CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Anna Belknap pregnant

sugah66

[1]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    It has been confirmed by Celebrity Babies that Anna Belknap and her husband, Eric Siegel, are expecting their first child sometime this winter. Congratulations to them both!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sugah66

[2]Nov 1, 2006
    My guess is that TPTB will make Lindsay go back to Montana to deal with her past for a few episodes, while Anna is on maternity leave.

squint85

[3]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    sugah66 wrote:
    My guess is that TPTB will make Lindsay go back to Montana to deal with her past for a few episodes, while Anna is on maternity leave.

talk about great timing!!! lol... it so fits the story...

and she can like have the baby & do "that miracle thing" that celebs do...

and be back in a month!!!!
    Edited on 11/01/2006 11:51am
    Edited 2 total times.

numb3rschick

[4]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    Great idea Sugah. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. If they choose to keep her in New York, I expect she will have some sort of breakdown and is forced to work in the lab until she can handle the crime scenes. That gives the old standby desks, tables, etc. to hide behind.

CSI_Fiona

[5]Nov 1, 2006

numb3rschick wrote:
    Great idea Sugah. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. If they choose to keep her in New York, I expect she will have some sort of breakdown and is forced to work in the lab until she can handle the crime scenes. That gives the old standby desks, tables, etc. to hide behind.

Lindsay wouldn't like that! Remember in Manhatten Manhunt?

The idea is good one. Maybe Danny will have to go with her...

I told my Mum this and she recons they should kill Lindsay off (Gasp) but she doesn't like Lindsay so who cares what her opinions worth?

squint85

[6]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    they wouldn't do that... they killed off aden... there not going to do it agen!!!!

city_girl_129

[7]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    wow, i didn't even know Anna was married. aw, but that's awesome for her!

that would explain the baggy shirts they've had her wear this entire season so far. ^_^

TPTB wouldn't kill Lindsay, especially not right after making the D/L ship canon. plus we have still yet to find out what the secret is that motivated her to become a CSI.

always_mandy

[8]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 24
    Congrats to her husband and her!
    I like Sugah's theory, of Lindsay going back to Montana and dealing with what she must. Killing Lindsay off is not an option.

sugah66

[9]Nov 1, 2006

THEY WON'T KILL LINDSAY. They wouldn't do that. Vanessa Ferlito wanted to leave, and that's why they eventually killed off Aiden.

I'm hoping they'll try and film as much as they can before Anna leaves to have the baby, and that way she won't be gone for too many episodes.

Edited because I made TPTB sound like murderers. Anyone who read my unedited post will understand.

Edited on 11/01/2006 2:47pm

lostfantom

[10]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 1

What i would like to see is Lindsay at work as usual for as long as possible-- what a fun time the writers will have coming up w/ crimes scenes w/ plenty of things for Anna to hide behind!  Train wreck, car dealership, Sam's Club...

Then, when it is better for the series film schedule, (& more importantly, Anna's health) Lindsay suddenly returns to MT.  She leaves a note to Danny not to follow her, which he doesn't for several episodes.

When Anna's ready to return, the show could focus on Danny's feelings about Linds.  He will realize he can't wait any longer, so he shows up at her dad's door & helps her work through her drama.

suzpsycho

[11]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 14

Nice idea Fantom!  Sugah, I definitely agree with you that TPTB wouldn't kill Anna's character off.  She is too popular and the Danny/Lindsay storyline is a big one.

Congratulation to her and her husband!! 

sugah66

[12]Nov 1, 2006

squint85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

My friend Blue has the theory that they actually concocted the whole Lindsay past backstory thing that's going on this season because Anna was pregnant. He feels that's why they pushed the ship so early, so that they would have a reason to send Lindsay away for a few eps and let Anna go on leave.

I have to say, it makes sense.

Depending on when exactly she is due, we don't know how long she'll be gone. And of course, her health and the health of the baby is important. But I hope that a lot of the episodes can be filmed before she leaves. I think they should just film her scenes now, and then film the rest later.

suzpsycho

[13]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 14
    sugah66 wrote:

squint85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

My friend Blue has the theory that they actually concocted the whole Lindsay past backstory thing that's going on this season because Anna was pregnant. He feels that's why they pushed the ship so early, so that they would have a reason to send Lindsay away for a few eps and let Anna go on leave.

Depending on when exactly she is due, we don't know how long she'll be gone. And of course, her health and the health of the baby is important. But I hope that a lot of the episodes can be filmed before she leaves. I think they should just film her scenes now, and then film the rest later.

This makes a lot of since. They have kind of pushed the ship to the front rather quickly. Thank your friend for the idea, and of course, thank you Sugah!

city_girl_129

[14]Nov 1, 2006
    sugah66 wrote:

squint85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:
    My guess is that TPTB will make Lindsay go back to Montana to deal with her past for a few episodes, while Anna is on maternity leave.

i was thinking the same thing, about Lindsay's past and all.

don't they film several episodes around the same time, before the season premiere? i don't think they film the week before every episode, at least. a couple weeks back, New York got a whole bunch of snow, but the CSI:NY ep that week had absolutely no sign of snow. all the characters had short sleeves on (except lindsay, who wore a jacket--and now we know why).

sugah66

[15]Nov 1, 2006

city_girl_129 wrote:
    don't they film several episodes around the same time, before the season premiere? i don't think they film the week before every episode, at least. a couple weeks back, New York got a whole bunch of snow, but the CSI:NY ep that week had absolutely no sign of snow. all the characters had short sleeves on (except lindsay, who wore a jacket--and now we know why).

They film the episodes months in advance. They start filming in July, and generally wrap shooting around March or April.

Edited on 11/01/2006 4:53pm

ny_in_love

[16]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    how far along is she?

cause the season ends in may right?  so we have about 6 months left..  they'd have at least 2-3 more months to work with.. i hope they don't "send her back to montana" right away.. i'd miss the interaction between danny and lindsay.. but the good thing is if she "goes back to montana" this season, that means that there's a really big chance that they finally get together by next season..

RenLissa_Can

[17]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 8

Congratulations to Anna and her husband.

I have to agree with Sugah, about Lindsay having to go back to Montana - it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this topic.  I also think the producers/writers probably knew about the pregnancy - so they came up with the fact that Lindsay has stuff to deal with - because they knew they would have to explain her being away. 

I always thought that Gillian Anderson's pregnancy, and the way they wrote her out, made the X-files a better show - I can only hope that the same thing will happen here.  No, not an abduction storyline . . . although . . . would it not be interesting if Lindsay suddenly went missing.  Hmmmmmm.  No, I was talking about how when writers are forced to write under defined perameters they can be very creative. 

Mystik225

[18]Nov 1, 2006
    I also offer my congratulations to Anna and her husband. I wish them all the best for the rest of the pregnancy and after their little one arrives.

I agree that they will have Lindsay return to Montana for a few eps when the actress delivers. They do film episodes a month or two in advance. Oh, and the snow in New York in the middle of October was primarily just Buffalo, and the snow last week was way up north, in the Adirondacks. Today in Albany it was about 60 degrees. Beautiful fall day. But I digress...

Depending on Anna's due date and the filming schedule they may be on break at the time she delivers, so between the break and her character returning to Montana she may only be gone from the show for a short time. But again, it all depends on her due date and if she goes full term or not, if it's a high risk pregnancy, etc.

sugah66

[19]Nov 1, 2006

It appears as though she's 6 - 7 months along.

I sense a lot of hiding Lindsay behind lab tables and shooting her from the neck up, judging by tonight's ep.

city_girl_129

[20]Nov 1, 2006
    sugah66 wrote:

It appears as though she's 6 - 7 months along.

I sense a lot of hiding Lindsay behind lab tables and shooting her from the neck up, judging by tonight's ep.

that's what i got from tonight's episode, too. they had her wearing that big bulky jacket, along with mostly head shots. (don't know if anyone's seen Star Trek Voyager, but that's what they did when Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna) was pregnant in season 4) i thought it was kind of risky, though, with that full-body shot when she and Hawkes were walking onto the train. ^_^