CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY RPG Season 4: Some Days You Just Can't Get Away With Murder

saleblanc

[21]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 32
    Lindsay quickly shut off her alarm. Lindsay slowly sat up leaning on her elbows and looked at Danny, who as always, slept soundly through the alarm. She watched him sleep for a moment and then giggled she knew the one thing that would wake him, a fussy Lucy. She quickly snuck in the bathroom to shower and get ready for her shift. When she came out, Danny was still sleeping soundly, she'd give him a few more minutes. She tip toed into the kitchen and started the coffee. Her mother's ears picked up on a stirring baby but as she walked into the nursery and immediately started laughing. "How is it you can sleep through the alarm, me getting out of bed, showering as well as starting coffee, but the second that child makes a peep you are wide awake and on the move." She kidded as she walked over and kissed her husband good morning. To be truthful, Lindsay NEVER got tired of watching Danny with their daughter and took every opportunity to do so. To Lindsay he was the sexiest when he was caring for his daughter. He had been totally mesmerized from the moment she arrived. Lindsay was honestly lucky to get any time with her if Danny was around. He totally doted on her, not that Lindsay blamed him, they both adored their daughter who was a mixture of the two of them. Lucy had her Daddy's eyes, her Mum's hair and nose, and a personality all her own. But Lucy was an easy going baby, which for first time parents was a definite blessing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lisaraph

[22]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    Elias Koteas' occupation is lawyer, and apparently soon a volunteer fireman.

justicerocks

[23]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 11
    FoxPhile wrote:

{ We interrupt this RPG for a word from a somewhat befuddled new member... }

{ Edited to include some additions provided by Boom-Moo (thanks!) }

Ok, I hope this works this time.

I've been trying to read thru the S3 thread, and got totally lost in Who's Who. Sure, I know all the canon characters, but the Friends and Family were driving me....

So I created the chart below to try and keep it all straight, and I thought perhaps some other newbies like me might be able to use it.

You old pros out there, if you see something off, or want me to add something - let me know! I'll be glad to update / correct anything.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/FoxPhile/RPG_Characters4.jpg

{ We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem... }

*hugs FoxPhile* I love this chart! This is so going to help me!!!

WolfgalX

[24]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 22

(I'm going to pretend Adam already knows all the stuff you told us, FP. Just so it's easier than repeating everything again )

Adam pulled on his sanitary gloves, the fabric snapping into place. It wasn't required that techs wear gloves unless they were handling evidence, but it made him feel comfortable. His gloves from the first day at this job were sitting proudly on his desk at home.

He was about to pick up his first sample of the day (blood analyzing, always his favorite activity), when the tech looked through the window and spotted Sid. Adam practically ran out the door and intercepted the man. "Sid! Wait up! About those three vics from the dumpsters. The newest case? I was thinking I could take a look at the other contents of the dumpsters, find out if there's anything our killer left behind."

Numb3rsfan1

[25]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 28
    It's the morning of her day off and already Melissa woke up early in the morning. She went into the kitchen and starts cooking breakfast for her mother. It took her ten minutes to get breakfast cooked up and puts it on a plate. She then have time to make coffee. After she finished preparing breakfast, she picked up the tray and opened the door that led to her mother's room. "Good morning mother", she said holding the tray. She passed the breakfast tray to her mother and smiled. Donna was surprised to see Melissa made her breakfast in bed. "What did I do to deserve all this?" she said. Melissa smiled. "Two reasons. One, it's my day off from school today and two, it's your birthday." Donna smiled. She knew the fact that Melissa remembered her birthday perfectly. "Awwwww. Thank you dear", she said.

Melissa left her mother to eat her special breakfast in bed alone and sat on the couch, thinking. It was nearly three months since meeting Detectives Taylor, Bonasera and Messer and the break up with Ryan. Already she is feeling excited about going back to school. She wasn't feeling too pleased about what happened during those three months - putting Detectives Messer and Flack through a treasure hunt around the city, turning up at Detective Bonasera's apartment uninvited and causing Detective Taylor's confusion to name a few. "Maybe I'm starting to feel homesick or something", she thought.

NYCarbon

[26]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 17

Throughout breakfast Angell saw that the stranger kept sneaking glances her and thought that it was strange yet it gave her a warm feeling inside, despite the already sweltering temperature. After leaving a tip on the table, she mounted her motorbike and headed towards the 59th avenue precinct. It would be the first time in two months she would be back at her desk, working bland open-and-shut cases with the occassional murder mystery. Ever since the incidents of last year, all Angell has been given are the low-action scumbag cases which leave her wanting more action, and missing 'the team' more and more.

Upon entering the precinct, Jess was greeted by many familiar faces and at least five new ones. Her superior, Captain McAvoy, apporached her and welcomed her back-his voice as rough as ever and smelling of strong coffee. Jess sat down at her desk, stored her gun in the bottom drawer compartment and began to wait for cases to pile on her desk.

You may be right about Jess getting a boytoy, Lisa

Edited on 06/02/2009 1:19am

boom-moo

[27]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 75

Danny checked for the fourth time that Lucy's chair was perfectly fixed to the backseat of his car. It was quite a messy belt system and he wanted to make sure by all means that he had adjusted it correctly. Lindsay gave him a hand checking out the final result and nodding approvingly, which made him felt relieved. He was an overprotective father, but he was proud of it. And well, he had already thought of a way to tease his wife back in case she would have mocked him: she had gone over Lucy's bag at least 5 times before finally zipping it, and she had stuffed diapers, towels, bottles, pacifiers, bibs, toys and whatnot as to tend to the whole daycare kids. Danny took the driver's seat, fastened his belt and adjusted the rear view mirror so he could check both the traffic and her baby girl. After kissing Lindsay, he started the engine feeling as happy as he'd ever been.

Lisaraph

[28]Jun 2, 2009

Marcus LaBelle stepped out of the precinct after paying a quick visit to his mother to bring her some coffee. It was the first time in six months that he had been back to New York City, after returning to Quebec to attend to some personal business which had taken far longer than he had wanted it to. He had thought many times about trying to contact Robin, but always chickened out. A few cautious emails had been written, but went unsent. After finding out from Margurite about the daycare center, he thought it would be a good, safe environment to see her in again, and little Elly too. Man, did he miss that girl terribly. And now that Brian was out of life forever, he could turn his attentions back to winning over the girl he was determined that he was in love with.

A short time later, he pushed open the doors of the daycare center (after showing his ID and dropping his mother's name) and was greeted by an enthusiastic Elly who leaped on him and nearly choked him to death in her happiness to see him, actually speaking his name. "Hey Elly! How are you! You've gotten so big! And is that Michael?" He set Elly down carefullyl and knelt down to embrace Michael who had come toddling quickly over to see him. After picking up the chunky boy, he looked around. "Elly, where's Robin? Can you go find her for me?"

FoxPhile

[29]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 8

Folks - fair warning. I tend to write LONG pieces. I hope nobody minds.

Seeing Adam rushing towards him, Sid secured a better grip on his coffee and his files, concerned that a collision with the sometimes exuberant young CSI would result in disaster. "Does the case file mention dumpsters, Adam?" Sid knew he'd never manage to recheck the files while still holding his coffee, and he really didn't want to discuss everything twice. Added to which he knew Mac would want to hear about this situation directly from him, so he gestured to the young man to come along with him to Mac's office.

"The vics were found dumped headfirst in grease recycling barrels, Adam. I don't remember any mention of dumpsters, although I suppose there were probably some dumpsters in the vicinity. I remember back when I was in med school, I was working as a dishwasher in a greasy spoon a few blocks from the university. We didn't worry about recycling old grease back then; it was just dumped in with the rest of the trash or even down the drains. One day I'd finished my shift and on my way out I passed by the dumpster and there was this terrible cacophony coming from inside. Turns out the cook had just dumped a vat full of grease from the fish fry special the previous day. A stray cat must have smelled it and thought he was in for a real treat when all he got for his trouble was a greasy fur coat and no way to get back out with all the grease all over his paws."

Mac Taylor looked up from the files he was reviewing to see Sid and Adam entering his office.

"Did they ever get the cat out of the dumpster, Sid?"

"What?" Sid didn't think Mac could have possibly heard the story he'd been telling out in the hallway.

Mac closed the file, stood up and came around to the front of his desk. "I've heard the cat in the dumpster story about 3 times, and I figured the vics in the grease barrels would probably bring out the same story. You've never told me if the cat ever got out."

Adam was doing his best not to laugh, but he was losing the battle. A grin spread wide across his face as he looked between his boss and the ME.

"Oh…" Sid answered, setting his coffee down on a table, "I suppose it must have. It certainly wasn't there the next morning. Although I suppose it could have simply died in there. I hope not. I probably should have stopped to help the poor thing, but I was already late for my Gross Anatomy lab Oh dear, now I feel bad."

"Sid….Sid!" Mac grinned, inwardly reminding himself never to encourage Sid like that again. "Sid, it's ok. Stray cats are very resourceful, I'm sure he got out just fine." Mac leaned up against his desk. "I'm assuming you've come to discuss the three vics in the grease barrels?"

"Yes." Sid opened the file he was holding and passed several pages to Mac. "All three came in under a preliminary determination of accidental overdose. But as you can see, the tox reports all show the same combination of injectable drugs. I've ordered additional tests to determine if there are any molecular similarities between the drugs used that can further tie the cases together."

Sid flipped through more pages and passed two more to Mac. Leaning over to peer at them, Adam could see that each was a close-up picture of a man's wrist.

"And all three were found in grease barrels?" Mac looked up from the photos.

"Yes. The heads and torsos were completely covered with grease. But the victims were already dead when they were dumped in the barrels."

"Hmmm." Mac scrutinized the photos and then looked again at the printed pages. "Restaurants collect the used grease from deep fryers and then pass it on to recyclers who convert it into bio-fuel to power cars and trucks. Several months ago when the price of gasoline got high, there was a rash of thefts and many restaurants started storing the barrels inside instead of outside in the alleyways. I guess the demand for old grease isn't as high now that the price of gas has come back down."

"Mac," Sid continued, "I'm not sure quite how to say this, so I'm just going to come out with it." Closing his file, he removed his glasses and looked directly at the head of the New York crime lab. "This is just sloppy police work. Each time one of these bodies was found, it was assumed that it was just some poor junkie on an overdose. There's no record of any evidence collection, no witnesses questioned, nothing. Just a quick bag 'n tag of the body and off to the morgue."

"Sid," Mac handed the papers back to doctor. "I'm way ahead of you. Adam, I'm assuming that you're here because you're interested in this case, so I want you to track down Danny and the two of you get to the location where the most recent vic was found and see what you can salvage. I'll be sending Hawkes and Stella to the second location as soon as they get in. Amber is already on her way to the first scene with Flack and I'll be joining her there as soon as I can finish up a bit of paperwork. And I'll also be having a talk with the police captains of those precincts to find out why no one thought to call for a CSI."

Sid nodded, muttering a goodbye to Adam as the young CSI left on his appointed mission. He could tell that Mac Taylor was not happy with the situation. "I've already spoken with the young ME who did these autopsies. He's still very inexperienced and he simply accepted the initial findings of the first responders. AND he missed the ligature marks on all three victims. Of course, that's why we subject the autopsies of probationary medical examiners to supervisory review. Although truthfully, with these kinds of errors, I'm not entirely sure we'll be keeping the young man much longer."

Sid sighed. He really hated this part of his job. He didn't like having to sit in judgement on the junior members of the ME staff. "Well, let me know if there's anything more I can do to help. We've notified the next of kin in each case that we need to hold the bodies for a few days more." With that, he picked up his coffee and left.

Macs_Girl01

[30]Jun 2, 2009

Fox- The chart is a great job, I just thought I let you know that Amber did have sibling, Bo, who is deceased. Great job by the way!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Amber got showerd, feed Brady, handed her to her older sister and kissed the rest of her children goodbye, and headed out the door for work. That pictular morning what she wouldn't give for few extra hours in bed with husband but when the call came in, she knew it meant all hands on deck. She was glad that she was going to work and work along side her husband. She never told anybody, but when Mac went missing she thought that someone had cut her heart from chest and stumped on it as she watched from the lab the hell that he and Sheldon went through.

But now everything was the it should be. Lindsay and Amber both had healthy baby girls, Mac was out of rehab and home safe with and their kids, and she wouldn't have it any other. All was it the past. Her mind race over the things that happened the past few months as she exited the percient and got in her truck and followed Flack to the crime scene. She deciede to call Mac and have him explain to her what they were in for. She let the phone ring a couple times until she heard her husband's voice on the other end.

"Hey G-man. Just was checking in with you to see how bad this crime scene was that we were going to? I've got to tell ya, I never realised that Donny drove this fast." Amber teased.

Edited on 06/04/2009 3:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

WolfgalX

[31]Jun 2, 2009

Wow, I feel dumb. My late night eyes read "dumpsters". I don't mind long posts at all, FP, they're good.

Just a quick question, where is the Taylor's day care? Like, an apartment?

---------------------

Adam figured the best place to search for Danny would be the Taylor's day care, but he was nervous about going there. He stopped his car about three times on the way there, planning to turn around, but Mac's voice kept pushing him ahead. Disobeying his boss had never been a good idea. "I want you to track down Danny and the two of you get to the location where the most recent vic was found".

As he was remembering the order, some idiot driver raced by, almost hitting Adam's car. He noticed that it was light blue and small, but not much else, since it was going so fast. He rolled his eyes. People in a rush could really be dangerous sometimes. Finally, Adam pulled up to the right address, more or less intact. He stepped out of the car.

boom-moo

[32]Jun 2, 2009

The daycare facility is 3 stories down from the lab hun, same building on the 32nd floor

Robin couldn't help but smile at the new parents having a hard time saying goodbye to their babies. She practically had to struggle with Danny to get Lucy, and she had to reassure Lindsay that she indeed had her cell phone number and that she wouldn't hesitate to use it if needed. Actually, Ruth and her had an ongoing poll on several work related matters such as how long would Mac take to walk those three stories down and check out on his little ones. They were still giggling about it when Elly pulled her sleeve. She looked at her and immediately knew something was going on. Even though her little sister seemed to be fighting mixed feelings, Robin knew better and a certain somber in her blue eyes didn't escape her attention. "What's up, Elly?" Elly hesitated and her mute reaction worried Robin. Lately, her silence was more to be concerned about than her voice. "I'll be right back, Ruth." She smiled at her partner, rubbed Elly's cheek and stepping out of the nursery, she headed towards the reception area.

It wasn't anything like she had seen in the movies, it wasn't anything like she had pictured in her mind once an again, it wasn't anything like she thought it would be. She didn't drop what she was holding, she didn't fight a stubborn tear, she didn't get lost in his hazel eyes. She just took a deep breath and cordially acknowledged him. "Marcus. What can I do for you?"

Edited on 06/02/2009 4:34pm

Macs_Girl01

[33]Jun 2, 2009
    Boom just so you know, Braby is with you, just so you know!

boom-moo

[34]Jun 2, 2009
    Macs_Girl01 wrote:
    Boom just so you know, Braby is with you, just so you know!
    Yeah I know. All of Robin's siblings are with her at the daycare. I suppose Mac dropped them since Amber left earlier in the morning.

saleblanc

[35]Jun 2, 2009
    Lindsay and Danny made their way upstairs. As much as Lindsay loved her daughter she also loved her job and was so grateful for the on-site daycare center. It gave her and Danny the security of knowing that Lucy was safe as well as cared for but also allowing them easy access to keep an eye on the precious little one. They walked into their shared office and sat at their desks to begin the day. Lindsay first tackled her email as well as voicemail.

WolfgalX

[36]Jun 2, 2009
    Gah, I can't get things right...Do you guys mind if I just sit out a while and watch? So I can kind of get the hang of it?

boom-moo

[37]Jun 2, 2009
    WolfgalX wrote:
    Gah, I can't get things right...Do you guys mind if I just sit out a while and watch? So I can kind of get the hang of it?
    You can just edit and carry on, hun. But if you want to read for a bit I'll understand. There's really not much to get, just move along with the flow and try to remain unharmed

Lisaraph

[38]Jun 2, 2009
    WolfgalX wrote:

Hey Wolf, with the exception of me, MG, and blu, everybody here was in the same boat you are. Everybody was nervous and took a few posts to get in to the groove. No worries, hun. You're doing fine!!

Lisaraph

[39]Jun 2, 2009

Sheldon pushed open the doors of the daycare center just in time to see Robin greet Marcus. He cocked his head. Margurite had mentioned something about Marcus being in Quebec the last six months, but she hadn't mentioned that he had returned. How odd. They had been out on a date just two nights ago, dinner and the new Star Trek movie. He would have remembered her mentioning it. He noticed the tension between him and Robin, and instantly went on alert, his senses automatically tuning themselves higher. But before he could react, Elly let out a screech of happiness and ran towards him and throwing her arms around his waist. "Uncle Doc! Uncle Doc! Marcus is back!" Grinning at the kid's exuberance, he ruffled her blond hair and knelt down to give her a big hug. "I see that sweetheart! You know, Brandon has been asking after you. How would you like to go the zoo with me and him this weekend?" Elly nodded that she certainly would, and gave Hawkes another big hug. Standing up with a smile on his face, Hawkes stepped towards Marcus and Robin. Pinching Michael's little cheeks from where he sat in Marcus' arms, he greeted the pair. "Hey, Robin. Marcus. Good to see you again. Your mother mentioned you were in Quebec, but she didn't mention that you had returned. Welcome back. I only have a few minutes before my shift, but I just wanted to say hello to the kids. I'll let you two catch up." He patted Marcus on the shoulder and turned towards Robin, giving her a gentle hug before gripping her shoulders and giving her a look that said If you need anything, you have my number. Releasing Robin, he left the daycare and headed to the lab, sitting down at his desk to catch up on emails and a bit of paperwork before the day got completely hectic.

Marcus had been just about to answer Robin when they were interrupted by the arrival of Dr. Hawkes. He smiled at the man and returned his greeting. "Thank you. It's good to be back. I kind of surprised her last night. She wasn't expecting me back for another week or so, but I managed to finish up my business. So here I am." He waited as Hawkes greeted Robin and then left the building. Turning back to Robin, he smiled. "I...I just wanted to see you again. And the children. They've gotten so big! And Elly's talking! That's amazing! How...how have you been?" He downcast his eyes and set a squirming Michael on the floor where he quickly toddled off to play with his friends, Elly trailing after him. "I'm sorry I didn't call or email, or write, but...I-I wasn't sure you wanted to see me again."

saleblanc

[40]Jun 2, 2009
    Sasha lay sprawled, tummy down, on the bed with her head hanging over the side. It wasn't comfortable but she was so exhausted after 2am round of lovemaking with Don she hadn't moved. Suddenly the scent of coffee was sent through her nostrils. Without opening her eyes, "You really do love me don't you?" Don smiled. "More and More everyday. You better get moving we're running late." He answered. "What time is it?" Sasha asked. "Almost 6" Don informed her as he was picking yet another ugly tie to go with his suit. "Sh!t, why didn't you wake me?" Sasha scrambled into the bathroom for a shower. One of the things that Don loved about her was that she wasn't high maintenance or made a fuss about silly things. Don knowing her as well as he did, guessed she'd be ready to roll in about 15 minutes flat. He was in the kitchen buttering a piece of toast and refreshing her to-go mug of fresh coffee and almost to the second she stepped out of the bedroom looking fabulous. She walked over grateful for the toast, grabbed the coffee, kissed him "Good Morning Pretty Boy". "You know it's your fault we're late." Don commented grinning. "Yeah, I know but it was sooooo worth it." Sasha purred. Giving him another kiss. Don picked up the keys and they headed out.