CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY News, Articles, and Interviews

sugah66

[101]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 12

Guys... Keep in mind who did the interview. He said there may be some wayward behavior. The interviewer is the one who suggested cheating. I'm actually feeling much better about it today, because it is all just speculation at this point, and a lot of the interview was edited by the interviewer.

And D/L shippers...

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR D/L!

Click here to show your support!

Visit the M&Ms thread for banners.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saleblanc

[102]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 32
    Done . . . . . .

xhosa9congo

[103]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 4

Great interview, thanks for posting I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

I suspect a lot of the DL fall out will b related to Snow Day and Dannys injuries. If they are career threatening then maybe Danny will go off the rails a bit which would not be a good time to be starting a serious relationship with Linds. Alternatively it may be Lindsays misguided guilt about Snow Day etc that gets in the way of the relationship. I dont' think Danny would actually cheat on her though, maybe a temptation will be a possibility though.

Or for another thought, I think Lindsay is more insecure in about the relationship, (she expected him to be gone after the pool table session remember) maybe we will get a new female character who Danny flirts with, cos lets face it he flirts with everyone, and Lindsays insecurities affect the realtionship. Or maybe there will be something from the court case that comes back to affect them. Just a few random thoughts...

I think a lot of this might just be Carmine trying to push a few buttons though, keep the fans interested over the summer, test the waters. I doubt he wouldn't be giving out definate storyline details at this point.

Great to know that Louie hasn't been forgotten though and that we will get some fiery Danny back in S4 hopefully.

Was the interviewer Jeremy Paxman though, seriously stop asking the same DL question mate! Maybe that is why he said the anti DL stuff to shut her up asking the same question again, negativity was obviously what she wanted...

I think backing out of the DL now would not be good for the show and the writers know it, lets face it even the DL bashers still watch the show with them in it so they have somehting to pick at. If they kill the DL ship the only viewers they are gonna lose are the DL shippers, and I know a lot of people who watch it just for the DL ship. It wouldn't make sense to drop it but they can't have them playing lovey dovey all the time as it would be boring.

All in all I am not too worried about the anti DL stuff and the other stuff in there esp what he has been up to over the summer was really interesting. I'll keep an eye out for those films...

D-Danni

[104]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 9

Article on Carmine Giovinazzo

sugah66

[105]Jul 1, 2007

^^ That's actually a pretty old article.

Xhosa, you bring up good points. I'm positive TPTB know it would be stupid to abandon the ship now.

However, I have to disagree with you on Danny's injuries. He broke his fingers. If we didn't get any continuity with Flack's life-threatening injury last season, I think it would be stupid to focus on Danny's. Just because Flack's was so much more severe, and there was almost no mention of it in S3.

Edited on 07/01/2007 12:57pm

liaq100

[106]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 16

Ok. guys seriously: BREATH!!!! i read the interview like 15 times... it doesn´t say anywhere that Danny is leaving, cheating or hurting Lindsay. Carmine was just giving hints and shooting in all directions as always happens before each season premiere. he even goes on to say that he hasn´t even found out whats gonna happen to him this season, howcan he know what the season will be for him and Linds??? he´s just messing around....they haven´t started to read scripts yet, so they really have no idea what the TPB have written for them yet.....

Besides, let´s think about this. do we Danny lovers expect him to be Perfect boyfriend? come on!! we know him way too much. happy, sappy and clean aint our Danny. he´s Loyal. that we know. if he makes a commitment with linds he will respect it, but do expect some really huge bumps on the road and some drama. Guys IT`S DANNY!!! EVERYTHING in his life is complicated.... that´s why we love him so much!!!!! i mean if they turn this into one of those perfect clean relationships, IT WONT BE REALISTIC. that´s not real life ish and Csi Ny is really known to be VERY realist alike.....

but then again that´s just me.... i just think we shouldn´t be hyperventilating about something we still dont know it´s gonna happen or if it is how it´s gonna happen.

Beijufas to all my fellow D/L shipers

SkettySpoos

[107]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 1

Guys,

If you're going to read so deeply into Carmine's interview, he could've meant anything by it:

#1 Lindsay may not be able to cope with the guiltof his injuries, and won't allow herself to get too close to him - Danny could take that as a sign that sheisn't being supportive enough(hence the "Maybe she's not the girl he thought she was" comment).

#2 Danny takes a while to get back on his feet after the events in the finalé, so isn't able to put his all into the relationship

#3 Maybe he's ready for commitment and she isn't, or vice-versa

#4 Maybe Lindsay cheats...

...The list is endless (and far-fetched!!! ) and as you have to wait 3 months for the start of the new season, you're going to drive yourself crazy thinking about it.

Please don't read too much into the interview, it reads to me like he was put on the spot and had to respond without giving away too much. Interviews are just publicity after all!

Skylarsun

[109]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 23
    liaq100 wrote:

Ok. guys seriously: BREATH!!!! i read the interview like 15 times... it doesn´t say anywhere that Danny is leaving, cheating or hurting Lindsay. Carmine was just giving hints and shooting in all directions as always happens before each season premiere. he even goes on to say that he hasn´t even found out whats gonna happen to him this season, howcan he know what the season will be for him and Linds??? he´s just messing around....they haven´t started to read scripts yet, so they really have no idea what the TPB have written for them yet.....

Besides, let´s think about this. do we Danny lovers expect him to be Perfect boyfriend? come on!! we know him way too much. happy, sappy and clean aint our Danny. he´s Loyal. that we know. if he makes a commitment with linds he will respect it, but do expect some really huge bumps on the road and some drama. Guys IT`S DANNY!!! EVERYTHING in his life is complicated.... that´s why we love him so much!!!!! i mean if they turn this into one of those perfect clean relationships, IT WONT BE REALISTIC. that´s not real life ish and Csi Ny is really known to be VERY realist alike.....

but then again that´s just me.... i just think we shouldn´t be hyperventilating about something we still dont know it´s gonna happen or if it is how it´s gonna happen.

Beijufas to all my fellow D/L shipers

Just quickly and briefly: AMEN TO THAT!

sugah66

[110]Jul 1, 2007
    If you'll notice, a lot of us have already arrived at that conclusion.

coolceruleanblu

[111]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 26

*sigh* sometimes i feel like saying i'm through with all of this. I'm not worried about the interview. it's all speculation.

i'm upset about how the petition is taking wrongly and as a threat/attack. It's not. It's just to show we are out there and we do appreciate the love. Oy.

boom-moo

[112]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 75
    coolceruleanblu wrote:

*sigh* sometimes i feel like saying i'm through with all of this. I'm not worried about the interview. it's all speculation.

i'm upset about how the petition is taking wrongly and as a threat/attack. It's not. It's just to show we are out there and we do appreciate the love. Oy.

Is the petition being taken as a threat? By whom? How stupid is that? Whatever, I signed it too

sugah66

[113]Jul 1, 2007

Okay. We're not going to go down that route. I'm guilty of it, too. But it's over, so let's move on. We should all - even me - work very hard at being positive.

Um...

Gary Sinise is rumored to be playing Dr. "Bones" McCoy in the upcoming Star Trek movie.

In case there are any other Trek fans here.

Article

Silvara71

[114]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 6

Sugha this would be wonderful, I mean Gary plays Bones McCoy (My favourite in the TOS)... Wow, I cross my fingers (and yes I'm a Trekkie...

Liaq you're absolutely right

Skylarsun

[115]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 23
    Gary as Bones McCoy???? Mh, would love it...Okay, I´m not so much a Trekkie, but I always loved the Star Trek movies...Gary would be cool as McCoy, really...so, let´s hope for the best

sugah66

[116]Jul 2, 2007

Silvara71 wrote:
    I mean Gary plays Bones McCoy (My favourite in the TOS)... Wow, I cross my fingers (and yes I'm a Trekkie...

McCoy was YOUR favorite, too? My boss always makes fun of me for that!

Silvara71

[117]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    sugah66 wrote:

Silvara71 wrote:
    I mean Gary plays Bones McCoy (My favourite in the TOS)... Wow, I cross my fingers (and yes I'm a Trekkie...

Why does he do that? McCoy is a great character, maybe ones of the best ever, his arguments with Spock are just wonderful

Edited on 07/02/2007 10:17am

Cherish4

[118]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 13

First of all let me appologise for the lateness of this post, as I realise that we are now trying to move on from the Carmine Interview here but I ended up watching The Concert For Princess Diana yesterday, so was unable to get online. Therefore I'll just say whatI was going to and then move on with the rest of you if that's ok?

I will say that I'm now feeling much better than I did when I first read the interview - honestly, it's amazing what a cracking DR WHO finale and a fantastic concert can do!

MickeyD - *Hugs* Thanks for the Tootsie Roll, Pop and HUGE sack of M&Ms on Saturday! They were much appreciated as I was feeling really down after reading that interview.

Sugah - Great idea having the Petition to show our support for D/L, I've signed it straightaway.

So, moving on..........

Gary Sinise as Bones McCoy? That'd be just awesome! I love Star Trek!

Edited on 07/02/2007 11:27am

sugah66

[119]Jul 2, 2007
    Silvara71 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

Silvara71 wrote:

Why does he do that? McCoy is a great character, maybe ones of the best ever, his arguments with Spock are just wonderful

I've no idea. He makes fun of me for a lot of stuff, though.

sugah66

[120]Jul 6, 2007

This is a very old interview with Anna (from April of 2006), and I think it may have been posted here before - not in this thread, but here in general. But just in case anyone did not get to see it...

Interview with Anna Belknap

She's so adorable. I love listening to her talk. It's hard for me to believe that she's ten years older than me.