we've even seen them together at all this season. Granted, they both may be a bit preoccupied.

boom-moo

[43]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 75
    FoxPhile wrote:
    If the only issues of continuity that TPTB mess up are a few dates, and time slips of a few weeks or even a few months, that doesn't bother me.
    I agree that I prefer a million times over how well they are doing with plotlines continuity. But 5x25 is not that far away, they should try a bit harder. The are professional writers after all. Licenses can be taken for the sake of drama, but sometimes it is a bit too much

danharr

[44]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode I wasn't excited about another over the top prolific serial killer but Skeet Ulric brought it home great performance on his part and Flack still trying to deal with his girlfriends loss added to the drama. Like how Danny's on going recovery is being dealt with and yea the new hottie as Hawkins put it will bring some fun tension with mr scared he will loose his job at anytime and eye candy to boot a win win.