CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY RPG Season 3: "A Serial In Spring"

Lisaraph

[181]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 14
    Elly looked up as Amber signed at her, but she looked confused. In all the fuss, she had forgotten her lessons temporarily, and she was just a scared little girl. She sniffled and clung to her mother, hanging on to her until her shakes stopped and she sighed. She looked over at Lindsay and Michael, then over at the apartment, her little eyes wide with all the lights and sirens. She whimpered softly and nestled in between Amber and Lindsay, letting the comforting nearness of both women calm her down.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

moggiye16

[182]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 19

Anything I missed I'll fix in the morning! Later all!

Mac was unprepared for Robin's launch at him, but quickly caught her and held her as tightly as he dared. Mac hoped, after a few minutes, that she would be calm enough to take to the hospital (with Marcus firmly at her side), but that hope was quickly shattered when she fainted.

Sheldon was there help lay her down and Mac began to pace as Sheldon worked to wake her up.

Marcus' eyes widened when robin collapsed and was restrained by Magurité in an attempt to try to get to her. "What's wrong?! What happened to Robin?!"

"I think the stress of the situation got to her," Magurité said. "Marcus, you need to calm down before your start 'yperventilating. Deep, slow breaths." Marcus tried to do as his mother said, but it was hard seeing his best friend (maybe more...?) on the floor unconscious.

Mac ran his fingers through his hair and mental started counting backwards to calm himself down. He looked up and saw Danny and figured Lindsay was downstairs and he came to a conclusion. "Alright, I want Danny and Lindsay working the case. Sheldon, you and I will work on the Naidoo case, I know you want to help, but we can't have everyone working the same case. Detective LaBelle, you understand that you can't be the lead detective on this because of your involvement, yes?"

Magurité nodded, but that didn't mean she wanted to accept this. "Should I take Robin and Marcus to the hôpital?"

Mac looked at Robin before nodding. "Lindsay can do with you to process. Have her take Elly too."

Lisaraph

[183]Aug 1, 2007

Sheldon worked on Robin to wake her up, glancing up at Mac and nodding as he mentioned he'd workd the Nadoo case with him. Inwardly he cringed. He couldn't help but feel the man was judging him, testing him. As the paramedics approached Robin, Sheldon backed away. She had started to stir slightly, but her eyes had not yet opened. He stood up and moved away, letting the medics do their work. Nodding to Mac, he said softly. "Right, Mac. I'll, uh...I'll wait outside. The apartment was getting entirely too crowded, and he could feel his control wanting to slip. Making a quick exit after nodding to Danny, he hurried out the door and down the hall, eventually making his way to the street. He spied Linday and Amber and Elly in the car and made his way over to them. Leaning down, he smiled at Elly. "Hey Munchkin, Amber, Lindsay." Reaching into the car, he ruffled Elly's hair, then patted Amber distractedly on the arm before moving off to lean against Margurite's car and closing his eyes.

arna12

[184]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 8
    Jo tapped the side of the car door as they sat in traffic. She saw Flack look at her and apologised, "Sorry." He shook his head and told her he'd probably be doing the same thing if he wasn't driving. It didn't take them long to reach the crime scene. As Jo got out of the car she saw Amber, Lindsay and Elly. She smiled at them.They were all ok and she relaxed a little. A uniform walked up to them, "Detective Greggs, Detetctive Flack" he said nodding at them. "Anyone hurt?" Jo asked a little strained. "Not badly" he replied and Jo sighed in relief until she saw the paramedics around Robin, "Flack I'm just gonna ..." he smiled at her and nodded as she walked over to the gurney. "How is she?" she asked the medics, the uniform had said no-one was hurt but she just wanted to double check. "She's coming around now. We want to take her to the hospital just to make sure." Jo nodded, she grabbed Robin's hand and squeezed it, "Hey Robs," she said quietly as the girl stirred, "You're ok now. And we're gonna make sure that the guy who did this pays." She squeezed Robin's hand again. She wasn't sure whether Robin had heard her but she knew that the Captain would make her life h3ll if she didn't do her job.

She saw a man sitting in the back of a patrolcar and angrily started to walk over. "Not yet." She looked up at Flack, "I know how you're feeling Jo. But we've gotta do this right. What with everything going on right now." Jo nodded trying to stop the anger from making her do something foolish, "You're right. Besides it'll be more fun to let him squirm." She breathed out and walked into the building and into the apartment.
    Edited on 08/02/2007 4:28am

suzpsycho

[185]Aug 2, 2007

On their way to the car Don pulled out his cell and tried to reach Sasha, once again he got her voicemail. Slightly frustrated by his inability to contact his wife and still angry and worried about their friends, he left a short, harried message giving her the gist of what was going down, where he'd be, and to please call ASAP when she got his message. He hung up as they reached the car and headed out.

Jo's tapping against the car door wasn't helping his mood terribly--mostly because he didn't have an outlet for his worry as he was the driver. He glanced over at her a few times and finally she stopped. He gave her a tight smile and explained that he wasn't angry just frustrated like her.

Once they arrived on scene, things looked better and worse than he'd expected. Better in that there were no Coroner's people so that meant no one was dead. Worse in that he saw the paramedics bringing Robin out which meant someone was hurt. When Jo made to pull away and head toward Robin, he grabbed her arm. After a brief exchange of words, he released her to check on Robin while he got the report from the officers first on the scene. He knew he'd have to talk to LaBelle later but didn't feel right that moment was the time--not with her son having been a victim and her needing to see to his care first.

Don pulled out his notebook and began writing as the officers began to fill him in on what they'd seen, done, etc.

Macs_Girl01

[186]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    "Thanks Shel." Amber said with a grin. She straightened her shoulders and looked her best friend in the eye. "So Sheldon, what's the loud down? I mean what's happening?" Amber asked as she galnced at the apartment from time to time.

Lisaraph

[187]Aug 2, 2007

Sheldon kept walking as Amber asked her question, not seeming to hear her. After leaning against Margurite's car for a while to collect his thoughts, he walked back over and leaned in. "I'm gonna take a cab back to the lab, ladies. I guess I'm working on Mr. Freeze with Mac since you're out of commission for a bit. I came here with Margurite, so I don't have a car, and it's gonna be a while before things are squared away here. I might as well head back and start going over the flight logs that Margurite collected, and maybe make a few phone calls. Tell Mac that's where he can find me." He said this last almost softly, distractedly, an odd look in his eyes. He smiled at Amber again. "Everyone's fine, don't worry." He didn't think it was his place anyway to tell Amber about Robin. Mac should be the one to do that.

Sighing softly, he straightened up and started to walk towards the edge of the chaos, taking out his phone and ordering a cab to come pick him up. He felt out of place here, suddenly. And he shouldn't be here anyway. He wasn't a victim or an investigator on this one, so he had no place here. His place was in the lab, working on his case. He wanted to offer comfort to Maggie, but she was preoccupied with her son right now, so it would not be appropriate. His shoulders slumped forward in fatigue, and he pressed the bridge of his nose as he leaned against a buildling while waiting for his cab.

boom-moo

[188]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 75

Robin was fighting the need to come around. She could listen very quietly to some voice calling out her name from a long, long distance. She wanted to walk in that direction, follow the sound of that familiar voice, but Marcus was standing right there, so cute and elegant in his tux. He smiled and held his hand out to her; she took it. He whispered in her ear that she was beautiful, and then he caressed her cheek with his thumb as he placed a loose lock of hair behind her ear. It was their prom night, and Robin was feeling the happiest girl ever. She was also nervous, it was their first date too. She looked at her parents, who smiled approvingly. Elly run towards them and hugged them tight, Michael waved his little hand from Amber's arms and baby Brady was contemplating the whole scene with wide eyes from Mac's arms.

When they were coming out the building and about to enter their limo, Jo approached her to wish her a fun time. Robin didn't want to let her go, she wanted to squeeze her hand, she had helped her and Amber choose the right dress, she had being such a good friend, she wanted to thank her for everything and tell her that she was always in her heart too.But Marcus was there again, smiling so charmly, holding the limo's door for her. Robin tried to squeeze one last time Jo's hand, but she finally let go. All that she wanted was to forget about the world around, dance with Marcus and share their first kiss tonight.

boom-moo

[189]Aug 2, 2007

Danny kept waiting silently, standing up in the entrance of the living room, and crossing his fingers when the paramedics that he had seen leaving the building came back in carrying a stretcher. Sheldon backed up to let them do their job. He had an indefinite look, a mixture of sadness, tiredness, concern and something undefined. Danny assumed it was the logical consequence of an eventful night and the lack of sleep. As the paramedics placed Robin in the stretcher to the count of three, Mac looked up and noticed that he was there. Danny was one more time admired with Mac's capacity to overcome stress situations and keep a cool mind. He started to give instructions to everyone around.

Him and Lindsay were working the case. He will process the scene and Lindsay will process Marcus, Elly and Robin. Sheldon was ordered to carry on with the Naidoo case, and soon after Mac ended up giving instructions, he left hastily, nodding to Danny on his way out. There was definitely something going on with him, but now it wasn't the time to find it out. He nodded him back and patted his shoulder when he passed by his side. "Mac, I'll go grab my kit but first I'll get Boomer for Elly, if you don't mind". Mac nodded in approval. "Hey (Danny placed his hand on Mac's shoulder) Robin's gonna be alright. And we'll do this one by the book. The son a b*tch will pay for this". This said, Danny tiptoed towards the rooms, trying to find Boomer in Elly's.

boom-moo

[190]Aug 2, 2007

Sorry about Danny's double post, but I'm leaving now and just wanted to leave Danny on his own not to interfere with you guys

As he assumed, Danny found Boomer in Elly's bed. He picked it and smiled at the purple donkey. He would have never thought that she would cling to that stuffed toy with so much affection. He perfectly remembered Elly that afternoon in the locker room, wearing his sweater as a fancy princess dress, stepping on it each time she wanted to walk around, and using Lindsay's donkey from the funfair as the most beautiful steed ever. Danny sighed deeply and grabbed a couple of blankets too. After all, both Elly and Michael were in their pajamas, and it was still dawn. He tiptoed out of the apartment, nodded to the officers that were sealing the apartment's door, and hurried downstairs.

While he was approaching Amber's car, he glimpsed Flack and Greggs taking statements. He was wishing they would get the case too. Margurité and his son had just left the apartment too, and they were heading towards the hospital. Danny approached Amber's car, and put a relaxed face, not to worry Amber. He wanted to be done outside before Mac broke the news to Amber. "Hey, sorry I took long but I couldn't find this guy here" he handed Boomer over to Elly. "Guess what princess? He was soundly sleeping in your bed, he is such a sleepyhead". Then he handed a blanket to Amber and held Michael while Lindsay unwrapped him from her coat and wrapped him back with the other blanket.

Danny rubbed Amber's arm. "Mac and Robin are alright. Robin is a bit...overwhelmed, but she will be ok" Then he looked to Lindsay "You and I we are working the case. I'm processing the apartment, and you gotta process Elly, Robin and Marcus, alright? I'm gonna get my kit from the car. Then you can take it because you'll need it to go over to the hospital. And Amber, anything you may need just call me, ok? Just anything" Danny smiled to both women and rushed to his car.

Edited on 08/02/2007 10:28am

Macs_Girl01

[191]Aug 2, 2007

Amber greatfully execpted the blanket from Danny and wrapped it around Elly and handed her Boomer. She stood up and turned to Danny. "Danny just you being here is that I want." Amber said with a smile as she hugged Danny. "Listen stay her with Elly, I'll be right back." Amber said as shestarted towards Donnie.

"Donnie," Amber said softly. She tapped him on his shoulder to get his attention.

Lisaraph

[192]Aug 2, 2007

Elly grabbed at Boomer as Danny handed him over. She was glad to have him back. As Danny got out of the car, Elly glanced at Lindsay and started to head for the open door. She didn't want to stay here, there were too many strangers around. And they mentioned the word process. She remembered that last time, when Stella did it. She had wound up in the hospital that time, and then was taken away to that bad place with all the children. She wasn't going to go back there, and if her family was going to send her there, she wasn't going to stay with them anymore either.

Lisaraph

[193]Aug 2, 2007

RIOT AT THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE

By Deiter Reichardt

Unless you were under a rock last night, you saw or heard about the riot on the Brooklyn Bridge that went on into the wee hours of the morning, and, in fact, the stragglers from that riot are still being processed by the NYPD by all accounts. But what you may not have been told, is what caused the riot in the first place. Or actually, who: Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. That's right, Dr. Sheldon Hawkes was on the Brooklyn Bridge, processing a crime scene. Or so the officials say.. But as these pictures plainly show, Dr. Hawkes was too busy enjoying his "fame" to do much processing:

The article at this point is accompanied by photos showing Hawkes on the pylons waving to his fans, one of him on the pavement of the bridge, pointing and staring at the crowd, a grin on his face, and the last photo, one of him bending over Amber and planting a HUGE kiss right on her lips as she was laying on the ground, with his "adoring" fans seemingly cheering him on.

As can be seen, Dr. Hawkes seems to be reveling in his noteriety. The woman is none other than Amber Taylor, the wife of Mac Taylor, who supervises the crime lab. And where is Detective Bonasera while Dr. Hawkes is flaunting his fame? "Out of the office", is the Crime Lab's standard line. Perhaps, she is off converting their ill-gotten gains into something a bit more....spendable. Only time will tell.

Edited on 09/25/2007 7:29pm
    Edited 4 total times.

moggiye16

[194]Aug 2, 2007
    Magurité held her son close before following the paramedics out. She knew Marcus wasn't going to let Robin out of his sight any time soon. As he was climbing into the ambulance, she said, "I'll follow behind, alright?"

Marcus nodded, not really hearing what she had said. He reached over and grasped Robin's hand. Everything was going to change now. And all because of that stupid pig. He liked the way things were progressing. He wasn't sure if Robin would ever be comfortable in his presence ever again.

Mac watched Danny go before heading down stairs. He found Amber talking to Flack and immediately hugged her, soaking in her scent to calm him down. "Go With LaBelle to the hospital, okay? Be there for our girls? I'm needed at the lab. I'll come see you later, okay? I love you."

Mac gave her a final squeeze before walking up to Sheldon with an unreadable expression. "Amber's going to go with LaBelle to the hospital. I'll drive you back to the lab." Without waiting for a reply, he walked to his car and got in.

Lisaraph

[195]Aug 2, 2007
    Sheldon jumped as Mac approached him, and immediately took on the look of a dog who's about to be whipped for peeing on the couch. He cancelled his taxi call and trailed after Mac, head down and shoulders slumped. He slid into the the passenger seat of Mac's car and buckled himself in, staring straight out the windshield, not sure what to say, afraid to say anything at all, for fear of setting the man off. He looked like a powderkeg about to blow at any minute, and Sheldon was pretty sure he didn't want to be anywhere near the man when he finally did blow.

piratepixie-vix

[196]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 10

Walking into the precinct, Sasha headed over to Jack's office, unaware of the chaos happening elsewhere. Just as she was about to knock on his door, it opened, and Jack almost walked straight into her.

"Woh...where's the fire Jack?" Sasha joked, as Jack appologised.

"I thought you'd be working now.." Jack asked, assuming she had heard the news.

"Nah, day off. Although i was suposed to be meeting Don for lunch, but my cell's on the blink, so i figured I'd call by." explained Sash.

"You haven't heard?" Upon seeing Sasha's confused face Jack went on to explain about the intrudor at Mac and Amber's. Cutting of Sasha before she had a chance to say anything jack said "And before you say anything, i am not driving with you! But I'm sure they could do with another CSI there, Flack and Greggs are taking statements, but Amber's taking the others and heading over to Mercy to get checked out. Im staying here to oversee the interview of the b@stard"

"Im already gone," Sasha said as she was making her way out of the station, "Would you call Don and let him know?" She called over her shoulder, not waiting for a reply.

10 Minutes later, and a few near misses on the FDR, Sasha pulled up outside the Taylor's place. She flashed her badge to the unis by the tape, and found Scagnetti in the mele. He informed her that Amber and Lindsay were just about to leave for Mercy with the kids, and Shel and Mac had just left for the Lab/Precinct.
    Fighting her way through the amassed uniforms and press, she made her way over to Don and Amber, wanting to make sure that everyone was alright.

. .

Sorry i've been so MIA lately, i thought it would be a good idea to get a summer job.....now im just crazy busy!! yay!! And my stupid internet is still being a reject so.....

Edited on 08/03/2007 7:04am

Macs_Girl01

[197]Aug 3, 2007

"I love you too Mac." Amber said as she walked over to him and gave a passionate kiss then walked towards the car. She settled Elly in the back seat and and fastened her seat belt. Then she led Lindsay to other side of the car, and put Michale in his car seat and strapped him up.

"Well Linds let's get this show on the road." Amber said to her best friend that was beside her. They drove to hospital and all the while Amber thought about how close she came to loosing her family. She felt Lindsay squeese her hand and she squeesed back for support.

Edited on 08/03/2007 7:17am

suzpsycho

[198]Aug 3, 2007

Don was in the middle of taking one of the Taylor's neighbor's statements when he felt a tap on the back. He quickly turned, ready to pounce on whoever was interrupting him; but his nasty retort was hastily swallowed when he saw that it was Amber. Asking the neighbor to give him a second, he turned back to Am and gave her a quick hug and let her know he and Jo were going to make this matter their #1 priority. In fact, he quoted her back Jack's exact words.

Once Amber had gone off to handle the kids and hospital he returned to his interviews. After 2 hours, he and Jo had finished canvasing the neighborhood. They had statements from neighbors, the responding officers and a couple of people who happened to be on the street at the time. In all they had over 50 statements to wade thru. They'd seen the crime scene, it still felt strange to refer to Mac's place that way; walked the 3 surrounding blocks trying to see if they could find out how the Perp had gotten to Mac's--there was no way he belong in that neighborhood so he had to have either gotten a ride or driven himself. Just as they'd been about to give up for the night, they spotted a beat up, seemingly abandoned vehicle in an alley almost 3 1/2 blocks away. They'd called it in and had arranged for it to be towed to the Impound Yard.

After the tow-truck showed up, they'd made their way back to the front of Mac's building. There was still a lot of activity though Am, the kids, LaBelle, Marcus, Mac & Sheldon were gone. They assumed Danny was upstairs. Jo had suggested they take what they had and go back to the precinct to start comparing notes and figuring things out. Don was just about to agree when Sasha showed up.

He gave her a quick kiss by way of greeting and explained to her what had happened---or at least what they'd seen and heard so far. She told him about her phone being on the blink and that she'd just been assigned to help Danny process. Don gave her a tight squeeze and said, "Sorry about lunch and it looks like dinner is a definite no now. I'm heading back to the precinct with Jo. No telling when we'll be thru. And I guess you won't be done anytime soon. How about we try and grab a quick bite once you get back to the lab?" Sasha agreed, gave him a kiss, hoisted her kit and headed into the apartment building.

Turning back to Jo, he asked "Ready?"

Macs_Girl01

[199]Aug 3, 2007

On the way to the hospital, Amber looked in the rear view mirror and smiled at her sleeping kids. Amber sighed and turned and gave Lindsay a quick smile. They sat there in silence until Amber snapped on the radio. As they listened to the news, the reporter said Deiter Reichardt had came out with a new artical. Amber then turned up the radio. The reporter said the front page artical showed pictures of Dr. Sheldon Hawkes and Dectective Mac Taylor's wife Dectective Amber Taylor at the Brooklyn Bridge during the riot, the artical states that Dr. Hawkes was kissing Amber when she was on the bride on the ground.

"That ass!" Amber swore to Lindsay. "Can you believe this? I can't believe he did that." Amber said as she gripped the sterring wheel until her knuckles were white.

Edited on 08/03/2007 1:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.

moggiye16

[200]Aug 3, 2007
    Um, MG? Who's car is Amber driving? 'Cause Mac has theirs and he told Amber to go with Maggie since she's the only one with an available car.