CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY News, Articles, and Interviews

tonik2255

[81]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 31
    sugah66 wrote:
    Ton - Mac and Stella are always on the cover of the DVDs. They're on the front of both seasons for the US versions.

the whole team was on the first half of season 1 so why is it just mac and stela is there a reason for this ? i would check s2 but i dont have that ? i know its technicallly a questionish and sorry its in the wrong thread

Toni xx
    Edited on 06/27/2007 12:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sugah66

[82]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 12

tonik2255 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:
    Ton - Mac and Stella are always on the cover of the DVDs. They're on the front of both seasons for the US versions.

the whole team was on the first half of season 1 so why is it just mac and stela is there a reason for this ? i would check s2 but i dont have that ? i know its technicallly a questionish and sorry its in the wrong thread

No, it's fine. It's related to what we're discussing. No need to go spreading it to all the different threads.

For the US versions:

S1 - Mac and Stella on the front cover - rest of the team on back cover

S2 - Mac and Stella on the front cover - rest of the team on the 'inside' cover - whole team on back cover

So it stands to reason, for the US at least, that Mac and Stella will be on the cover of S3.

moggiye16

[83]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 19

tonik2255 wrote:
    maybe there trying to make up for the fact we wait ages to see it and mogs i think maybe that part 2 will have other people on it ? maybe d/l ? what i can always hope
    Yeah that would be really cool.

sugah66 wrote:
    Hate to burst your bubble, Moggs, but it's from the Office.
    Oh. I don't really watch much aside from CSI, the Simpsons, the Discovery Channel and glimpses of other shows from time to time.

sugah66

[84]Jun 29, 2007

Interview with Carmine at *that* site

First off, I'm annoyed that he continues to give that site interviews, even though he acknowledged that he reads the site, so he has to know what they say about Lindsay and Anna.

Second, I'm annoyed that he mentioned that he reads that site. I hope TPTB realize that it's not the only CSI board out there.

Third, remember how I said I would never doubt Carmine again, after his comment regarding how D/L would be in the sack by the end of the season? I want to start doubting him.

I don't think Danny would cheat. That is just not in his character. He's fiercely loyal to the people he cares about - he's proven that time and again. Carmine even says that. And we know he loves Lindsay, so he wouldn't do that. Plus, it would make him the bad guy. Despite what a certain place says, there are a lot of people who like Lindsay, and having Danny cheat on her would cause such a huge outcry.

I think it's interesting that he doesn't really like how his character mellowed out this season. Especially because I don't consider tackling a guy on a motorcycle, jumping across an alley from fire escape to fire escape, and singlehandedly trying to take down his captors mellowing out. But maybe that's just me. Also, I'm glad that they've matured his character. He was such a jerk in S1.

Maybe he's toying with the interviewer. He said he reads the site - he's got to know what they say about everything. Maybe he's just saying this kind of stuff to get everyone all riled up. But I think it's kind of mean, if he is doing that. It's giving poor little shippers like me heart attacks.

jenn22

[85]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 15

thanks for the link, i enjoyed that article. i think that would just be completely out of character for him to cheat, im thinking more of a 'lindsay get jealous, but theres not really anything going on' thing. why would danny cheat on a girl he waited that long for?*sigh* ignore me, im just trying to convince myself

89 days to go. thanks Cheese .

oh, favourite part of the whole article:

CSI Files: There are people who say Flack would be better for Danny than Lindsay...
    Giovinazzo: Flack is pretty cute sometimes!

told you Kate^^^ *dies laughing*

sugah66

[86]Jun 29, 2007

jenn22 wrote:
    thanks for the link, i enjoyed that article. i think that would just be completely out of character for him to cheat, im thinking more of a 'lindsay get jealous, but theres not really anything going on' thing. why would danny cheat on a girl he waited that long for?*sigh* ignore me, im just trying to convince myself

Well, it's not just that. Remember, he turned down at least two offers - from Nixon Suicide and the dominatrix - when he and Lindsay weren't even together. So it makes no sense that he would up and cheat on her. Really, I think it would be completely out of character.

I expected angst this season with the relationship - no relationship is without its ups and downs - but I'm sorry. If they turn Danny into a guy who cheats on his girlfriend, I won't watch the show anymore, because they will have totally ruined his character for me.

Silvara71

[87]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    sugah66 wrote:

I expected angst this season with the relationship - no relationship is without its ups and downs - but I'm sorry. If they turn Danny into a guy who cheats on his girlfriend, I won't watch the show anymore, because they will have totally ruined his character for me.

you're absolutely right, it can't be possible Danny cheats on her, come on we're talking about a guy who waited for so long... It would not be in character a behaviour like this, I mean he has grown up, he's not a jerk anymore, he's mature now, why will he have to cheat on her? Why will he need to look elsewhere?? It makes no sense to me...

summersky1

[88]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    I agree with you all that it is not in his character to cheat on someone, because we have seen how loyal he is, so to cheat on her would be totally out of place. I expect no fairytale. Some rough patches in their relationship as you pointed out are normal, because in every relationship there are ups and downs, so let us just hope they won't ruin what they've created in the last two seasons. Or else threy are going to make us shippers pretty mad.

mickeyDs4

[89]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 10
    I hate that site. The interviewer I swear is trying to trap into saying something that may or may not seriously piss off any viewer DL or not. GRRRR!!

sugah66

[90]Jun 29, 2007

I'm glad you guys are following me. This is going to be a very long post, so my apologies in advance. I will do my best to not say... bad things... about a certain site.

I stand by what I've said a thousand times. TPTB have worked too hard to get the ship to where it is to abandon it now. And so quickly. Especially since we know that most, if not all, of TPTB are on board with it.

I think that every time he says 'maybe', we need to add 'maybe not'. Because really, it's all just his speculation at this point. They can't have that much of the season written, and he wouldn't be allowed to reveal anything anyway. (A lot of actors are required to sign confidentiality agreements so that they don't leak information about upcoming episodes.) And you know how many rewrites scripts go through. I'm thinking that maybe that was what he, as an actor, would like to do - I bet it would be a challenge, or something like that.

I will lose all respect for the show and the character if they turn Danny into the type of guy who cheats on his girlfriend. There has never been any indication that he is like that at all, even in S1. There has never been any evidence to suggest that he is a player. Yes, he is a guy, but he's a guy in love. And I don't think he'd turn down other offers (when he and Lindsay aren't even dating) just to cheat on her. Carmine himself even points out that Danny is a loyal person, which he's proved a number of times - loyal to his family, his friends, and his coworkers. It's not very loyal to cheat on your girlfriend.

I'm anxious to hear how the interview sounded. I want to hear for myself Carmine's inflections and tone of voice, so that I can interpret how those statements are supposed to be taken. You know that the interviewer can add her own interpretation on things.

He's been very supportive of the ship in all other interviews he's done. When he spoke with Kristen from E! News, for example. And did you read the little snippet from TV Guide right after the finale? How he talked about how it was just the beginning? Doesn't seem to me like he really thinks that Danny's going to cheat on Lindsay.

Those are my thoughts.

halifaxhoney

[91]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 2

I hope that Danny doesn't cheat on Lindsay. DL is part of the reason I started watching in the first place. I happened to catch NWILL and I was hooked ever since.

Another thing I was thinking was he might've tailored his answers to that particular site. I've read some of the stuff there and I don't understand why everyone is so against it. It's not like that DL is taking over the entire show. I hate shows that are strictly romance anyway so the way it has played out appeals to me. Of course DL will have issues, but hopefully it doesn't come down to this.

coolceruleanblu

[92]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 26

I agree with what Sugah was saying:
    - We know that TPTB are on board with the relationship. If they weren't we wouldn't have gotten what we have.
    -We know Carmine likes it. Even his suggestions on that site show that he is.
    - We know that TPTB don't like things get out like this before hand. I mean they aren't going to let a star say what is going on- especially when it's something this big. And if you notice- his words in this article are strikingly similar to what AZ said in a previous interview about the D/L relationship. Anyone else remember the "perhaps another woman?" quote? I think they just want to get us up in arms about it. And while it is inconsiderate to us who love the stars and the ship, because we FREAK out- this is what TPTB do.
    - We know that scripts go through changes all the time. Remember the Danny/Angell drama that was supposed to happen? And the other bit of spoiler that was supposed to happen with it while Montana was in Montana?
    - Danny is loyal- and that's how he is. If he were to suddenly cheat on Lindsay- it wouldn't make sense.
    - I would also like to point out that if they do go that route, it would be leaning towards the soap opera side which is what everyone has been trying to avoid. And they- no matter how much the anti-D/L ers well hate D/L wouldn't like that either. Or shouldn't. Because part of their reason for not liking the relationship is that they say it's childish and/or soapy. Well cheating on your girlfriend and making it into an episode and mentioning it in a CSI isn't something I'd expect from a CSI- but rather Days of Our Lives. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it- but it's not the kind of show we're watching.

moggiye16

[93]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 19

Please don't shoot me until I finish expressing my opinion on the D/L cheat or not thing.

IF they were going to have danny cheat on Lindsay, I think they would do it as one of those situations where a jealous old flame comes into play, you know? It would make for a ton of angst for the both of them. And as shippers, we know that Danny wouldn't cheat with Lindsay, so I'm sure TPTB has something good up their sleeve.

Okay you can shoot me now.

Mystik225

[94]Jun 29, 2007
    I read the article and think some of the stuff in brackets was the author adlibbing for Carmine. In one part he said something like "The writers do read" and in brackets was the word sites. So Carmine's statement could have just been, "The writers do read" and the author clarified the statement with the word sites, that's why it's in brackets. And since we all know how they love the DL ship over at that site I'm sure the author or editor of the article was completely unbiased with their editing and clarifications. *roll eyes*

I am glad to read that the injuries Danny received in Snow Day will be followed up, and the writers are aware people want to know what happened to Louie and are trying to find a way to work that in this coming season.

Silvara71

[95]Jun 30, 2007

I've read interview again and Carmine said wayward behaviour and he does what young man does, then author say oh will he cheat on Lindsay?...

But there are a lot of possibility on a wayward behaviour or what young men do... I was thinking about a different attitude who usually have women and men trough relationship...

you know, we women are usually more prepared to live a relationship in an exclusive way, I don't konw if I explain well, for men it is a little different they just try to keep their space, not making any compromise, at least at the beginning...

maybe Danny, who is used to a single life, just could be a little afraid having a serious relationship, I'm pretty sure it won't be another woman (hey this is not a soap, this is CSI), but maybe Danny would have to make a choice and it could not be easy for him...

Cherish4

[96]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 13

Well I've read the interview and I have to say that I'm both suprised and disappointed by some of Carmine's answers.

I get what he means when he talks about wanting to re-explore certain aspects of Danny that he played during the first two seasons but it's the Lindsay answers that kinda upset me a bit.

I find it interesting that the courtroom scene (one of our fave moments!) was something that he wasn't very happy doing, that he somehow felt that Danny was "becoming a punching bag" for Lindsay. I thought that Danny going there was one of the most amazing things that the character could ever do for her but he obviously doesn't.

It's the following though that upset me the most:

CSI Files: Have you been given any hints about what might be next for Danny and Lindsay in the next season?

Giovinazzo:I did hear a little bit about there's going to maybe be some wayward Danny [behavior] this season.

CSI Files: Is there going to be another woman, or might there be a love triangle in the works?

Giovinazzo: I don't know if we've got to go so far as love--he does the things young men do.

CSI Files: Oh no! Is he going to cheat on Lindsay?

Giovinazzo: Well, you never know. I think that's a possibility, that maybe she wasn't all Danny thought she'd be. Maybe he's already looking elsewhere.

Well I agree with you all that he does only say "maybe" there'll be some wayward behaviour from Danny, which means that it's not difinite. But then he says that he doesn't necessarily think that they've got to go so far as love! So he doesn't think that they're in love or that they need to take the characters to that point, and then finally he says that he thinks Danny could cheat on Lindsay because she's not necessarily the girl he'd thought she'd be and that maybe he'll move on!!!!!

I can't agree with that. I, like the rest of you, don't see how Danny could ever cheat on Lindsay, he has never struck me as that sort of guy. NEVER. Secondly, after everything they've been through and after the times he's turned down other women and waited for her (whether Carmine agreed with that or not), I don't see how he could be willing to throw what he has with her away.

In my humble opnion I think that Danny does love Lindsay and she loves him. I think that they are bound to have ups and downs, every relationship does, and that could be due to the fallout of SNOW DAY or particular cases or just normal relationship stuff.

I'm sorry if this seems like a massive rant or an attack on Carmine but I just feel really strongly about this and quite upset frankly. You all know that I love the guy, and he's entitled to his opinions but.....

*sigh*

Maybe he was influenced by the negativity of THAT SITE, I don't know. I want some choclate, I feel really fed up now.

mickeyDs4

[97]Jun 30, 2007
    Cherish4 wrote:

Well I've read the interview and I have to say that I'm both suprised and disappointed by some of Carmine's answers.

I get what he means when he talks about wanting to re-explore certain aspects of Danny that he played during the first two seasons but it's the Lindsay answers that kinda upset me a bit.

I find it interesting that the courtroom scene (one of our fave moments!) was something that he wasn't very happy doing, that he somehow felt that Danny was "becoming a punching bag" for Lindsay. I thought that Danny going there was one of the most amazing things that the character could ever do for her but he obviously doesn't.

It's the following though that upset me the most:

CSI Files: Have you been given any hints about what might be next for Danny and Lindsay in the next season?

Giovinazzo:I did hear a little bit about there's going to maybe be some wayward Danny [behavior] this season.

CSI Files: Is there going to be another woman, or might there be a love triangle in the works?

Giovinazzo: I don't know if we've got to go so far as love--he does the things young men do.

CSI Files: Oh no! Is he going to cheat on Lindsay?

Giovinazzo: Well, you never know. I think that's a possibility, that maybe she wasn't all Danny thought she'd be. Maybe he's already looking elsewhere.

Well I agree with you all that he does only say "maybe" there'll be some wayward behaviour from Danny, which means that it's not difinite. But then he says that he doesn't necessarily think that they've got to go so far as love! So he doesn't think that they're in love or that they need to take the characters to that point, and then finally he says that he thinks Danny could cheat on Lindsay because she's not necessarily the girl he'd thought she'd be and that maybe he'll move on!!!!!

I can't agree with that. I, like the rest of you, don't see how Danny could ever cheat on Lindsay, he has never struck me as that sort of guy. NEVER. Secondly, after everything they've been through and after the times he's turned down other women and waited for her (whether Carmine agreed with that or not), I don't see how he could be willing to throw what he has with her away.

In my humble opnion I think that Danny does love Lindsay and she loves him. I think that they are bound to have ups and downs, every relationship does, and that could be due to the fallout of SNOW DAY or particular cases or just normal relationship stuff.

I'm sorry if this seems like a massive rant or an attack on Carmine but I just feel really strongly about this and quite upset frankly. You all know that I love the guy, and he's entitled to his opinions but.....

*sigh*

Maybe he was influenced by the negativity of THAT SITE, I don't know. I want some choclate, I feel really fed up now.

Hands cherish a tootsie roll pop and a HUGE 20lb sack of M&Ms. Feel better!

tonik2255

[98]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 31
    i agree with y'all why the hell does he still give them interview does anyone know if tcv.com actually does interviews ? because he so should come here

Dakotagirl823

[99]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 23
    moggiye16 wrote:

Please don't shoot me until I finish expressing my opinion on the D/L cheat or not thing.

IF they were going to have danny cheat on Lindsay, I think they would do it as one of those situations where a jealous old flame comes into play, you know? It would make for a ton of angst for the both of them. And as shippers, we know that Danny wouldn't cheat with Lindsay, so I'm sure TPTB has something good up their sleeve.

Okay you can shoot me now.

I don't plan to shoot you, Moggi. I had to be at work at 6:00 am this morning so the idea really doesn't appeal to me. I think what people need to remember is that a character is interpreted in the eyes of the writer/creator and the actor that plays him. I think that the writer is the person who knows the character best and has a better understanding of where that person will be taken. While Carmine can say that he doesn't think Danny will cheat on Lindsay, the writer me have different ideas about bringing out another side of Danny's character.

I really hope that Danny doesn't cheat on Lindsay (I really love this couple) because I also strongly feel that it's just not a part of Danny's nature but sometimes guys will give into temptation. I think that if Danny would cheat on Lindsay, it would just be one area of their relationship that they would talk about and move on as mature adults. I want to see more of the old Danny from Season 1. That's the person I loved better.

mickeyDs4

[100]Jun 30, 2007
    Guys, we have 90 so days before the new season starts. Now is the time when all the interviews and such will be coming out in waves. No one knows what is going to happen until the final shooting script is delivered. Let's not get all freaked out over one interview that I think was catered to that site. We know for a fact that AZ likes D/L and is going to keep it around for awhile. So let's all breathe, think happy D/L thoughts, and relax. More info will be coming. Let's have a little faith here