CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY News, Articles, and Interviews

KaitlynReynolds

[201]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 23

Another example for an actor with a very good heart:

From CSIfiles.com:

CSI: New York star Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor) puts his money where his heart is.

As one of the producers of New York, Sinise has the ability to make time in his busy filming schedule for charity work. His celebrity status helps to bring attention to causes that are important to him. Honoring America's heroes is a task that is very near and dear to him.

"I've played music for years," he told the NY Daily News. "It would be for small crowds. I was in a jazz group; we'd have 10 people." Now that he is a celebrity, Sinise is able to combine his love for music with his charity work. The Lt Dan Band, named after his character from Forrest Gump, plays 30 to 40 shows a year. His fame brings attention to the band as well as the causes that they support. "I try to do shows that can help various charities, or support the troops," Sinise said. The Lt Dan Band often plays for military men and women around the country and around the world.

"The fact that I've been on CSI: NY and in movies, that all makes the work I do in the band more possible. We're able to draw some bigger crowds," he explained. He is hoping to draw a large crowd for his latest project: a charity concert with a very specific goal in mind. Sinise and his band will be at the Whitman Theater at Brooklyn College Saturday at 8:00 PM. They are hoping to raise $100,000 for a memorial wall that will be built in Brooklyn's Keyspan Park.

The wall will honor the police and fire workers killed on 9/11. "It's a beautiful memorial. It's well on its way," Sinise said. He learned of the project a year and a half ago from a friend who is a firefighter. It was originally only going to honor those from Brooklyn who had died, but the plan has changed. "We've expanded that idea, and we want to make it something that covers more ground," he said. "For the families of those fallen heroes, it's going to be very, very meaningful."

The original article is from the NY Daily News. More information about the Brooklyn Memorial Wall can be found at the official website . Tickets for the concert can be purchased through Ticketmaster. The Lt. Dan Band has a MySpace account, which can be found here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[202]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 75
    KaitlynReynolds wrote:

From CSIfiles.com:

"The fact that I've been on CSI: NY and in movies, that all makes the work I do in the band more possible. We're able to draw some bigger crowds," he explained. He is hoping to draw a large crowd for his latest project: a charity concert with a very specific goal in mind. Sinise and his band will be at the Whitman Theater at Brooklyn College Saturday at 8:00 PM. They are hoping to raise $100,000 for a memorial wall that will be built in Brooklyn's Keyspan Park.

The wall will honor the police and fire workers killed on 9/11. "It's a beautiful memorial. It's well on its way," Sinise said.

Oh yes, good for him!

Chanouel

[203]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 19
    boom-moo wrote:
    KaitlynReynolds wrote:

From CSIfiles.com:

The wall will honor the police and fire workers killed on 9/11. "It's a beautiful memorial. It's well on its way," Sinise said.

Oh yes, good for him!

I'm actually going to that concert, it's on Saturday. I turned it into a 4 day New York city weekend with the kids. We are all excited to go to the show and for a good cause too.

After the concert, I'll be meeting with Ben Lewis, who is the keyboard player of the band, and most likely I will also meet Gary!

I'll be bringing back lots and lots of pictures and I'll let you know all aboutmy trip to NYC in an upcoming blog!

Edited on 08/08/2007 4:56am

KaitlynReynolds

[204]Aug 8, 2007
    Chanouel wrote:
    I'm actually going to that concert, it's on Saturday. I turned it into a 4 day New York city weekend with the kids. We are all excited to go to the show and for a good cause too.

After the concert, I'll be meeting with Ben Lewis, who is the keyboard player of the band, and most likely I will also meet Gary!

I'll be bringing back lots and lots of pictures and I'll let you know all aboutmy trip to NYC in an upcoming blog!

OMG!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!! Pictures please and loads of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the blog!

Chanouel

[205]Aug 8, 2007
    Do not fear Kaitlyn, I have a 2 GB memory card on my camera and I intend to use it all!!!! lol

super_snotling

[206]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 16
    Chanouel wrote:
    Do not fear Kaitlyn, I have a 2 GB memory card on my camera and I intend to use it all!!!! lol

Crikey, even at highest quality thats about 400 pictures on my camera! Don't post all of them at once OK? Please?

Susan1302

[207]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 6

super_snotling wrote:
    Chanouel wrote:
    Crikey, even at highest quality thats about 400 pictures on my camera! Don't post all of them at once OK? Please?

And don't forget the batteries (that's exactly what I did when I went to Justin Timberlake )

Chanouel

[208]Aug 8, 2007

400 pics is about right. I always use the highest quality on my camera. dont worry, I promise I wont post them all! lol

And I have batteries coming out of my ears!! so no worries there either! lol

boom-moo

[209]Aug 8, 2007
    Chantal, you are a lucky woman!! Enjoy yourself and give Gary a kiss from my part Ahahaha, have loads of fun!!

xhosa9congo

[210]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 4
    You lucky thing! Can't wait to see the photo's.

KaitlynReynolds

[211]Aug 9, 2007

Interview with CSI:NY's producer on CSIFiles: http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/peter_lenkov.shtml

Great interview, but BEWARE: Spoilers for the next season!

Edited on 08/09/2007 6:58am

Susan1302

[212]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 6
    Love the part when they say Carmine is a sex symbol

boom-moo

[213]Aug 9, 2007
    KaitlynReynolds wrote:

Interview with CSI:NY's producer on CSIFiles: http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/peter_lenkov.shtml

Great interview, but BEWARE: Spoilers for the next season!

Oh my! Such a great interview indeed. So many points covered. Or covered-ish, but hey. Great hints too *does crazy hapypy dance*Season 4 is definitely gonna rock!!!

saleblanc

[214]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 32

Tell me about it !

ONLY 48 DAYS LEFT !

HURRY UP TIME !

I'm just asking for a few days fast forward. . . not much

xhosa9congo

[215]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 4

I am guessing responses to this piece of news are gonna bit split down the middle but here goes:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3id44a9b9dc70d8043f73917017739fbec

Buckley goes full-time on CSI:NY

:
    A.J. Buckley has been upped to a regular on CBS' "CSI: NY."

saleblanc

[216]Aug 16, 2007
    It might be split but I think most of us saw it coming, he is getting a "girlfriend".

laurameyer

[217]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 58

CSI:NY has a wiki!

http://csinywiki.cbs.com/page/CSI%3A+NY+Spoilers

Edited on 08/16/2007 11:21am

KaitlynReynolds

[218]Aug 16, 2007
    laurameyer wrote:

CSI:NY has a wiki!

http://csinywiki.cbs.com/page/CSI%3A+NY+Spoilers

Thanks for informng us, Laura. I checked it out, it's still pretty empty, but pretty cool. Maybe we nerds here could help to make it fuller...

saleblanc

[219]Aug 16, 2007
    Getting back to AJ being a regular that means they'll have a new intro???? Maybe???

kewlz

[220]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 20
    saleblanc wrote:
    Getting back to AJ being a regular that means they'll have a new intro???? Maybe???
    It's about time!