CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Casting Call for CSI:NY RPG Season 4

FoxPhile

[61]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    So, can someone give me an idea when this will actually start? I'm trying to figure out how much time I have to read thru War and Pea...um..."A Serial in Spring".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[62]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 75
    LOL Fox, it is actually coming to an end. I can't precise a date because it depends a bit on the rhythm at which players post, but the plot is almost over.

FoxPhile

[63]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 8

Ok - so Sheldon and Stella are....brother and sister? Can someone explain that one to me? And why are Sheldon's family so upset with him? And Stella is *adopting* Shel? How is that possible if they are siblings?

-Fox..Confused...Phile

boom-moo

[64]Apr 29, 2009
    LOL. Lisa and Blu will give you better replies but Stella is adopting Sheldon as her brother. Apparently that can be done. Sheldon's family are just abusive jerks, can't remember a precise reason. Lisa is the one who writes them all so she'll get back at you

Numb3rsfan1

[65]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 28
    boom-moo wrote:
    The plot is almost over.
    Really? Oh man. I'm excited about the new season at the same time.

Lisaraph

[66]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 14
    boom-moo wrote:
    LOL. Lisa and Blu will give you better replies but Stella is adopting Sheldon as her brother. Apparently that can be done. Sheldon's family are just abusive jerks, can't remember a precise reason. Lisa is the one who writes them all so she'll get back at you

It was a bit of creative liberty with the adoption. Adult adoptions are possible, but it's usually a parent/child relationship. So we just made it siblings instead. The only requirement is one has to be older, and Stella is older than Sheldon, so it works. As for his family, In Season 2 it was revealed that Sheldon was the bastard offspring of an affair that his mother had with a white man at a medical conference. His family is very racist and elitest. Rather than give Sheldon up for adoption, or have him aborted, they decided to raise the boy as their own. The parents decided that since he was actually a nice kid, he was "too soft" and they needed to toughen him up by abusing him horribly. Sheldon and Stella's psychiatrist suggested that he divorce his family to get them out of his life and that Stella adopt him so they both could have a real family that cared about each other. He has one blood sister who lives in Switzerland that he cares about and who actually loves him.

Numb3rsfan1

[67]Apr 30, 2009
    Oooooooh. I can't wait for Danny's BIG reaction when he finds out next season!!

boom-moo

[68]May 1, 2009
    When he finds what, Maria?

Numb3rsfan1

[69]May 2, 2009
    Let's just say that Melissa's going to tell Lindsay a secret that she'll have to keep until the middle of next season (if that's ok with Stacey and you of course). For now, she won't find out about her biological family until Donna's being released from hospital.

TheCloser4eva

[70]May 2, 2009
    • level: 17
    I would absolutley love to do a RPG but this one is a little to complex for me..... Are you lovely ladies( and gentlemen if y'all are out there) planning to start another with a different storyline anytime soon, and one question why has Shel been in the hospital for so long?

NYCarbon

[71]May 2, 2009
    So I pm'ed Lisa about wanting to take Angell as a character again, but I'm not sure if you guys wanted to just continue it for me because I've been away for soooo long Just let me know

Numb3rsfan1

[72]May 3, 2009
    TheCloser4eva wrote:
    I would absolutley love to do a RPG but this one is a little to complex for me..... Are you lovely ladies( and gentlemen if y'all are out there) planning to start another with a different storyline anytime soon, and one question why has Shel been in the hospital for so long?
    Yes, we are (well, until Season 3 is finished - depending on the players). As for Hawkes in the hospital.... I'll leave that to Lisa.

@ NYC: I think that's ok. BM, Stacey and myself (I think) will continue for you (it's up to Lisa on that).

boom-moo

[73]May 3, 2009
    Ash, we are indeed going to start a new one soon, with a new storyline even though consistency with past events is a must. However, any of us can help you out knowing whatever you need about the character you choose to play. Just pm any of the regular players and you'll get your answer. As for when the new one will start, it depends on the pace of the last events in the new one. Also make sure to read the list of rules Lisa has posted in the first post (or close to that one) and see if you can agree with them all

And NYC, I have no problem if you decide to play Angell again, but we are taking measures so players don't disappear like it's happened during RPG 3. Please read Lisa's first post and you'll see that among other rules to comply, posting at least twice a week is compulsory. If you think you'll be able to follow all the rules, forward your petition to Lisa

Lisaraph

[74]May 3, 2009
    TheCloser4eva wrote:

We will be starting a new season soon, yes. And as for him in the hospital..well, Mac's old player Moggs thought it would be fun to put Sheldon and Mac in a mine at the mercy of a serial killer for 3 days or so..and then, just when they escaped from that, and Sheldon would have been recovering nicely, he and Stella got abducted by an old enemy from the last season, which um...compounded his stay. Did you have a particular character in mind that you were thinking of taking?

NYCarbon

[75]May 4, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:

And NYC, I have no problem if you decide to play Angell again, but we are taking measures so players don't disappear like it's happened during RPG 3. Please read Lisa's first post and you'll see that among other rules to comply, posting at least twice a week is compulsory. If you think you'll be able to follow all the rules, forward your petition to Lisa

I think I'll be able to do that
    I already PM'ed Lisa and she's fine with me taking up Angell once more. Has anyone come up with an idea yet?

boom-moo

[76]May 4, 2009
    NYCarbon wrote:
    I already PM'ed Lisa and she's fine with me taking up Angell once more. Has anyone come up with an idea yet?
    Good to know! And an idea on what?

NYCarbon

[77]May 4, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:
    NYCarbon wrote:
    Good to know! And an idea on what?

For the new season. Or has that been established already? If so, what is it about?

boom-moo

[78]May 4, 2009
    I've no idea if there's any plot going on. I've never known for any of the seasons and I like it better that way. Maybe Lisa has something in mind though.

coolceruleanblu

[79]May 4, 2009
    • level: 26
    boom-moo wrote:
    I've no idea if there's any plot going on. I've never known for any of the seasons and I like it better that way. Maybe Lisa has something in mind though.
    there are never any set plots about. Now that I won't disappear lisa and I may bring back a plot from this season we were gonna do. Or maybe something else. I just know Stella isn't allowed to be in the hospital anymore unless she's just visiting.

Lisaraph

[80]May 5, 2009
    Just doing a thread bump so it doesn't get buried. Does nobody else have any name suggestions for the new season?